Nederland @ Vidor Predictions

PhatMack19

Who wins?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Vidor

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1284099" timestamp="1348843951"]
Let me say...NO ONE from Nederland did this....

It looks to me as if someone from Vidor did this just to up the rivarly and get their team up.

Reasons Nederland did NOT do this:

1)  No rivalry for us, sorry.
2)  We would not use spray paint and sheets.  We have print/sign shops and would use them. 
3)  Too little effort.  If we would drive that far to do ugly, we would do it BIG, sorry, Vidor.  Next time, you need to make more effort.
4)  We are the Undefeated Champs (last year).  We don't brag on what we DID, rather what we WILL do.  The only ones this bothers is the ones who lost to us, ummm, let me think....

Anyways,

Good try, maybe next time someone will do better.

GO DOGS
[/quote]

I am so tired of hearing about a flippin rivalry!!!!  Ned and PNG have their rivalry, MCM.. Kuddos!!  All we care about is beating every team that steps in the way!! With that being said.......GO PIRATES, BEAT THE DOGS!!!  FINAL VIDOR 17-14

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1284138" timestamp="1348845600"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=103187.msg1284099#msg1284099 date=1348843951]

It looks to me as if someone from Vidor did this just to up the rivarly and get their team up.

2)  We would not use spray paint and sheets.  We have print/sign shops and would use them. 
3)  Too little effort.  If we would drive that far to do ugly, we would do it BIG, sorry, Vidor.  Next time, you need to make more effort.
4)  We are the Undefeated Champs (last year).  We don't brag on what we DID, rather what we WILL do.  The only ones this bothers is the ones who lost to us, ummm, let me think....

Anyways,

GO DOGS
[/quote]

I am so tried of hearing about a flippin rivalry!!!!  Ned and PNG have their rivalry, MCM.. Kuddos!!  All we care about is beating every team that steps in the way!! With that being said.......GO PIRATES, BEAT THE DOGS!!!  FINAL VIDOR 17-14
[/quote]

^^ What she said ^^^

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1284138" timestamp="1348845600"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=103187.msg1284099#msg1284099 date=1348843951]

Anyways,

GO DOGS
[/quote]

I am so tried of hearing about a flippin rivalry!!!!  Ned and PNG have their rivalry, MCM.. Kuddos!!  All we care about is beating every team that steps in the way!! With that being said.......GO PIRATES, BEAT THE DOGS!!!  FINAL VIDOR 17-14
[/quote]
I know a kid on the Nederland team. So go dogs. rough rough!

I have a huge suspicion that this was not Nederland's doing lol. It looks like it was probably done by someone at Vidor, be it someone in Matthews staff or otherwise. A perfect way to fire a team up even more. Based on what the sign says and the lack of vandalism, this does not point to a Nederland hit in my opinion. It serves as a reminder for what happened last year. (why would Nederland want to say that and piss the team off even more?)... Nederland doesn't care about the game last year, but Vidor, and rightfully so, hasn't forgot. I tip my cap lol. Job well done.

I have a huge suspicion that this was not Nederland's doing lol. It looks like it was probably done by someone at Vidor, be it someone in Matthews staff or otherwise. A perfect way to fire a team up even more. Based on what the sign says and the lack of vandalism, this does not point to a Nederland hit in my opinion. It serves as a reminder for what happened last year. (why would Nederland want to say that and piss the team off even more?)... Nederland doesn't care about the game last year, but Vidor, and rightfully so, hasn't forgot. I tip my cap lol. Job well done.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post! stupid iPhone!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1284156" timestamp="1348846612"]

EDIT: Sorry for the double post! stupid iPhone!
[/quote]

I do not believe this is the case.  This is now on the Channel 12 news and the Beaumont Enterprise, I truly do not think Mathews or anyone on his staff would want that kind of attention when all the attention right now should be on two well playing football teams that are going head-to-head in what should be the best game of the season!!!!  I hope they get to the bottom of it and figure out who did it.

[quote name="Barrio365" post="1283900" timestamp="1348813124"]
My prediction for this game is PAIN....for Vidor .
Vidor doesn't  have what it takes to compete with a program like ours.
We're faster , bigger, in better shape and we are a heck of alot smarter . Every year they talk about beating the Dogs but only seldom does it happen  . Their fans , team , coaching staff and family always leave with tears in their eyes on the way to their cars . Its not in their destiny to win this game. I mean, they are not well known for being winners . Just a history of losing and choking to our beloved Dogs.

The town of Nederland will take over Vidor tomorrow night. This might as well be a home game for us..........lol
The Bulldogs will physically punish the Pirates!
They have not seen mean & physical until tomorrow night.
I cant wait to see Big Ned embarrass the P-Rats in front of their home crowd . Its going to be incredible.

Nederland 42
Vidor 7
[/quote]

Smh, this guy is on crack. I'm looking for the score to be in the ballpark of 14-17 or 24-21. I'll say a solid line on this game is Nederland -1, Vidor +1

I hope they do too PirateGirl. I'm not accusing, I just think it would be a perfect way to emotionally fire up a team just a little bit more on game day. What's sad is that Nederland kids are already going to be viewed as guilty by the general public even if they didn't do it. I would bet my life that it wasn't anyone on the team though.

And BigRed, the line in my opinion would probably be -3 or -4 for Nederland. Strength of schedule being the primary reason for adding the extra couple of points. O/U estimate would probably be 38.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1284166" timestamp="1348847184"]
I hope they do too PirateGirl.[u] I'm not accusing,[/u] I just think it would be a perfect way to emotionally fire up a team just a little bit more on game day. What's sad is that Nederland kids are already going to be viewed as guilty by the general public even if they didn't do it. I would bet my life that it wasn't anyone on the team though.

And BigRed, the line in my opinion would probably be -3 or -4 for Nederland. Strength of schedule being the primary reason for adding the extra couple of points. O/U estimate would probably be 38.
[/quote]

I'm sorry GoDogs I couldn't resist on a few posts back you posted it was probably someone from Vidor or the Coaching staff..and now you post your not accusing......I don't even know what to say to that. 

I did not do it.....Thats all I know..But if I would have..  it would have been alot better then that and Vidor would have been fired up a whole lot more :-*...I wonder why the coaches did not do something to that pretty field, instead of a sheet ... A big N in each endzone done with diesel or round up would have been  better. But I understand how coaches are with there fields...At least Deroun painted his own car and beat on it with a hammer in 88 ...It was time for a trade in I guess... ....Maybe cut the totem pole down..O $HIT WRONG SCHOOL ;D..I don't want to give any more of my ideals up so I will stop ;)

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls I will be so glad when tonight is finally over this has been one hell of a 2 weeks. We have talked about uniform colors, who cooks the best, what will be at the concession stands and i have forgot some of the others. There has been some vandlism and who knows who did that but, it served it's purpose and has both sides blaming the other. Even heard there were some vehicles egg'd at Ned stadium last night. Well tonight will decide who gets egg on their face, has to eat crow or Alpo or what ever else that has been dished out this week for the dogs. This is my final post on this subject for today and I leave you with this simple prayer that we should all think about tonight.

God Grant me the serentity to accept the things I can not change
Courage to change the things I canand the wisdom to know the difference.

[quote name="incognito" post="1284182" timestamp="1348848329"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103187.msg1284166#msg1284166 date=1348847184]
I hope they do too PirateGirl.[u] I'm not accusing,[/u] I just think it would be a perfect way to emotionally fire up a team just a little bit more on game day. What's sad is that Nederland kids are already going to be viewed as guilty by the general public even if they didn't do it. I would bet my life that it wasn't anyone on the team though.

[/quote]

I'm sorry GoDogs I couldn't resist on a few posts back you posted it was probably someone from Vidor or the Coaching staff..and now you post your not accusing......I don't even know what to say to that.
[/quote]

If you read my post I said that I have a suspicion this was not done by Nederland. A suspicion and an accusation are different to me. Maybe I'm wrong on the definitions of each. Sorry if I mis-worded things.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1284268" timestamp="1348853919"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=103187.msg1284182#msg1284182 date=1348848329]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=103187.msg1284166#msg1284166 date=1348847184]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you read my post I said that I have a suspicion this was not done by Nederland. A suspicion and an accusation are different to me. Maybe I'm wrong on the definitions of each. Sorry if I mis-worded things.
[/quote]

8)

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1284229" timestamp="1348851562"]
OK Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls I will be so glad when tonight is finally over this has been one heck of a 2 weeks. We have talked about uniform colors, who cooks the best, what will be at the concession stands and i have forgot some of the others. There has been some vandlism and who knows who did that but, it served it's purpose and has both sides blaming the other. Even heard there were some vehicles egg'd at Ned stadium last night. Well tonight will decide who gets egg on their face, has to eat crow or Alpo or what ever else that has been dished out this week for the dogs. This is my final post on this subject for today and I leave you with this simple prayer that we should all think about tonight.

God Grant me the serentity to accept the things I can not change
Courage to change the things I canand the wisdom to know the difference.
[/quote]

Amen!!!

[quote name="Laurie75" post="1284295" timestamp="1348856984"]
[b]BH isn't playing tonight, sounds like it'd be a good game to go watch!  [color=blue][size=10pt]But probably standing room only![/size][/color][/b]
[/quote]

Which is anything over 500 people on the visitor's side.

[quote name="tvc" post="1284297" timestamp="1348857263"]
[quote author=Laurie75 link=topic=103187.msg1284295#msg1284295 date=1348856984]
[b]BH isn't playing tonight, sounds like it'd be a good game to go watch!  [color=blue][size=10pt]But probably standing room only![/size][/color][/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Never been to Vidor's stadium but that's how alot of visitor sides are!  Not all of them but alot of them!

[quote name="Laurie75" post="1284299" timestamp="1348857520"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=103187.msg1284297#msg1284297 date=1348857263]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Never been to Vidor's stadium but that's how alot of visitor sides are!  Not all of them but alot of them!
[/quote]

In 2A maybe.

At least you can't get a bad seat on the visitor's side. They are all within the 30 yard lines.  8)

[quote name="tvc" post="1284327" timestamp="1348860340"]
[quote author=Laurie75 link=topic=103187.msg1284299#msg1284299 date=1348857520]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In 2A maybe.

At least you can't get a bad seat on the visitor's side. They are all within the 30 yard lines.  8)
[/quote]

The home side in the bone yard is very comfortable...just saying  :)

[quote name="tvc" post="1284327" timestamp="1348860340"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In 2A maybe.

[/quote]

LOL.....I'm from BH and most teams have decent sized visitor seating, however I think the Crosby visitor side seating is the worst on our side of the river.

i was told by sum ex vidor players a SIMILAR incident happened around '96-'97 before vidor/lumberton game. LR was spray painted on on vidors field causing a big uproar about people from L-town disrespecting the pirates & come to find out a few vidor coaches did it for a little extra motivation before the game. 

[quote name="incognito" post="1284333" timestamp="1348860945"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=103187.msg1284327#msg1284327 date=1348860340]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In 2A maybe.

[/quote]

The home side in the bone yard is very comfortable...just saying  :)
[/quote]

Isn't it though?? Love that home side seating in the Boneyard! We don't have to rush and be super early just to get a good seat! Haha!!

[quote name="kf89" post="1284371" timestamp="1348863624"]
i was told by sum ex vidor players a SIMILAR incident happened around '96-'97 before vidor/lumberton game. LR was spray painted on on vidors field causing a big uproar about people from L-town disrespecting the pirates & come to find out a few vidor coaches did it for a little extra motivation before the game.
[/quote]
Different coaches man.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder