Best Post Player in The Area

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1277516" timestamp="1348244414"]
ahhh.

all the bigs now wanta play point forward.....shoot the 3 and cross over

finding a big like, Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Howard, Ewing, Barkley (though not a big by height, but played like a big man) Kareem, etc.......  few and far between.  almost a dying breed.
[/quote]
Like was said before a 6'4 post in highschool wont be playing post in D1 so they better develop guard skills.

that is true...  but learning all skills makes you more valuable are more productive.  a 6'4" guard can post up vs man in D1 if theres a slight mismatch and he has good post skills. 

So what about 6'8" and above kids.  If you learn the skills and can perform them in a game and be productive on a consistant basis, you [b]may[/b] have a ticket to the NBA...because it is so scarce.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="ram0524" post="1307401" timestamp="1350942799"]
Weisbrod is getting stuff from Kansas, so why are people saying he is going to be a d2 player at best if he is getting stuff from Kansas?
[/quote]

Uh, getting "stuff" and receiving an offer are two totally different things. ;)

Colton will do just fine. He doesn't have to go to Kansas to prove anything. He is a very good player.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1307405" timestamp="1350942997"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=102086.msg1307401#msg1307401 date=1350942799]
Weisbrod is getting stuff from Kansas, so why are people saying he is going to be a d2 player at best if he is getting stuff from Kansas?
[/quote]

Colton will do just fine. He doesn't have to go to Kansas to prove anything. He is a very good player.
[/quote]
Either way, he is still getting recognition from a school like that.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1307412" timestamp="1350944003"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102086.msg1307405#msg1307405 date=1350942997]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=102086.msg1307401#msg1307401 date=1350942799]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Either way, he is still getting recognition from a school like that.
[/quote]
Kids get stuff from colleges all the time.. doesn't mean anything.. A kid from Kountze has been getting letters from Baylor for football.. lol He isn't near the caliber to play college ball

This is going way back, but one of my best friends in high school ('85 Houston area) had enough letters from college footbal coaches to wallpaper his room, literally.  You name a big school at the time, and he had a letter or letters from them.  He was a decent starting running back on a big 5A team, and was an all greater Houston linebacker. 

Problem was he was a classic tweener.  Absolutely great HS player, but a little too small to be a linebacker at a big program and a little too slow to be a safety.  No offers from big D1's.  Plenty of offers from Southland-type programs and the like.  Kid was a Morman, so he went to Brigham Young and did not even try to walk on.  Just moved on with his life.

And his story is very common. 

[quote name="Pumper" post="1307833" timestamp="1351001002"]
This is going way back, but one of my best friends in high school ('85 Houston area) had enough letters from college footbal coaches to wallpaper his room, literally.  You name a big school at the time, and he had a letter or letters from them.  He was a decent starting running back on a big 5A team, and was an all greater Houston linebacker. 

Problem was he was a classic tweener.  Absolutely great HS player, but a little too small to be a linebacker at a big program and a little too slow to be a safety.  No offers from big D1's.  Plenty of offers from Southland-type programs and the like.  Kid was a Morman, so he went to Brigham Young and did not even try to walk on.  Just moved on with his life.

And his story is very common.
[/quote] Yep!! Very common!!  Enjoy [color=red]this stuff [/color]while you can and have fun with it!!!

Oh here is another scenario I want to bring up:

If I'm a coach and I'm looking at the class of 2012 and need  ONE point guard. I have my list, lets say my top 5 guards from this class. I'm going to keep in touch, call, text, invite, etc all five guards, [color=red]but I really want #1.
[/color]
Guess what? If my #1 verbals to another school and my #2 signs with a school, I'm now going for that #3 guard on my list. You can fill in the other scenarios of this situation ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont