Hull-Daisetta vs Groveton/Predictions & Comments

Well.... if i'm a betting non-bobcat fan, I say Groveton big. Based on the butt whooping Kountze gave H-D and the whooping Groveton gave Alto. So... being that I bleed red and black and love my H-D Bobcats, I say H-D wins in a close game. This game will be a measuring stick for sure. We will for sure, see exactly where we are. I look for Coach Finney to get the players minds right, get back to the basics. Let's not forget this science project just started and we are still tweeking the dials. HD will be fine. The players are very talented and the Coaches are very knowledgeable. HD has the size to push 1A teams around. Also I am sure as our players learn the Slot-T system, more mis-direction will be used. Bottom line is, we have to dominate the middle of the O-LINE. Our center and guards have to open a hole for the fullback in the Slot-T. If we can't get 3 yards and a pile of dust with our fullback, the Slot-T will not develope properly. HD needs to move our most saltiest, hardnosed, nastiest meanest, linemen to center and guards. Pull with some quick footed tackles on your misdirection plays. On defense we have the potential to be powerful and dominate. HD has the ability to start 6 huge and powerful defensive lineman that should be unmoveable vs 1A talent. Kyle Hopkins, Ken. Lavalais, Thomas Stanley, Chris Taylor, Abraham and Big Cook. These players all range from 240lbs-280lbs. Then your studs linebackers like Tyler Drake and Darrell Lavalais could be covered up and make more plays. 5-2 defense! Garrett Hickman as a strong safety in box. 5-3 defense! Hill as free safety. Tyler Redman and Austin Edmondson at corners. Those 6 big maulers named could also move people on the O-LINE. This is all just my opinion. I believe HD gets back on track and makes a playoff run. We will win District!!!!! GO BOBCATS!!!!! We still believe in yall Bobcats!

Hopefully Huckaby gets moved to the backup QB spot. Also think Huckaby is a good defensive player. Chris Herman is a strong powerful kid and will excel in the trenches, both OL-DL.

Darrell Lavalais
Tyler Drake
Garrett Hickman
Austin Edmondson
Chris Taylor
Ken Lavalais
Kyle Hopkins
Thomas Stanley
Chris Herman
Huckaby

These players should not leave the field, except on special teams. In my opinion.

I think this should be a very competitive game. HD will learn alot from the loss to Kountze. The Lions were a very talented athletic team that is a perfect preparation for possible playoff matchups like San Augustine, Alto, and West Sabine. The Bobcats made some mistakes and really need to stick together late, even if it's not going your way. I know Coach Finney, Huckabay and the rest of the staff will make sure of that. Groveton has been down the last couple years, but they always bring a tough team with lots of talent. They proved that last week by winning against top 10 ranked 1A Alto. HD will need to execute and not make the mental mistakes that they did against Kountze. It's obvious to me that this team will not run up and down the field on you, they will pound it out. They showed they can do that on the drives just before and after halftime against Kountze. Holding penalties kill HD because they aren't built to move the ball on 1st down and 20. The battle in the trenches will be key. I would like to see Darrell Lavalais run the ball more early and often. Groveton beat HD the last two matchups in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007. Both games were very close and I expect another close one. Bobcats learn from last week and deal with some adversity. I say .....

Hull-Daisetta - 28

Groveton - 23

HD will have to execute perfectly, play fundamentally sound with sure tackling, and not turn the ball over. I think they can do that. Good luck and Go 'Cats!!

I'm all for supporting your team, but when you know your going to lose why predict a win? Your post was actually very good for once, you should have focused on everything you did, and added that HD could use all these to play better in the future and against Groveton, but predicting a win hurt the decently intelligent post. Groveton 50+
HD less than 14
Kountze dominated you guys, Groveton is good, and will dominate HD as well.

[quote name="LP6" post="1266908" timestamp="1347315226"]
I'm all for supporting your team, but when you know your going to lose why predict a win? Your post was actually very good for once, you should have focused on everything you did, and added that HD could use all these to play better in the future and against Groveton, but predicting a win hurt the decently intelligent post. Groveton 50+
HD less than 14
Kountze dominated you guys, Groveton is good, and will dominate HD as well.
[/quote]

Maybe you should ask him if he is willing to bet on his team vs. Groveton. ;)

Those things usually get them to crawfishin. ;D

I don't see anything wrong with picking HD to win. I looked at the schedule this year and after seeing these kids in off-season and two-a-days, there was not one game on the schedule that I said... "we're gonna get our butts handed to us". I knew Kountze would be tough this year, but you never know what Lion team will show up. The talented, fast, newly committed team showed up last week, and they handed it to us. Groveton will be tough too, but they were 3-7 last year and were beat by Trinity in Week 0. The last two times HD faced Groveton, it was a very competitive game, and I think the Bobcat team of this year is better than those HD squads. ('06/'07). Deweyville is always tough, but HD has a good chance of winning. Lovelady was awesome last year, but their enrollment is down 22% since the last alignment and they lost a ton of seniors dropping down to 1A DII... so they are beatable. Normangee will be tough, but beatable. I'm sure nobody thought that Kountze would knock off East Chambers a few years ago, or any of the other countless upsets that happen every season. That's why you play the games!! I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and I'm decent at picking games (2nd in the pick 'em contest so far... I know, to you AAW), and I think they have a decent shot at winning. We're not playing Dayton or West Orange Stark here people lol. Our coaches and kids read this stuff, so if they don't think that we believe they can win.... what does that tell them or do for their confidence? Just my .02 cents. Go Bobcats, and apparently Shock The World!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1266936" timestamp="1347317149"]
I don't see anything wrong with picking HD to win. I looked at the schedule this year and after seeing these kids in off-season and two-a-days, there was not one game on the schedule that I said... "we're gonna get our butts handed to us". I knew Kountze would be tough this year, but you never know what Lion team will show up. The talented, fast, newly committed team showed up last week, and they handed it to us. Groveton will be tough too, but they were 3-7 last year and were beat by Trinity in Week 0. The last two times HD faced Groveton, it was a very competitive game, and I think the Bobcat team of this year is better than those HD squads. ('06/'07). Deweyville is always tough, but HD has a good chance of winning. Lovelady was awesome last year, but their enrollment is down 22% since the last alignment and they lost a ton of seniors dropping down to 1A DII... so they are beatable. Normangee will be tough, but beatable. I'm sure nobody thought that Kountze would knock off East Chambers a few years ago, or any of the other countless upsets that happen every season. That's why you play the games!! I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and I'm decent at picking games (2nd in the pick 'em contest so far... I know, to you AAW), and I think they have a decent shot at winning. We're not playing Dayton or West Orange Stark here people lol. Our coaches and kids read this stuff, so if they don't think that we believe they can win.... what does that tell them or do for their confidence? Just my .02 cents. Go Bobcats, and apparently Shock The World!!
[/quote]

Well, maybe if your 'Kids' would attend to things that they can control, like their team practices and their class work, instead of reading sports boards, they would give a better performance.  Just a thought. 8)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1266963" timestamp="1347319346"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=102886.msg1266936#msg1266936 date=1347317149]
[/quote]

Well, maybe if your 'Kids' would attend to things that they can control, like their team practices and their class work, instead of reading sports boards, they would give a better performance.  Just a thought. 8)
[/quote]

They do attend to team practices and their class work.  Every player in SETX reads these boards, that is not a sign of bad focus.  HD will have a tough challenege this week, but the game is winable.  This is a huge game for HD.  If we win this, we announce our presence in 1A.  Adjustments will be made, mistakes will be corrected, and the Cats will take Groveton down. 

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1266986" timestamp="1347320496"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=102886.msg1266963#msg1266963 date=1347319346]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=102886.msg1266936#msg1266936 date=1347317149]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They do attend to team practices and their class work.  Every player in SETX reads these boards, that is not a sign of bad focus.  HD will have a tough challenege this week, but the game is winable.  This is a huge game for HD.  If we win this, we announce our presence in 1A.  Adjustments will be made, mistakes will be corrected, and the Cats will take Groveton down.
[/quote]
Unfortunately this game is not "winable". HD has no chance and should have stuck to scheduling the normal bottom feeders so they could have a good record while continuing their "tradition". Groveton scores 50 and it will depend upon how sorry the Groveton coaches feel for HD as to whether or not HD scores. Groveton has a highly athletic QB and RBs while HD has no speed or talent. It doesnt look like HD is going to be "hitting teams in mouth" as prophesied previously by the HD faithful/delusional.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="89falcon" post="1267101" timestamp="1347328100"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102886.msg1266986#msg1266986 date=1347320496]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=102886.msg1266963#msg1266963 date=1347319346]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Unfortunately this game is not "winable". HD has no chance and should have stuck to scheduling the normal bottom feeders so they could have a good record while continuing their "tradition". Groveton scores 50 and it will depend upon how sorry the Groveton coaches feel for HD as to whether or not HD scores. Groveton has a highly athletic QB and RBs while HD has no speed or talent. It doesnt look like HD is going to be "hitting teams in mouth" as prophesied previously by the HD faithful/delusional.
[/quote]

Right, because you are the authority on Groveton football.  I'm sure you've seen them in person many time and can attest to their athleticism.  We submit to you and the mighty Falcon brand.  May you and your Barbers Hill transfers continue to rule the TXHSFB world.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1266859" timestamp="1347310603"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=102886.msg1266797#msg1266797 date=1347304326]
Groveton - 50+

H-D - 13

HD will get some TD's against Groveton's 2nd stringers late in game.
[/quote]Maybe we will schedule Sabine Pass soon. lol
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure West Hardin will face the same problems this week against West Sabine.  I don't have a feel good feeling about this one.

To all the H-D fans makin the drive, take a player roster with you! When we (West Sabine) played them last year, they had DEWEYVILLE'S roster under our name in the program.Know this because I myself had to take them a copy of our roster up in the booth! VERY long walk up a steep set of bleachers. Called em out over the loudspeaker like that. Just sayin be prepared lol!!!!!

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1267235" timestamp="1347338603"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=102886.msg1267101#msg1267101 date=1347328100]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102886.msg1266986#msg1266986 date=1347320496]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Right, because you are the authority on Groveton football.  I'm sure you've seen them in person many time and can attest to their athleticism.  We submit to you and the mighty Falcon brand.  May you and your Barbers Hill transfers continue to rule the TXHSFB world.
[/quote]
That is correct. I have watched nearly every game they have played for the past several years.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1268021" timestamp="1347413973"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102886.msg1267235#msg1267235 date=1347338603]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That is correct. I have watched nearly every game they have played for the past several years.
[/quote]
Haha! It's one thing to use facts to make a point my friend, but when you make an extremely sarcastic post to a user who actually has seen them play quite often, you make a complete fool of your self.

[quote name="LP6" post="1268024" timestamp="1347414111"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=102886.msg1268021#msg1268021 date=1347413973]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102886.msg1267235#msg1267235 date=1347338603]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Haha! It's one thing to use facts to make a point my friend, but when you make an extremely sarcastic post to a user who actually has seen them play quite often, you make a complete fool of your self.
[/quote]
It is not sarcastic, you know not what you speak of. I have watched nearly every Groveton game for the past several years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder