**OFFICIAL Vidor Crow-Eating Thread**

GoDogs27

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1286747" timestamp="1348964882"]
I didn't start this thread to have to explain the non-rivalry with Vidor again. Honestly, how many years has Vidor been significant? I'm not saying that to knock them, but come on. Yes, the past couple of years the Vidor game has been big for Nederland because they stood in the way of our District Crown. But, we've had a string of years where it was that way with Ozen and Central too. With MCM it's a year round deal not just in hs sports. It trickles down to youth sports, office wars, you name it. It stands the test of time and is extremely relevant even if neither team is. My point being, the Vidor game will continue to be a big game for Nederland as long as they stay relevant. But if they revert back to being the doormat of the district, then it won't matter much to Ned. I have a feeling the same cant be said for Vidor...
[/quote]
Its a pretty silly argument anyway. It does not matter.  Lets not loose sleep over it. Go Dogs! Go Pirates! Its all good for Southeast Texas.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1286747" timestamp="1348964882"]
I didn't start this thread to have to explain the non-rivalry with Vidor again. Honestly, how many years has Vidor been significant? I'm not saying that to knock them, but come on. Yes, the past couple of years the Vidor game has been big for Nederland because they stood in the way of our District Crown. But, we've had a string of years where it was that way with Ozen and Central too. With MCM it's a year round deal not just in hs sports. It trickles down to youth sports, office wars, you name it. It stands the test of time and is extremely relevant even if neither team is. My point being, the Vidor game will continue to be a big game for Nederland as long as they stay relevant. But if they revert back to being the doormat of the district, then it won't matter much to Ned. I have a feeling the same cant be said for Vidor...
[/quote]

I agree with a lot of what you posted, but I don't think the doormat days are returning to Vidor anytime soon.  Let's not forget that that doormat was a semi-permanent fixture in Nederland before Neumann arrived. 

There wasn't a real loser on the field last night. It'S been nearly 24 hours and my pulse is just getting back to normal. I listened on the radio and probably needed an IV while watching the replay. Those were two really good ball teams with two good coaching staffs. Neumann and Mathews are two fine head guys and first class people. I really think the Vidor community and kids have bought into Mathews philosophies on how to succeed and their doormat days are over. Ned did that awhile back. I think Vidor has and will become a force in the district. I will go see them play when theirs and Neds schedules don't conflict. Congrats to Both teams. I think we'll see them both with strong playoff runs.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1286901" timestamp="1348973678"]
There wasn't a real loser on the field last night. It'S been nearly 24 hours and my pulse is just getting back to normal. I listened on the radio and probably needed an IV while watching the replay. Those were two really good ball teams with two good coaching staffs. Neumann and Mathews are two fine head guys and first class people. I really think the Vidor community and kids have bought into Mathews philosophies on how to succeed and their doormat days are over. Ned did that awhile back. I think Vidor has and will become a force in the district. I will go see them play when theirs and Neds schedules don't conflict. Congrats to Both teams. I think we'll see them both with strong playoff runs.
[/quote]

I was with you completely, except for that "strong playoff run" comment.  If they both go Div-1, they lose 1st round.  Summer Creek and Dayton will win those match-ups.  Crosby and BH will win the Ozen and Livingston match-up, so pretty much a LOT of sweep crow coming to 20-4A...........

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1287020" timestamp="1348978458"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=103863.msg1286901#msg1286901 date=1348973678]
[/quote]

I was with you completely, except for that "strong playoff run" comment.  If they both go Div-1, they lose 1st round.  Summer Creek and Dayton will win those match-ups.  Crosby and BH will win the Ozen and Livingston match-up, so pretty much a LOT of sweep crow coming to 20-4A...........
[/quote]

Keep smoking.... ::)

[quote name="griff" post="1287348" timestamp="1349039258"]
A few of you Vidor fans just need to keep your heads up.  After all...you are the self-proclaimed scrimmage champions of Orange County.  ;)
[/quote]You may be onto something, how did we ever get past Vidor?  They beat WOS in a scrimmage, and we lost a scrimmage to WOS. Oh well...guess we will never be ranked on the scrimmage poll!!!!!!! ;)

[quote name="outanup" post="1287425" timestamp="1349046054"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=103863.msg1287348#msg1287348 date=1349039258]
A few of you Vidor fans just need to keep your heads up.  After all...you are the self-proclaimed scrimmage champions of Orange County.  ;)
[/quote]You may be onto something, how did we ever get past Vidor?  They beat WOS in a scrimmage, and we lost a scrimmage to WOS. Oh well...guess we will never be ranked on the scrimmage poll!!!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
Man how many times do i have to explain to yall. It was just a scrimmage. A glorified practice. Doesn't really mean much.  ::)

Ned fans these days.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476