WOS QB

I doubt you take a one and a half year starter and replace him when he is going to his senior year and can really draw on that experience. I have seen to many QB's make a big leap in play from their JR to SR years. Now there could be some situations where you bring in Rutledge for some different formations, but Salter is the starter.

Salter will start, but salter is also one oof the teams best cornerbacks, he was actually going to start over Utep signee Dacarlos Renfro at corner his sophomore year, but as we all know with the passing of Reggie Garrett (God Rest His Soul) Jimmy had to play QB..

Also Jimmy has been working hard this summer I expect a huge season from him

Two QB`S.  Wow, thats like having Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow on the same team.  Last year Chase Rutledge was "SCARY GOOD".  Jimmy Salter is undefeated in district the last two years.  And the problems just get bigger and bigger for "THE TEAMS"  that WOS will play this year.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="speveto" post="1233109" timestamp="1340874692"]
Two QB`S.  Wow, thats like having Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow on the same team.  Last year Chase Rutledge was "SCARY GOOD".  Jimmy Salter is undefeated in district the last two years.  And the problems just get bigger and bigger for "THE TEAMS"  that WOS will play this year.
[/quote]

Thank you, "Spev."  Finally a post without any reference to Silsbee. ;D

I would suspect there will be some times when they will utilize Chase Rutledges ability in the pocket. Getting Jimmy the ball in some one on one situations can't be a bad thing, but ultimately Salter will run the offense. I would expect to see WOS move to more of a spread passing attack next year. Gotta utilize the talent you have each year.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1233303" timestamp="1340931843"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=100746.msg1233099#msg1233099 date=1340851931]
Is Salter getting any looks from colleges?
[/quote]

Mcneese, Midwestern State, West Texas A&M,
[/quote]

Good schools. McNeese sounds like the best choice though.

IDK. Last playoff game ya'll were begging him not to throw the ball. I hear he was very good in district, but what about stiff competion? Is he a potential state champion qb? Can he florish in the spread O against very good teams or did he just have an off night? Hope the best for WOS and hopefully see ya'll again in the reg. Finals

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="speveto" post="1233109" timestamp="1340874692"]
Two QB`S.  Wow, thats like having Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow on the same team.  Last year Chase Rutledge was [color=blue]SCARY GOOD".  [/color] "Jimmy Salter is undefeated in district the last two years.  And the problems just get bigger and bigger for "THE TEAMS"  that WOS will play this year.
[/quote]

Please define Scary Good?? Certainly agree potential is there, but Salter is a proven winner. Biggest concern has to be replacing Lindsey. Stangs need a big time playoff run this year,(cupboard gets thin after this class graduates) loaded with Senior talent that has been playing at a really high level for several years. Defense will be ridiculously good and faster than any opposing coach could dream of. If they find a running back it could be ugly for the opposition.

Rake1

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1236462" timestamp="1342488934"]
i got WO-S playing in State, not versus Stephenville either  ;)
[/quote]

WOS wouldn't play Stephenville in the championship game anyways. WOS will be DII, Stephenville will be DI.

Scooter, I thought you was a football guy? You should know these things.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1236492" timestamp="1342492327"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=100746.msg1236462#msg1236462 date=1342488934]
[/quote]let me guess.  Brownwood?
[/quote]you know me too well sir  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1236491" timestamp="1342492171"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=100746.msg1236462#msg1236462 date=1342488934]
[/quote]

WOS wouldn't play Stephenville in the championship game anyways. WOS will be DII, Stephenville will be DI.

Scooter, I thought you was a football guy? You should know these things.
[/quote] i dont pay attention to Stephenville.  :D Brownwood will beat them this year

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1236499" timestamp="1342493439"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100746.msg1236492#msg1236492 date=1342492327]
[/quote]

Brownwood wouldn't play WOS neither. Brownwood will be DI while WOS will be DII.

Scooter, your lack of knowledge on this subject is disturbing.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1236520" timestamp="1342497203"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=100746.msg1236499#msg1236499 date=1342493439]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100746.msg1236492#msg1236492 date=1342492327]
[/quote]

Brownwood wouldn't play WOS neither. Brownwood will be DI while WOS will be DII.

[/quote]you do know they're other teams in they district right?? i know what im saying.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1236523" timestamp="1342498021"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100746.msg1236520#msg1236520 date=1342497203]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=100746.msg1236499#msg1236499 date=1342493439]
[/quote]

[/quote]you do know they're other teams in they district right?? i know what im saying.  ;)
[/quote]

Yes, I know that Lampasas and Burnet have larger enrollments than Brownwood in 8-3A, but I don't see either of them making the playoffs. It will be Liberty Hill, Brownwood and Gatesville, therefore sending Brownwood to DI.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics