Barbers Hill/Central/HF Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250724" timestamp="1345862584"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=102005.msg1250709#msg1250709 date=1345862264]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250696#msg1250696 date=1345861865]
I was at the scrimmage. They played 18 minutes a piece with a running clock.

Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central.

HF- I actually thought they looked decent. Not too bad on defense and had some decent speed. They may surprise some teams in that tough district.

HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.

BH= IMO the offense when they got things going looke good, Strating out they fumbled a couple of times, but put together some good drives. The defense looked good and swarmed to the ball, but the option hurt them a little when Central ran it. The Central QB I think was scared to get hit because he pitching the bal way tooearly on the option. I thinkit was BH 1 score to Central 1 score. BH 1 score to HF 0 score. I left after BH and Central played each other so other things may have happened.

Overall, I think BH will compete for one of the playoff spots.
[/quote]

thanks Tradinup :) like i said I showed up at about 8 PM :-\
[/quote]
Sorry for the spelling, I'm typing in the dark. ;D They said they were doing one more round when I left. I don't care for the 3 way scrimmage idea. Overall, BH did look the best. I thought HF looked better then Central. Central's bright spots were the big play potential and speed. They didn't execute that well though. In a real game, I think BH would smoke Central. It looked like Central was tired from all of their pre game chants and jumping up and down. ;D
[/quote]

True, didn't get to see HF against Central, but saw that HF couldn't do anything about BH. Centrals first possesion against BH it was my opinion of them came from. BH looked bad on D during that Drive, but the second possesion by Central they came alive and started doing very well.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1250731" timestamp="1345862810"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250724#msg1250724 date=1345862584]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250696#msg1250696 date=1345861865]

Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central.

HF- I actually thought they looked decent. Not too bad on defense and had some decent speed. They may surprise some teams in that tough district.

HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.

BH= IMO the offense when they got things going looke good, Strating out they fumbled a couple of times, but put together some good drives. The defense looked good and swarmed to the ball, but the option hurt them a little when Central ran it. The Central QB I think was scared to get hit because he pitching the bal way tooearly on the option. I thinkit was BH 1 score to Central 1 score. BH 1 score to HF 0 score. I left after BH and Central played each other so other things may have happened.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry for the spelling, I'm typing in the dark. ;D They said they were doing one more round when I left. I don't care for the 3 way scrimmage idea. Overall, BH did look the best. I thought HF looked better then Central. Central's bright spots were the big play potential and speed. They didn't execute that well though. In a real game, I think BH would smoke Central. It looked like Central was tired from all of their pre game chants and jumping up and down. ;D
[/quote]

True, didn't get to see HF against Central, but saw that HF couldn't do anything about BH. Centrals first possesion against BH it was my opinion of them came from. BH looked bad on D during that Drive, but the second possesion by Central they came alive and started doing very well.
[/quote]
Central QB didn't want no part of getting hit. One drive for Central I started laughing because BH was swarming and it made it 3rd and long. Central QB threw about a 15 yard pass and skipped it off the turf 4 yards and the WR caught it in his hands. The officials gave them a 1st down. Must have been replacement refs or something. ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250734" timestamp="1345863241"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=102005.msg1250731#msg1250731 date=1345862810]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250724#msg1250724 date=1345862584]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]Central QB didn't want no part of getting hit[/b]. One drive for Central I started laughing because BH was swarming and it made it 3rd and long. Central QB threw about a 15 yard pass and skipped it off the turf 4 yards and the WR caught it in his hands. The officials gave them a 1st down. Must have been replacement refs or something. ;D
[/quote]thats not good going up against Memorial's D next week, you're gonna get hit rather you like it or not. I hope he's not thinking bout that injury he had last year cause if he is he might as well hang it up for the year cause he's gonna get hit playing in 20-4A thats for sure.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250672" timestamp="1345860778"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102005.msg1250669#msg1250669 date=1345860522]
A glorified PRACTICE is what you base that on?  Ok, We'll see. Next week.
[/quote]of course its a glorified practice when you get dominated by a bunch of Barbies.  ::)

Anyone know if HF gave Central the business too?
[/quote]It's funny.  BH was the undefeated district champions last year and we did fairly well against them.  You dominated a weak Atascocita team that will struggle to stay out of the cellar in that district.  But, you're right.  We count on scrimmages to determine who will win the game next week. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250751" timestamp="1345863877"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250734#msg1250734 date=1345863241]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]Central QB didn't want no part of getting hit[/b]. One drive for Central I started laughing because BH was swarming and it made it 3rd and long. Central QB threw about a 15 yard pass and skipped it off the turf 4 yards and the WR caught it in his hands. The officials gave them a 1st down. Must have been replacement refs or something. ;D
[/quote]thats not good going up against Memorial's D next week, you're gonna get hit rather you like it or not. I hope he's not thinking bout that injury he had last year cause if he is he might as well hang it up for the year cause he's gonna get hit playing in 20-4A thats for sure.
[/quote]
If PAM is as good as you say, I predict 49-7 PAM.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250754" timestamp="1345863997"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102005.msg1250672#msg1250672 date=1345860778]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102005.msg1250669#msg1250669 date=1345860522]
[/quote]of course its a glorified practice when you get dominated by a bunch of Barbies.  ::)

[/quote]It's funny.  BH was the undefeated district champions last year and we did fairly well against them.  You dominated a weak Atascocita team that will struggle to stay out of the cellar in that district.  But, you're right.  We count on scrimmages to determine who will win the game next week.
[/quote]
If it makes you feel better, ya'lls Freshmen team beat us pretty good. Them boys had W over 6'0" out there. Only 30 kids though? Never remember Central having only 30 kids on a team. Anyways, Soulja don't go to the game against PAM next week. I have a feeling it's going to get ugly fast.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250703" timestamp="1345862127"]

[b]Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central[/b].

[b]HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.[/b]

[/quote]I guess the problems with Central isnt the coaches this year.  ;)
[/quote]What problem does Central have?  It was the first scrimmage of the year. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250754" timestamp="1345863997"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102005.msg1250672#msg1250672 date=1345860778]

[/quote]It's funny.  BH was the undefeated district champions last year and[b] we did fairly well against them[/b].  You dominated a weak Atascocita team that will struggle to stay out of the cellar in that district.  But, you're right.  We count on scrimmages to determine who will win the game next week.
[/quote]no you did not from the reports that are posted and HF hung with the [b]Former Kings of 20-4A[/b].

And TradinUp i say 56-17, Central will score more than a TD,  i would hope so, for their sake.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250764" timestamp="1345864269"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102005.msg1250754#msg1250754 date=1345863997]

[/quote]
If it makes you feel better, ya'lls Freshmen team beat us pretty good. Them boys had W over 6'0" out there. Only 30 kids though? Never remember Central having only 30 kids on a team. Anyways, Soulja don't go to the game against PAM next week. I have a feeling it's going to get ugly fast.
[/quote]so their numbers are down also??  :o

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250767" timestamp="1345864360"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102005.msg1250703#msg1250703 date=1345862127]

[b]Central- QB didn't look good, but the option was hurting BH on the outside. entral better not ever rely on the pass because they couldn't throw very well. Central D was not very good and couldn't stop BH RB, who is a Junior. He's like bowling bowl and plowed over the Jags on almost every play he ran the ball. Not mpressed with Central[/b].

[b]HF and Central both scored I think 1 TD when they scrimmaged each other. Central might have had a second one against them, but HF hung with Central.[/b]

[/quote]I guess the problems with Central isnt the coaches this year.  ;)
[/quote]What problem does Central have?  It was the first scrimmage of the year.
[/quote]

One is they scared to hit or get hit. Another is they aren't executing well, which may I add is their problem almost every year. With athletes they have, Central should be vying for district title every year. Major problems in secondary. I know one BH TD where a corner back never lined up on the WR. You have a QB that has no arm and doesn't read the defense well. The QB doesn't seem to understand how to run the option, when he pitching the ball before any defenders are around him. Not much depth on ya'lls line either from what I saw. Ya'lls kicker was good though. ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250734" timestamp="1345863241"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Central QB didn't want no part of getting hit. One drive for Central I started laughing because BH was swarming and it made it 3rd and long. Central QB threw about a 15 yard pass and skipped it off the turf 4 yards and the WR caught it in his hands. The officials gave them a 1st down. Must have been replacement refs or something. ;D
[/quote]Smart kid.  Why risk injury on a meaningless scrimmage when the season kicks off next week?  Way to stay healthy, kid.  We'll be leaning on you this year. 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250770" timestamp="1345864451"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250764#msg1250764 date=1345864269]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102005.msg1250754#msg1250754 date=1345863997]

[/quote]
[/quote]
That was the freshmen team. Heck we had like 70 kids and HF had more then Central also. Don't understand the low turnout?

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250780" timestamp="1345864899"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102005.msg1250770#msg1250770 date=1345864451]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250764#msg1250764 date=1345864269]

[/quote]
[/quote]
That was the freshmen team. Heck we had like 70 kids and [b]HF had more then Central also[/b]. Don't understand the low turnout?
[/quote]lol your joking right?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250789" timestamp="1345865238"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250780#msg1250780 date=1345864899]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102005.msg1250770#msg1250770 date=1345864451]

[/quote]
[/quote]
That was the freshmen team. Heck we had like 70 kids and [b]HF had more then Central also[/b]. Don't understand the low turnout?
[/quote]lol your joking right?
[/quote]
I counted Central's kids, but HF looked to have about 45 kids. Now that was the FRESHMEN team, but it boast well for the future of Jaguar football.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250764" timestamp="1345864269"]

[/quote]
[/quote]Nah.  I'll take my chances and go watch my team.  Too bad you have to actually line and and play the game to be awarded the winner of an actual game, ynot a practice).  But with a team like BH, you'll take any moral victory you can.  If it makes you sleep better, beat your chest on this.  It still won't change the record books that you have yet to beat a Beaumont Team.  It's 0-2.  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250794" timestamp="1345865410"]

[/quote]
[/quote]Nah.  I'll take my chances and go watch my team.  Too bad you have to actually line and and play the game to be awarded the winner of an actual game, ynot a practice).  But with a team like BH, you'll take any moral victory you can.  If it makes you sleep better, beat your chest on this.  [b]It still won't change the record books that you have yet to beat a Beaumont Team.  It's 0-2. [/b]  ;)
[/quote]*punch to the gut*

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250794" timestamp="1345865410"]

[/quote]
[/quote]Nah.  I'll take my chances and go watch my team.  Too bad you have to actually line and and play the game to be awarded the winner of an actual game, ynot a practice).  But with a team like BH, you'll take any moral victory you can.  If it makes you sleep better, beat your chest on this.  It still won't change the record books that you have yet to beat a Beaumont Team.  It's 0-2.  ;)
[/quote]

I'm not beaing my chest at all. Just speaking the truth. I know it's a hard one to swallow thinking the Jags were going to do great in a practice and all. Central hasn't beat a HF team ever. Oh ya'll tied in a practice.  ;D

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1250780" timestamp="1345864899"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
That was the freshmen team. Heck we had like 70 kids and HF had more then Central also. Don't understand the low turnout?
[/quote]Now you resort to making fun of the Freshman turnout as well for a moral victory?  You people, I sware.  lol

I admit i didn't do well keeping track of scores because of all the team swapping every quarter......what a mess. 

Anyway, I think BH scored 4 times combined.  Central had one score against BH and I don't recall HF scoring against BH.  HF actually looked good against Central in the opening quarter, but lost their momentum after the quarter swap.  HF has a good QB and RB and looks to have good size for a 3A team.  I think they may surprise some folks this year (aka WOS).

BH did dominate the scrimmage against both teams.  The defense looked pretty good.  The offense had it's moments, but they kept swapping QB's after each quarter so not easy to get a feel for what a real game might look like on offense.  The RB's for BH looked pretty good, one runs well downhill and the other is more shifty with a mix of power.  Hard to tell when the competition is weak, but not an overall flop.........and certainly better than Nederland or the two tonight. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1250804" timestamp="1345865732"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102005.msg1250780#msg1250780 date=1345864899]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Now you resort to making fun of the Freshman turnout as well for a moral victory?  You people, I sware.  lol
[/quote]
I'm not making fun of the Freshmen. I didn't understand why ya'll had low number of players. You mad? ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont