Kyle Lowry wants out of Houston.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1227646" timestamp="1338493780"]
They play professional basketball in Houston?
[/quote]
Unlike other so called pro teams in Houston, the Rockets have a few championships. But I do understand your comment.

As a lifelong Rocket's fan, I love Lowry but he needs to go. His attitude last year wasn't great and he isn't what we need. I say resign Gogi and package Lowry and Martin for something on draft night that will bring us something to be proud of. The was this roster is built right now will never amount to anything more than a 6th or 7th seed. It's time to shake things up.

Lowry to Portland?

By Blazin' in NE

Let me start by saying I love Andre Drummond. Not for his potential as a future Trail Blazer, but for his potential that has other Center-starved teams intrigued and willing to gamble. Unless a team drafting in front of Portland suddenly gets a crush on him and can't pass up the "elite potential" in Drummond, then he's tee'd up perfect for Portland at #6. Which means Portland should be establishing the value of Drummond around the league. What's fantastic is that Drummond is going to serve as a bargining chip without the Blazers ever needing to draft him!

Now onto how this relates to my topic. It's no secret trouble is brewing in Houston at the PG spot. Lowry has voiced his displeasure with the current situation, and it's valid. The team has two starting-caliber PGs, but not enough minutes for both. Has he pouted a little in the media? Sure. Did he battle some injuries this season? Yeah. But for an easily recoverable sports hernia. Make no mistake though, this guy can flat out ball, and plays both ends of the floor. He's 26, which is the comparable age the Blazers have been wanting in their PGOF to pair next to Aldridge. And the "head case" issue I strongly feel will go away, if he's in a situation where the starting position is his, and not having to look over his shoulder.

It's also no secret that the Blazers covet Dragic. So does Houston, to the point they want to lock him up long term. That can't make Lowry happy. So if you're the Rockets, what do you do? You find the best package in a deal you don't have great leverage in, as you plan to sign your incumbent starter's back up to a long term, starter salary. How do the Blazers fit in? Olshey gets on the horn to Morey and says, "Do you want to get into a bidding war this summer for Dragic and have us make you overpay for him to stay in Houston? OR do you want to take us, (your biggest competition for him), out of the race altogether? Wait, what's that you say, Morey? You guys are also in the market for a center? What, you'd like a shot at the best center prospect in this year's draft? So, you need a center, and you need to unload an uncomfortable PG situation, AND you want to resign Dragic without competing with us? Well, I think we have a deal!"

#6, #40, #41 for Kyle Lowry and #14.

The Rockets draft Drummond, and pave a smooth path to keeping Dragic.

The Blazers get a great, young talent at the PG spot, who is only on the books for approx $6 million for the next 2 seasons. Very affordable, which Uncle Paul has stated is a priority. Plus you still have a ton of options with #11 and #14. Trade down or move up by packaging those with Crawford? Or use those picks on some combination of Leonard/Zeller/Sullinger/Waiters/Lamb/Rivers/Ross/Marshall/PJ3.

Houston is the perfect patsy for us to steal this draft, and Andre Drummond is the lynchpin to make it all happen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder