Lamar at Hawai'i Updates/HAWAII WINS 54-2!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="wbfan" post="1273498" timestamp="1347777610"]
I hate to see what USC would do to Lamar...
[/quote]

Oops - I hate to see what USC would do to Stanford . . . :)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1273518" timestamp="1347795364"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=103216.msg1273498#msg1273498 date=1347777610]
I hate to see what USC would do to Lamar...
[/quote]

Oops - I hate to see what USC would do to Stanford . . . :)
[/quote]

Lol, I said if because both USC and Lamar have played Hawaii. Now tat you mention it, Stanford would be another repeat of Okie Lite-Savannah State

I can see where we are playing a FBS team and they have more scholarships to offer that they mite be better. But the fact of the stupid fumbles I cant see. Your in college boy, playing college football, your should know how to hold on to the ball by now. It's one thing to be a QB and get blasted on the blind side or step up in the pocket and get waylaid, but trying to get to a punt that is way short or just letting it slip out of your arms on a kickoff. The Oline has got to get stronger, just plain and simple. Tonight the QB was running for his life on EVERY play. He made some plays and some he couldn't. I would love to see our two RB get a chance to run the ball, tonight they didn't get the chance. The defence did what they could do, hats off to them. Is Lamar playing home next week?

[quote name="STiger85" post="1273593" timestamp="1347809513"]
I can see where we are playing a FBS team and they have more scholarships to offer that they mite be better. But the fact of the stupid fumbles I cant see. Your in college boy, playing college football, your should know how to hold on to the ball by now. It's one thing to be a QB and get blasted on the blind side or step up in the pocket and get waylaid, but trying to get to a punt that is way short or just letting it slip out of your arms on a kickoff. The Oline has got to get stronger, just plain and simple. Tonight the QB was running for his life on EVERY play. He made some plays and some he couldn't. I would love to see our two RB get a chance to run the ball, tonight they didn't get the chance. The defence did what they could do, hats off to them. [b]Is Lamar playing home next week?[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, against Langston

Seriously, people, what kind of game did you expect?  Woodard should never have scheduled this game or any game like it.  If you want to play and FBS team this early in Lamar's football resurgence, there are plenty of other programs you can play.  Lamar should be looking at playing Idaho, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee, and other programs that are down right now.  Hell, line up a game with North Texas!  We're not setting the college football world on fire these days!!  Hawaii is tough gig.  They generally have first crack at all the top Hawaiian and Samoan players in the Pacific!  Heck, just having to put up with the Warrior Haku Dance would diminish any of Lamar's hope of winning that game.  Not sure if they still do that dance.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCZ5RkhJkY&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCZ5RkhJkY&feature=related[/url]

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1273477" timestamp="1347773659"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103216.msg1273475#msg1273475 date=1347773319]
welp, how much Lamar getting paid for this game again?
[/quote]

Only about $450k plus travel expenses I believe.  For an butt whooping like this we need a lot more $$$.  I saw where ULM and Ark State both got a smooth $1mil for there games today.  Who negotiated our deal???
[/quote]

Bowl Championship Divisions, like ULM and Ark State get $1 million in these kind of deals....Teams in the Lower Championship Division get around $400-$500 thousand.....

[quote name="Pirate88" post="1273721" timestamp="1347828675"]
Woodard's scheduling is terrible.

You play ULL then PVAM
Play Hawaii then Langston.

Play a tough one you have no chance in and then play a cupcake.

What has this team learned in their first three games?
What did we learn fans want to see their team win. So schedule easy games at home when you can.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder