Tiger stadium

[quote name="speveto" post="1248112" timestamp="1345565038"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=101838.msg1248101#msg1248101 date=1345563255]
Just wondering will Silsbee ever have turf and a jumbo tron at tiger stadium
[/quote]Ask Aggy.
[/quote]

I don't know but if Lumberton were to install turf and a Jumbotron, you can bank on that Silsbee will follow suit!

I could care less about a jumbotron.

Turf would be nice particularly how the field conditions at Tiger Stadium has been over the past few years. It gives you a lot of options, playoff games, etc.

Tiger Stadium field condition is very good, did a lot of work on it this past year. But one monsoon and a game played in it would destroy it for another year.

Silsbee was to get turf a few years ago. Had a cost study done and had a company come out and measure for turf. But then some other financial issues came up in the district and it had to be shelved for the time being.

Now just waiting on a rich donor to buy it for us. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1248128" timestamp="1345568261"]

Turf would be nice particularly how the field conditions at Tiger Stadium has been over the past few years. It gives you a lot of options, playoff games, etc.

Tiger Stadium field condition is very good, did a lot of work on it this past year. But one monsoon and a game played in it would destroy it for another year.

Silsbee was to get turf a few years ago. Had a cost study done and had a company come out and measure for turf. But then some other financial issues came up in the district and it had to be shelved for the time being.

[/quote]

That would be a great addition to an already nice stadium.  Should draw some of the East Texas playoff games as well.  Not to mention that freaking Butch Stadium is COLD when the north wind blows. 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1248137" timestamp="1345568934"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101838.msg1248128#msg1248128 date=1345568261]

[/quote]

That would be a great addition to an already nice stadium.  Should draw some of the East Texas playoff games as well.  Not to mention that freaking Butch Stadium is COLD when the north wind blows.
[/quote]That's t he wind blowing because BH usualy 'sucks'.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1248152" timestamp="1345570502"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101838.msg1248137#msg1248137 date=1345568934]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101838.msg1248128#msg1248128 date=1345568261]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's t he wind blowing because BH usualy 'sucks'.
[/quote] :D lol

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1248152" timestamp="1345570502"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=101838.msg1248137#msg1248137 date=1345568934]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's t he wind blowing because [b]BH usualy 'sucks'.[/b]
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1248426" timestamp="1345601009"]
First of all, I declare this the year of the Smack Talk, it's already starting to roll. That being said, I heard that Silsbilly looked at their tax base and decided to put up an economy jumbtron, heard it was going to be a 23 inch computer monitor duct taped to the top of their score board.  8) :o ::) ;D
[/quote]LMMfAO!!!  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1248459" timestamp="1345606310"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=101838.msg1248454#msg1248454 date=1345605619]
The closest thing Silsbee will get to a jumbotron is the homecoming queen standing in the endzone. ;D
[/quote] :o
[/quote]
I thought it was funny, but heck Buddy atleast give me a courtesy laugh. Come on, picture a big gal with a cow bell around her neck doing a line dance in the endzone. ;D ;D ;D AKA the Jumbotron lol

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1248461" timestamp="1345606669"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101838.msg1248459#msg1248459 date=1345606310]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=101838.msg1248454#msg1248454 date=1345605619]
The closest thing Silsbee will get to a jumbotron is the homecoming queen standing in the endzone. ;D
[/quote] :o
[/quote]
I thought it was funny, but heck Buddy atleast give me a courtesy laugh. Come on, picture a big gal with a cow bell around her neck doing a line dance in the endzone. ;D ;D ;D AKA the Jumbotron lol
[/quote]The Big Barbie Doll at the Barbie's Hill Ant Mound party better.  ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1248454" timestamp="1345605619"]
[/quote]

Look out!  You've opened the season early on Barbie's Humps.  Be ready. 8)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1248512" timestamp="1345636906"]
[/quote]

Look out!  You've opened the season early on Barbie's Humps.  Be ready. 8)
[/quote]

It's all in good fun, Silsbee folks I'm just picking. It's entertainment, I welcome it. I think it's funny what people come up with.

From what I understand, a jumtron could cost in the ballpark of 15-30k for a LED style one. I think if every graduate from Silsbee high donated 20 bucks we could have a nice one. I'm not sure about the up keep of those things though. If local business in SETX wanted to advertise on it, you could charge them maybe 300 per season. Get 10-15 companies to advertise and there you go. Could help pay it off as well.

Tiger Stadium does not need a "jumbotron". Frivolous. Rather see that money spent on necessary needs.

Besides, if you get a "jumbotron", you would want to use it to it's maximum capabilities and that would involve having a minimum of 3-5 people operating it, maybe more.

Take it from me (a person that is in the press box at every home game), Silsbee has trouble getting someone to run the scoreboard on a regular basis and also there is really no room in the press box for a crew to run the "tron".

Turf? Yes. Jumbotron? NO!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298