WOSgrad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1271942" timestamp="1347683100"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103153.msg1271924#msg1271924 date=1347682846]
Told yall Montana is better on Offense  ;)
[/quote]
Just think if he didn't play defense and was fresh every offensive series.
[/quote]

Y'all know how much I think of Montana but tonight was a total Pirate effort. Our defensive line was murderous against CB and stayed in their backfield all night. Personally, I think Bryce Cooper had a heck of a game. Save one big play, CB had nothing in the air. Kudos to the defense tonight...they're every bit that good. Nederville better lace those shoes up tight before they come to the Boneyard....BTW, we would beat Laporte.

Just got back from the game.  WOW is the only word I can come up with.  The Oline played fantastic tonight.  Was worried after the Bridge City game but those 5 up front were moving CB all over the place tonight.  It loks like they have gelled as a unit and with the way the D played they are ready for district.  On a side note,  I didnt think 23 was going to be able to top that run last week when he was hit in the backfield and ran through him and the safety on the way to a TD,  but tonight he put a stiff arm on one of the CB players  on the way to a TD that was something.  Great job on both sides of the ball with the oline and dline.  They showed tonight what kind of a team they will be this year. 

We played a true quality team tonight!  If CB had an even average QB, they would be a playoff team.  They lined up 6'2" 190# receivers all night and had D Lineman at least 6'4".  The size of their team was impressive.  It says a lot that we controlled the game like we did.  Our team is special and plays as a "team"!  There is no team, in this area, we cannot compete with.  I expect awesome things come playoff time.  It is our year to make a true run!

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1272023" timestamp="1347685314"]
Just got back from the game.  WOW is the only word I can come up with.  The Oline played fantastic tonight.  Was worried after the Bridge City game but those 5 up front were moving CB all over the place tonight.  It loks like they have gelled as a unit and with the way the D played they are ready for district.  On a side note,  I didnt think 23 was going to be able to top that run last week when he was hit in the backfield and ran through him and the safety on the way to a TD,  but tonight he put a stiff arm on one of the CB players  on the way to a TD that was something.  Great job on both sides of the ball with the oline and dline.  They showed tonight what kind of a team they will be this year.
[/quote]

I think Montana is faster this year as well TP, last year he gets caught on those runs. One thing about our kids, they're in shape!!!

Class and sportsmanship displayed by both teams all night. They literally beat the hell out of each other running the ball down each others throats for 48 straight minutes  but as soon as they heard the whistle they helped each other up and were patting them on the back and exchanging attaboys. This was consistent from both teams after every play all night!!! Both coaching staffs should be very proud of their kids for representing their programs with dedication, skill and ability, sportsmanship, class, and good character. To end the night both teams huddled up together whereafter they prayed together!!!

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1272002" timestamp="1347684768"]
[quote author=SmokinSkull2 link=topic=103153.msg1271417#msg1271417 date=1347676361]
Great win Pirates!!!! Thanks for the updates Curelover and Dustoff! +1
[/quote]
You are very welcome.  My phone just absolutely died on me at halftime :-(
[/quote]
;)my phone managed to last to the end, just kept taking forever to post and would sometimes lose signal.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1271982" timestamp="1347684378"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=103153.msg1271942#msg1271942 date=1347683100]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103153.msg1271924#msg1271924 date=1347682846]
Told yall Montana is better on Offense  ;)
[/quote]
Just think if he didn't play defense and was fresh every offensive series.
[/quote]

Y'all know how much I think of Montana but tonight was a total Pirate effort. Our defensive line was murderous against CB and stayed in their backfield all night. Personally, I think Bryce Cooper had a heck of a game. Save one big play, CB had nothing in the air. Kudos to the defense tonight...they're every bit that good. Nederville better lace those shoes up tight before they come to the Boneyard....BTW, we would beat Laporte.
[/quote]Vidor would beat LP by at least 21 IMO

Very good game tonight. Glad to see we implemented the passing game. I know it wasn't much, but it was very effective and no doubt we'll have it if needed. Hats off to the 0-line. They proved excecution and teamwork beats size and speed.

Defense. What can I say. WOW! The secondary played great and that int by Cooper was sweet. Snaged the ball and toe tapped both feet on the sideline to stay in bounds.

Kudos to CB for playing a good clean game. There some talent on that team no doubt. Good fans too.
Stopped and ate on the way home and met some CB fans. They were very impressed with this Vidor team tonight.

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi