Central vs. Ozen

409Fan

Ozen players did not match up at all. Here are 10 reasons why they won't beat Central Friday after next:
1. Jakobi Jones was proven a nonfactor. He couldn't even rush the ball, play fakes were not up to par, and one of his passes he wasn't even looking at it to even make a play on it.
2. The offensive line is too young and inexperienced. They did not block backside at all. Jordan Ozen was constantly under pressure and for that, he got injured three quarters in the game.
3. Jordan Ozen was par at best. I've seen this kid play better like vs West Brook but this just wasn't a good game for him at all and I really don't see him bouncing back especially going out with an injury.
4. Jarvaris Curl is a backup with no varsity experience. More reps could mean better play but not good enough to beat that speedy defense of the Jaguars.
5. The defensive line is excellent except when they are running the ball right up the middle.
6. The pass defense gave up too much. Stephensville threw the ball when they wanted to and where they wanted to. They really need to step up. Tony Brown is a good kid, has good work ethic, but not a good athlete. He was fussing back and forth with his coach and did some very unsportsmanlike stuff in the game like stepping over a kid after making a tackle.
7. Central is much faster than Stephensville.
8. Central is much stronger than Stephensville.
9. Even though Central is not as disciplined as Stephensville, they are more disciplined than Ozen I believe.
10. Too many injuries on Ozen's part to make up for the losses.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1275305" timestamp="1347995589"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=103328.msg1275288#msg1275288 date=1347995154]
Glad to see that you or someone took that post down
[/quote]

I removed it.

For his status on this site, he best not post anything like that again. ;)
[/quote]
I personally feel threatened by your remark.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1275314" timestamp="1347996469"]
Gotta go with Ozen. They have more offense than central, though Central has better defense. I'm going Ozen 14-0. Probably similar to the WO-S game. I'd like to see central live up to their potential.
[/quote]

And what is their potential?

[quote name="409Fan" post="1275299" timestamp="1347995456"]
Ozen players did not match up at all. Here are 10 reasons why they won't beat Central Friday after next:
1. Jakobi Jones was proven a nonfactor. He couldn't even rush the ball, play fakes were not up to par, and one of his passes he wasn't even looking at it to even make a play on it.
2. The offensive line is too young and inexperienced. They did not block backside at all. Jordan Ozen was constantly under pressure and for that, he got injured three quarters in the game.
3. Jordan Ozen was par at best. I've seen this kid play better like vs West Brook but this just wasn't a good game for him at all and I really don't see him bouncing back especially going out with an injury.
4. Jarvaris Curl is a backup with no varsity experience. More reps could mean better play but not good enough to beat that speedy defense of the Jaguars.
5. The defensive line is excellent except when they are running the ball right up the middle.
6. The pass defense gave up too much. Stephensville threw the ball when they wanted to and where they wanted to. They really need to step up. Tony Brown is a good kid, has good work ethic, but not a good athlete. He was fussing back and forth with his coach and did some very unsportsmanlike stuff in the game like stepping over a kid after making a tackle.
7. Central is much faster than Stephensville.
8. Central is much stronger than Stephensville.
9. Even though Central is not as disciplined as Stephensville, they are more disciplined than Ozen I believe.
10. Too many injuries on Ozen's part to make up for the losses.
[/quote]
Everybody mark this on your pick em's cuz 409fan said so  :D
409fan since you have nothing else to do but pick my Panthers apart, give us a list of 10 reasons why every other team in the 409 either won or lost last week. Preseason is just that. At this point all teams should have a feel of what they need to work on. I said it before and I'll say it again and as a Panther fan, Saturday was the worse I've seen any of those kids play but trust me they are not down for the count. Can't wait to see your list of reasons after the game.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1275440" timestamp="1348005195"]
Stats and results won't show it but they have some serious weapons on offense. [b]Robert Mitchell could have been the best quarterback from Beaumont since Chip Ambres but he looks confused as well as the coaches[/b]. Unrealized potential. They get out coached. Defensively they are always sound.
[/quote] He's at the wrong school.  ;) *stirs pot*

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1275468" timestamp="1348007387"]
[quote author=Aggieallstar link=topic=103328.msg1275440#msg1275440 date=1348005195]
Stats and results won't show it but they have some serious weapons on offense. [b]Robert Mitchell could have been the best quarterback from Beaumont since Chip Ambres but he looks confused as well as the coaches[/b]. Unrealized potential. They get out coached. Defensively they are always sound.
[/quote] I am forced to agree, somewhat. 
Talents like Mitchell's wouldn't have been waisted for 2 years and counting at Oxen or West Brook. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1275497" timestamp="1348009727"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103328.msg1275468#msg1275468 date=1348007387]
[quote author=Aggieallstar link=topic=103328.msg1275440#msg1275440 date=1348005195]
Talents like Mitchell's wouldn't have been waisted for 2 years and counting at Oxen or West Brook.
[/quote]discuss that on the Preview Show.  ;)

[quote name="uandme08" post="1275363" timestamp="1347999679"]
[quote author=409Fan link=topic=103328.msg1275299#msg1275299 date=1347995456]
[/quote]
Everybody mark this on your pick em's cuz 409fan said so  :D
409fan since you have nothing else to do but pick my Panthers apart, give us a list of 10 reasons why every other team in the 409 either won or lost last week. Preseason is just that. At this point all teams should have a feel of what they need to work on. I said it before and I'll say it again and as a Panther fan, Saturday was the worse I've seen any of those kids play but trust me they are not down for the count. Can't wait to see your list of reasons after the game.
[/quote]
I wish I could give you those twenty reasons (10 for Central and 10 for West Brook) but I only attended one game last week. And yes I can't wait for 7:00pm 9/28/12.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1275497" timestamp="1348009727"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103328.msg1275468#msg1275468 date=1348007387]
[/quote]

He shoulda been a Pirate....

[quote name="robanadana" post="1276468" timestamp="1348116539"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=103328.msg1275497#msg1275497 date=1348009727]
[/quote]

He shoulda been a Pirate....
[/quote] lol  It would have been wasted.  Vidor only throws the ball 10 times a season. 

I think Central will hold their own on the defensive end.  Now, if only our offense can wake up and get their butts in gear and our recievers catch open passes, we'll be ok.  Just don't get into a cat and mouse playing game like vs. WO-S.  If you see you have a little momentum, put the foot on the neck.  I'd honestly would love to see Ozen put away early...

:'( A little over 26 hours until the scheduled kickoff. I must say I am a bit surprised that Ozen hasn't been cocky and bragging as their usual self. Maybe because they are already working on their post game speeches. LOL! Well it will not be a good game at all though. I talked to a good friend of mine and coach at Central and he said they have a few things lined up for the game that should make it interesting. But when I asked one of my Ozen acquaintances how they would fare, he wasn't quick to say "I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and see on gameday". I mean geesh have a little more faith in your program will you!

[quote name="409Fan" post="1283616" timestamp="1348786044"]
:'( A little over 26 hours until the scheduled kickoff. I must say I am a bit surprised that Ozen hasn't been cocky and bragging as their usual self. Maybe because they are already working on their post game speeches. LOL! Well it will not be a good game at all though. I talked to a good friend of mine and coach at Central and he said they have a few things lined up for the game that should make it interesting. But when I asked one of my Ozen acquaintances how they would fare, he wasn't quick to say "I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and see on gameday". I mean geesh have a little more faith in your program will you!
[/quote] The Central Coaches, you say?  The same guys that can't tear a wet paper bag?  I think that  if we win, it will be more of what the players did better than Ozen's vs. Outreaching.  Our staff gets confused on when and when not to decline or accept a penalty... Nevertheless, I hope you're right...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1283676" timestamp="1348793855"]
[quote author=409Fan link=topic=103328.msg1283616#msg1283616 date=1348786044]
[/quote] The Central Coaches, you say?  [b]The same guys that can't tear a wet paper bag?[/b]  I think that  if we win, it will be more of what the players did better than Ozen's vs. Outreaching.  Our staff gets confused on when and when not to decline or accept a penalty... Nevertheless, I hope you're right...
[/quote]
409Fan is delusional to say the least.

BMTSoulja1, the concensus has won. It's no longer he say/she say when it comes to your comment. I was at the JV game and Ozen scored twice off of Central lateral passes behind the line of scrimmage not being caught. After the 1st 1, I said surely they will address this but when it happened again and none of Central's players moved to touch the ball the Central fans were livid. I heard everything but "yall are children of God" from the fans shouting to the staff particularly the hc. I told my son we had to get out there before we witnessed a lynching lol.

Now from one fan to another - let's pray for an injury free game on both sides of the field.

Let's Go Panthers in my cocky and bragging voice!  ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83