Will the Kirbyville Wildcats be better this year?

I think its funny that newton got thier butts handed to them with nothing positive reported and its just a scrimmage...but let kville have a few bad plays and your ready to laugh their season off.....i know one was silsbee and other was deweyville and they are not compareable but this is eagle fan!  You know that 2 and 8 kville team u have been laughin at since last year...look at thier scrimmage stats last year vs same silsbee team??? 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1247074" timestamp="1345337610"]
I think its funny that newton got thier butts handed to them with nothing positive reported and its just a scrimmage...but let kville have a few bad plays and your ready to laugh their season off.....i know one was silsbee and other was deweyville and they are not compareable but this is eagle fan!  You know that 2 and 8 kville team u have been laughin at since last year...look at thier scrimmage stats last year vs same silsbee team???
[/quote] I know right...I got a feelin its gonna be some disappointed eagle fans. Will Newton live up to the hype? Its yet to be seen or wittnessed.

We can compare years past all you guys want to, including Kirbyville has no state championships and Newton has 3. Newton owns a hefty lead over Kirbyville in all time head to head games. And this is this year and that was last year. It still ain't going to change the fact that Kirbyville has got to improve drastically to have any kind of chance at competing even dropping down to 2A. I think it will take more than a new defense and DC to help. Newton is Newton. As I've said already, Newton has lived up to rankings in the past and has not come close to living up to them in the past. But we start in a lot better place this year than Kirbyville. And one more time, scrimmages can't be won or lost and count for zip, including allowing Deweyville to score on Kirbyville's 1st team defense. Which I simply find extremely funny because of all the "we gonna dominate the district with a new defense and DC" talk. Time Kirbyville plays Newton I bet both teams will look totally different than their current form and could be for the better or could be for the worse. Long time until then and too many variables. Now there is some realistic talk for you, not crazy pie in the sky BS.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1247094" timestamp="1345339262"]
We can compare years past all you guys want to, including Kirbyville has no state championships and Newton has 3. Newton owns a hefty lead over Kirbyville in all time head to head games. And this is this year and that was last year. It still ain't going to change the fact that Kirbyville has got to improve drastically to have any kind of chance at competing even dropping down to 2A. I think it will take more than a new defense and DC to help. Newton is Newton. As I've said already, Newton has lived up to rankings in the past and has not come close to living up to them in the past. But we start in a lot better place this year than Kirbyville. And one more time, scrimmages can't be won or lost and count for zip, including allowing Deweyville to score on Kirbyville's 1st team defense. Which I simply find extremely funny because of all the "we gonna dominate the district with a new defense and DC" talk. Time Kirbyville plays Newton I bet both teams will look totally different than their current form and could be for the better or could be for the worse. Long time until then and too many variables. Now there is some realistic talk for you, not crazy pie in the sky BS.
[/quote] You guys have no depth from what i saw! You better pray that none of the key players get injured or else its gonna be a long season for the Eagles. Kirbyville have a huge offensive line compared to Newton with Quinton Jacko and Keandre Haywood in the backfield running the ball this year. Our backs are much better than what i seen at the Newton vs. Silsbee scrimmage.

We've won a 3A state title with an offensive line that averaged about 170lbs and the same for the defensive line. Has Kirbyville? Oh wait, ya'll don't have any state titles in any class, right. Big don't mean better every time. And last time I checked, you can't play but 11 at a time. Anything else I can straighten out for you?

This is my first time on the board for this season..... Glad to see somethings never change. Evidently its already been decided. After all the time he has been given, all of the practices, chalk board and film time. Our new DC has already failed! Pack it up. Call off the season. All is lost. Man what was Neese thinking? Newton called it first. Lets just start Bball practice.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1247104" timestamp="1345340039"]
We've won a 3A state title with an offensive line that averaged about 170lbs and the same for the defensive line. Has Kirbyville? Oh wait, ya'll don't have any state titles in any class, right. Big don't mean better every time. And last time I checked, you can't play but 11 at a time. Anything else I can straighten out for you?
[/quote] Cant wait to see Jacko and Haywood pound your Eagles...oh lots of crow to be served :)

[quote name="kville68" post="1247107" timestamp="1345340232"]
This is my first time on the board for this season..... Glad to see somethings never change. Evidently its already been decided. After all the time he has been given, all of the practices, chalk board and film time. Our new DC has already failed! Pack it up. Call off the season. All is lost. Man what was Neese thinking? Newton called it first. Lets just start Bball practice.
[/quote] LOOOOOOOL...

[quote name="kville68" post="1247107" timestamp="1345340232"]
[/quote]
Finally, someone from Kirbyville showing some sense! :o

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1247114" timestamp="1345340617"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=100006.msg1247107#msg1247107 date=1345340232]
[/quote]
Finally, someone from Kirbyville showing some sense! :o
[/quote] He's being sarcastic my friend. Hey ChampionEagles, are you gonna buy me a good 'ol turkey leg from yall booth while i watch Kirbyville pluck them Eagles?

[quote name="kville68" post="1247122" timestamp="1345341127"]
It's good to see some famliar faces! Tip my hat to Mr. Garrity and Cats, even to Champion who is normaly a pretty good guy. Some body has obviously been sniffing the purple paint!
[/quote]What up! Havent seen you on in a while.

[quote name="kville68" post="1247121" timestamp="1345340939"]
After all, any DC that cant re-establish a championship level deffense by the second week of practice needs to hang it up.  ;D
[/quote] LMAO...ChampionEagles, saying there's absolutely no talent here in Kirbyville this year. If Kirbyville mess around and thump Newton this year, its gonna tickle the heck out of me considering we basically suppose to be "garbage" this year...smh

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1247123" timestamp="1345341189"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=100006.msg1247122#msg1247122 date=1345341127]
It's good to see some famliar faces! Tip my hat to Mr. Garrity and Cats, even to Champion who is normaly a pretty good guy. Some body has obviously been sniffing the purple paint!
[/quote]What up! Havent seen you on in a while.
[/quote]

Been busy. But I miss the "good hearted, spirited nature of the local experts" too much to stay away. Good to hear from you too WOS.

I will say, I was disappointed in what I saw from Newton Friday night. I was expecting a much better performance. But, what I saw from Kirbyville today wasn't any better.

Newton obviously scrimmaged a much better team (Silsbee) than what Kirbyville scrimmaged (Deweyville & HF).

Like I stated before, maybe Silsbee is just better than I thought they would be and would most likely put the same result had they scrimmaged Kirbyville.

I think Kirbyville will be better than last year (pretty bad last year) but that's not saying much and not sure it will be enough improvement to beat Newton and for sure not enough to go undefeated in district.

Already counting my $100 I will collect from kvillecats. ;) ;D

[quote name="kville68" post="1247130" timestamp="1345341659"]
Buddy.... Who are you putting you considerable stamp of approval on this year? I know you will be politicing for some team out there?????
[/quote]as far as a legit chance of winning state? Out of all the teams in the area it would have to be WOS if i had to pick one. They return alot on D and thats their staple. With Salter back and a legit back-up (who could start anywhere else but WOS & Silsbee at this moment) I think they have a serious chance. Barring injuries that would be my pick.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1247131" timestamp="1345341696"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=100006.msg1246870#msg1246870 date=1345310750]
We will know next week when E.C plays Silsbee how good Newton is.
[/quote]

Yes, that will be somewhat of a good measuring stick to compare for EC and Newton
[/quote] Stop Roberts and they are done!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics