Will the Kirbyville Wildcats be better this year?

You wanna hear cocky? Kirbyville has been to the state title game twice, winning neither. Repeat, two trips - no wins. Newton has been there four times, winning three. Check the granite statues in front of the stadium in Newton. Repeat, four trips - three wins. Is that blank space on Hwy96 in front of the school where ya'll store your state losses? I saw Kirbyville's varsity and jr. varsity last year and there is little talent to build anything on. You cannot win with one good linebacker on defense and one running back on offense. And saying how good Kirbyville looks in practice is hysterically funny. They should "look good" against themselves.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1244995" timestamp="1344985928"]
You wanna hear cocky? Kirbyville has been to the state title game twice, winning neither. Repeat, two trips - no wins. Newton has been there four times, winning three. Check the granite statues in front of the stadium in Newton. Repeat, four trips - three wins. Is that blank space on Hwy96 in front of the school where ya'll store your state losses? I saw Kirbyville's varsity and jr. varsity last year and there is little talent to build anything on. You cannot win with one good linebacker on defense and one running back on offense. And saying how good Kirbyville looks in practice is hysterically funny. They should "look good" against themselves.
[/quote] You keep saying we didn't have no talent on our underclass men teams, you won't hear the end of it when them boy whoop Newton A$$

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1245053" timestamp="1344993591"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=100006.msg1244995#msg1244995 date=1344985928]
[/quote] You keep saying we didn't have no talent on our underclass men teams, you won't hear the end of it when them boy whoop Newton A$$
[/quote]

I was at the Newton/Kirbyville JV game last year when Newton started playing the second string players at the beginning of the second quarter. This is not fantasy, but reality. I saw very little talent that you continue to assure everyone is there. Kirbyville has 112 more students in high school than Newton and should be able to dominate us. Ain't happening! Those kids for Newton were also freshmen and sophomores and some of those are moving up to varsity this year. Gonna take more than a new defense to help Kirbyville. :o

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1244995" timestamp="1344985928"]
[/quote]

Now u know im pretty honest about my kats and im just saying they lookin better than expected.  Im not predicting crazy thing here ok! Just after last year im glad to see much improvement in. the right direction.

Yes your correct i bet it is nice to drive by your sign out front and enjoy the list of newtons accomplishments im sure your grandfathers grandfathers grandfather enjoyed it too cause thats how long most of its been there.  Just sayin if the paints been painted over more times than your team has cheerleaders it might be time to let that go.  There might not be as much writing on the kirbyville sign but remember two things....one that paint is still fresh and two..the cats are getting ready for you!!!!

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1245064" timestamp="1344994157"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=100006.msg1245053#msg1245053 date=1344993591]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=100006.msg1244995#msg1244995 date=1344985928]
[/quote]

I was at the Newton/Kirbyville JV game last year when Newton started playing the second string players at the beginning of the second quarter. This is not fantasy, but reality. I saw very little talent that you continue to assure everyone is there. Kirbyville has 112 more students in high school than Newton and should be able to dominate us. Ain't happening! Those kids for Newton were also freshmen and sophomores and some of those are moving up to varsity this year. Gonna take more than a new defense to help Kirbyville. :o
[/quote] They gonna dominate in district, if I'm WRONG then I'll be man enough to eat that crow being served.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1245066" timestamp="1344994907"]
[/quote]

Now u know im pretty honest about my kats and im just saying they lookin better than expected.  Im not predicting crazy thing here ok! Just after last year im glad to see much improvement in. the right direction.

Yes your correct i bet it is nice to drive by your sign out front and enjoy the list of newtons accomplishments im sure your grandfathers grandfathers grandfather enjoyed it too cause thats how long most of its been there.  Just sayin if the paints been painted over more times than your team has cheerleaders it might be time to let that go.  There might not be as much writing on the kirbyville sign but remember two things....one that paint is still fresh and two..the cats are getting ready for you!!!!
[/quote]
Fresh paint on getting beat means nothing against the last state champion trophy from this area in any class. I'm glad ya'll are getting all hyped up. No problem there. Talking like Kirbyville has always been dominant and the big dog on the block is crazy. Had a couple good years. Ok. But history tells a different story on being the best year in and year out.

And I haven't been saying anything about Newton gonna be world beaters this year. They have some talent returning and moving up from JV, but in my mind they have got to step it up in attitude and want to to get all that talent can achieve. Saying that, I still don't think Kirbyville will be anywhere close to where they once were. And most assuredly will not be dominant in this district.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1245237" timestamp="1345045829"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100006.msg1245066#msg1245066 date=1344994907]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Fresh paint on getting beat means nothing against the last state champion trophy from this area in any class. I'm glad ya'll are getting all hyped up. No problem there. Talking like Kirbyville has always been dominant and the big dog on the block is crazy. Had a couple good years. Ok. But history tells a different story on being the best year in and year out.
[/quote]

You are correct....talking like kville has been dominate and always is not correct and wasnt me.  Thats as far from the truth as there is.  Im just glad kville is headed in right direction again and want both to head south and shut them south schools down.  Kvilke and newton should be dominating them..

rykerx144 you know mine and your little jabs at one another do not carry anything but friendly competitive shots at rivals. Your comments in no way bother me. Some of the unrealistic comments made by others from Kirbyville are just plain silly and bring forth the SA in me to answer them with realistic comments, maybe with a little edge to them. Agreed that Kirbyville should be better this year than last. And that is good. Claiming to be so good and going to dominate in 2A is crazy in my opinion based on what I saw last year. I saw the varsity play twice, once in the playoffs, and the jr. varsity and there was no swagger and each appeared to be confused with responsibilities on both sides of the ball at times. That swagger comes from confidence and I think Newton has lost some of it as well. Let's hope both the Eagles and the Kats can regain it and see how far it can take us. :)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1245304" timestamp="1345054823"]
rykerx144 you know mine and your little jabs at one another do not carry anything but friendly competitive shots at rivals. Your comments in no way bother me. Some of the unrealistic comments made by others from Kirbyville are just plain silly and bring forth the SA in me to answer them with realistic comments, maybe with a little edge to them. Agreed that Kirbyville should be better this year than last. And that is good. Claiming to be so good and going to dominate in 2A is crazy in my opinion based on what I saw last year. I saw the varsity play twice, once in the playoffs, and the jr. varsity and there was no swagger and each appeared to be confused with responsibilities on both sides of the ball at times. That swagger comes from confidence and I think Newton has lost some of it as well. Let's hope both the Eagles and the Kats can regain it and see how far it can take us. :)
[/quote] Eaglefan01, i know you referring this message to me. Like i said Kirbyville gonna be much better than you think. I logged onto this site last week for the first time in a while and i be darn i seen all this nonsense about we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. If Newton played the non district schedule we had last year, they wouldn't won NONE of those games and you know it! Yes we lost some swagg last year, but we talking about 2A now where the numbers certainly make a difference. According to Dave Campbell, Newton picked to win district along with Kirbyville being 2nd, but its not a "GIVE ME" for either team. Both school gonna have to prove they selves and i can promise you that Kirbyville will be much tougher this year regardless of what you saw last year.

First of all, I ain't EagleFan01, another mistake by you. And yes a lot of the silly things I saw posted were from you. No way can you say anything about the cats right now and how "good" they look. I don't care who you are. It's the beginning of practice and any good team and good coaches will not look like they will look during the year. You have nothing to judge them against. Saying a different defense gonna be the all cure that Kirbyville needed is in itself telling of limited understanding of kids and high school football. Any defense is subject to the kids understanding how to play it and their responsibilities as well as being called at the correct time against the correct offensive scheme. Just because a team uses it doesn't mean it is gonna be good. Furthermore Dave Campbell's rankings mean squat. Newton has been a dominant force over the years(historically a LOT longer than Kirbyville) and have been ranked very high and not met the expectations at times and have surpassed projections in other years. Kirbyville should be better this year than last, but that ain't saying much because they were horrible last year. Just dropping to 2A is not guaranteeing the program is going to return to the prominence it once had. Kirbyville has a lot of work to do to get there.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1245340" timestamp="1345061079"]
First of all, I ain't EagleFan01, another mistake by you. And yes a lot of the silly things I saw posted were from you. No way can you say anything about the cats right now and how "good" they look. I don't care who you are. It's the beginning of practice and any good team and good coaches will not look like they will look during the year. You have nothing to judge them against. Saying a different defense gonna be the all cure that Kirbyville needed is in itself telling of limited understanding of kids and high school football. Any defense is subject to the kids understanding how to play it and their responsibilities as well as being called at the correct time against the correct offensive scheme. Just because a team uses it doesn't mean it is gonna be good. Furthermore Dave Campbell's rankings mean squat. Newton has been a dominant force over the years(historically a LOT longer than Kirbyville) and have been ranked very high and not met the expectations at times and have surpassed projections in other years. Kirbyville should be better this year than last, but that ain't saying much because they were horrible last year. Just dropping to 2A is not guaranteeing the program is going to return to the prominence it once had. Kirbyville has a lot of work to do to get there.
[/quote] LOOOOL.....you are in for a rude of awakening!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1245325" timestamp="1345058900"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=100006.msg1245304#msg1245304 date=1345054823]
[/quote] Eaglefan01, i know you referring this message to me. Like i said Kirbyville gonna be much better than you think. I logged onto this site last week for the first time in a while and i be darn i seen all this nonsense about we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. If Newton played the non district schedule we had last year, they wouldn't won NONE of those games and you know it! Yes we lost some swagg last year, but we talking about 2A now where the numbers certainly make a difference. According to Dave Campbell, Newton picked to win district along with Kirbyville being 2nd, but its not a "GIVE ME" for either team. Both school gonna have to prove they selves and i can promise you that Kirbyville will be much tougher this year regardless of what you saw last year.
[/quote]

Cats, are you IN school, OUT OF school, or YET TO GO TO SCHOOL?  The reason I ask is that if you don't make it in athletics then you will have to make it on academics.  That seems a daunting prospect at this point.

Oh yeah ChampionEagle, since you wanna bring up the past...you guys were horrible the year before last when yall came to Kirbyville and got routed 46-6. If it wasn't for WT returning to replace the "Legendary" Coach Barbay this wouldnt be a discussion! You can sleep on Kirbyville last year performance if u want, but i know we will be much better this year regardless of what you are saying. I have alot of respect for yall program, but Newton wont win this district with "ease" like some of yall are saying. I watched you guys last year and yall offensive play calling is suspect and of course the defense gonna be good on the account of Coach WT Johnson.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1245374" timestamp="1345065105"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=100006.msg1245325#msg1245325 date=1345058900]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=100006.msg1245304#msg1245304 date=1345054823]
[/quote]

Cats, are you IN school, OUT OF school, or YET TO GO TO SCHOOL?  The reason I ask is that if you don't make it in athletics then you will have to make it on academics.  That seems a daunting prospect at this point.
[/quote] I'll be there this year to see Silsbee at the "Big Dance"...LOL

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1245376" timestamp="1345065379"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=100006.msg1245374#msg1245374 date=1345065105]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=100006.msg1245325#msg1245325 date=1345058900]
[/quote]

[/quote] I'll be there this year to see Silsbee at the "Big Dance"...LOL
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know what "Big Dance" you are referring to.  And, why in the world would you want to see anything Silsbee?

Tiger voice, im out of school my man! I have the same feeling about you too buddy! Hey, especially after the stuff you have posted over the years about the Wildcats and they proved you and others wrong. Oh yea, if you don't know what "Big Dance" means in terms of football then you have no business here!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1245375" timestamp="1345065285"]
Oh yeah ChampionEagle, since you wanna bring up the past...you guys were horrible the year before last when yall came to Kirbyville and got routed 46-6. If it wasn't for WT returning to replace the "Legendary" Coach Barbay this wouldnt be a discussion! You can sleep on Kirbyville last year performance if u want, but i know we will be much better this year regardless of what you are saying. I have alot of respect for yall program, but Newton wont win this district with "ease" like some of yall are saying. I watched you guys last year and yall offensive play calling is suspect and of course the defense gonna be good on the account of Coach WT Johnson.
[/quote]
Only a person with no class will insult someone who can no longer defend themselves. Coach Barbay was a legend as a coach and deserved to be referred to as such. And to be discounted by a know nothing idiot is an insult to the entire Newton program and all of Texas high school football. This goes beyond trying to make any kind of point about Kirbyville. By the way, Coach Barbay had more football knowledge in his little finger than you will ever garner the rest of your life.

ChampionEagles, first of all I wasn't being sarcastic in anyway about Coach Barbay. Second, in case you didn't know, I'm a man that's gonna speak my mind and beliefs. You guys saying there's basically no talent in Kirbyville to compete in 2A this year despite the bad season we had last year in 3A against much tougher competition. Please tell me what Allege you to believe that Newton gonna "Roll" through district?? For the records, Kirbyville freshman team is loaded with talent...don't know what you saw last year.

I've told you already. I saw the varsity play twice, once in the playoffs which was the last game played, and the jv play once. What part of no talent do you not understand? Newton's jv was playing second teamers against Kirbyville at the beginning of the second quarter. Kirbyville could not run the ball, throw the ball, or get first downs. Kirbyville could not stop Newton from running the ball, throwing the ball, and they didn't need first downs because they were scoring from deep downfield. Varsity was just as bad. Now you add the two together and it still equals no talent for the Kirbyville team and Newton should be better than last year. Better for Newton don't mean great, just better. I've not said that Newton was going to "roll" through district. I said if they play with better attitude and more want to they will be hard to beat. And it's the truth. If they don't they won't go far in the playoffs no matter what. But beating Kirbyville like a red headed step child this year is gonna happen either way Newton plays. When you put " " around legendary it is a sign of disrespect in the way you used it in the sentence. Get brighter or go home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833