2012 Kountze Lions Team Preview

[center][img]http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/New2012/Kountze.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][b][u][i]KOUNTZE LIONS[/i][/u][/B][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=12pt]2011 Record: 3-7 Overall, 1-6 District (7th Place in District 10-2A-I)[/center]

[size=12pt]What started as a season of enthusiam with a new head coach at the helm ended in pretty much the same manner in 2011 for the Kountze Lions and the playoff drought since 1973 continued.  2012 will bring renewed hope as again the Lions have a change at the top as wildly popular coach Tracy Franklin will take over as the Kountze head coach.  Coach Franklin will have to build a 10-2A-I playoff contender from a young squad as only eight starters return.  But it is the infusion of new faces both on the field and on the sidelines that has hopes high in Hardin County once again.

[b][u][size=14pt]Coaching Staff[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Head Coach: Tracy Franklin[/b]
Coaching Record:  1st year at Kountze, 14-15 overall

[b][u][size=14pt]Stadium Information*[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Home Stadium: Lion Stadium[/b]
Address: 1488 FM 1293 Rd., Kountze, Texas 77625
Capacity: 2500
Playing surface: Natural

[b][u][size=14pt]2011 Results[/u][/b]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Score[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Hull-Daisetta[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]41-14[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Tarkington[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]50-20[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]West Hardin[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]12-26[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Hardin#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]34-48[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Anahuac#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]6-49[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Warren#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]40-32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Buna#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]6-42[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]East Chambers#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]6-35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Woodville#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]0-32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Newton#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]18-69[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[size=12pt]# - District games

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Offense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Offense: Pro
Returning starters: 3[/b]

Coach Franklin will have a young offense to mold as his own as only three starters return from last year.  Returning to run the offense will be quarterback Kole Williams (18-32, 250 yd in 2011).  But if Williams falters, look for sophomore Justin Harper to be the starter. Senior running back Ernest Hafford (2nd team all district in 2011) and junior running back Eric Brisco will share the Lion running load.  Senior Darrion Harper will lead a Kountze receiver corp which will also senior receivers Xavier Scott and Alex Orset, as well as tight end Bradley Peters.  The offensive line will included Taylor Smith, James Bottley, Michael Gandy and Devin Sangwin.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Defense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Defense: 4-3
Returning starters: 5[/b]

Kountze returns five starters from the 2011 Lion defense.  Demy Wright and Rowdy Teel will lead a front line which will also include lineman Jeremy Hughes and Isaiah Owens.  Linebacker Kelon Jones will be the heart of the Lion defense and will be joined by fellow 'backer Ashton Whittle.  Senior cornerback Tanner Malone and safeties Blake Best and Tyler Brown will man the Kountze secondary.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Special Teams[/u][/b][/size]

Sophomore Austin Marshall will be handling the kicking duties for Kountze.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Key Games[/u][/b][/size]

The Lions will begin the 2012 season by hosting Shepherd on August 31st.  10-2A-I play begins on September 28th as Kountze visits Hardin.  Anahuac comes to town to close the 2012 season on November 9th.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Schedule[/u][/b][/size]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Date[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Time[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Aug. 31[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Shepherd[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 7[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Hull-Daisetta[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 14[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Trinity[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 21[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]OPEN[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Sept. 28[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Hardin#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 5[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Woodville#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 12[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Warren#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 19[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Newton#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Oct. 26[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at East Chambers#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 2[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Kirbyville#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Nov. 9[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]Anahuac#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr][/table]
[size=12pt]#-District Games

*Source: Texas Stadium Database - http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=886
[/quote]
Helmets Courtesy of: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

Guest kountzemania
From what I here kountz has atleast two new coaches. Both of these coaches have NFL playing experience. I think with the addition of these guys and then add Coach Franklinto the mix along with Coach Harper who was D-1 player for Nebraska, I think you got a great coaching core. As far as talent goes, there are kids in the district that are new to the district that folks are not aware of and they will be big impact players. As far as Quarter back goes I would look it to be Sophomore  Justin Harper all the way for 2012 through 2014. KOUNTZE WILL BE THE SUNRISE IN THE DISTRICT THIS YEAR.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami