Will the Kirbyville Wildcats be better this year?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kirbyville will be stronger and will give all the 2a teams problems. the numbers game favors the Wildcats and this is 2a football. remember their  last two years in 2a football that they played for state championship. jmho

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1222571" timestamp="1337127723"]
I could fix some mail boxes up & have some Newton folks transfer if need be.  ;)
[/quote]
8)....lots of young players. We have some standouts, but I'm not sure as a team how well we'll do.
WE Need a FG Kicker!! ;)

I attended the Kirbyville playoff game last year and also watched the JV and Varsity play against Newton last year. Kirbyville should be better than last year, but still a long way to go to compete even in 2A. The 2A district they have been included in has several teams that should give Kirbyville all they want and maybe a little more. Just my opinion. Welcome back to 2A! ;)

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1222646" timestamp="1337140426"]
I think Kirbyville will be stronger and will give all the 2a teams problems. the numbers game favors the Wildcats and this is 2a football. remember their  last two years in 2a football that they played for state championship. jmho
[/quote]

You are correct on the last two years..But that was the most talented team Kirbyville has put on the field...I'm a dyed in the wool Wildcat Fan,Have been for years...Newton & EC will be the top guns,Woodville could be trouble ...This is the toughest 2A district in the State...If it's not it won't miss it far...Hope the best for the Cat's,But I'm also a realist,I can see them in a possible 3rd place finish,But that will depend on what Woodville does..JMO it's High School Football and lot's of things can happen...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1222936" timestamp="1337194334"]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=100006.msg1222646#msg1222646 date=1337140426]
[/quote]

You are correct on the last two years..But that was the most talented team Kirbyville has put on the field...I'm a dyed in the wool Wildcat Fan,Have been for years...Newton & EC will be the top guns,Woodville could be trouble ...This is the toughest 2A district in the State...If it's not it won't miss it far...Hope the best for the Cat's,But I'm also a realist,I can see them in a possible 3rd place finish,But that will depend on what Woodville does..JMO it's High School Football and lot's of things can happen...
[/quote]
Toughest 2A in the state? How? District 1, 8, 9 and 13 are all tougher districts. 

[quote name="89falcon" post="1223005" timestamp="1337209791"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=100006.msg1222936#msg1222936 date=1337194334]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=100006.msg1222646#msg1222646 date=1337140426]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Toughest 2A in the state? How? District 1, 8, 9 and 13 are all tougher districts.
[/quote]

It's JUST MY OPINION....Not the gospel..lol  I'm sure you could get an arguement and a sack full of knowledge from just about any district....

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1230622" timestamp="1339701524"]
EC, Woodville, and Newton will be loaded again this year. Its gonna be tough for Kville. And yes, they have a good recent history in 2a. But this is not even close to the talent of those two teams. Should be a good race. Good luck to all teams.
[/quote]
yes it will be tough, but not just for the Kats.... some may be surprised.... :o

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1230709" timestamp="1339764527"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=100006.msg1230622#msg1230622 date=1339701524]
EC, Woodville, and Newton will be loaded again this year. Its gonna be tough for Kville. And yes, they have a good recent history in 2a. But this is not even close to the talent of those two teams. Should be a good race. Good luck to all teams.
[/quote]
yes it will be tough, but not just for the Kats.... some may be surprised.... :o
[/quote]
Yeah you're right, Hardin, Kountze, and Warren may have it tough too ;) haha

Kirbyville may be ready to play, but I didn't see a lot of talent to play last year. The JV and the varsity had kids wanting to play and that's good, but to stay competitive there's got to be a certain amount of talent mixed with the want. Kirbyville has a lot fewer talented players to put on the field than in years past. This in no way means they are gonna lay down and be a door mat and I'm not saying they will. As the year progresses I'm sure the coaching staff will have them playing better and better, but where they'll wind up in district I think is still middle of the pack. Good luck to the Cats and their fans on reentering the 2A ranks. Have a good year and prove me wrong!

Yep... JMO They seemed to improve at the end of the season and I believe that will carry over and if not this season then next the Kats should be BACK!!!....and yes reentering the 2A ranks will make a difference even in this dist....good luck to Eagles as well.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1231004" timestamp="1339940276"]
Yep... JMO They seemed to improve at the end of the season and I believe that will carry over and if not this season then next the Kats should be BACK!!!....and yes reentering the 2A ranks will make a difference even in this dist....good luck to Eagles as well.
[/quote]
It should be a great race. IMO any of the top foue teams has a shot. Those teams being Newton, EC, Woodville, and Kville. For now im giving the playoff spots to Newton, EC, and Woodville. Kville will have to prove themselves this year.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1231201" timestamp="1340036236"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=100006.msg1231004#msg1231004 date=1339940276]
[/quote]
It should be a great race. IMO any of the top foue teams has a shot. Those teams being Newton, EC, Woodville, and Kville. For now im giving the playoff spots to Newton, EC, and Woodville. Kville will have to prove themselves this year.
[/quote]
yes they will.....and I agree it's going to be a great race for the title/playoff spot

[/quote]

D13, IMO, will be the toughest.  I know this is a SE Texas board, but if you know anything about the teams in this district, it will be a tough road. 

I think Kirbyville should be a playoff team in 2012.  I think your two favorites are still going to be Newton & EC but im pretty confident they could finish at least 3rd.  It depends on what the likes of Woodville & Anahuac lose/return?  What will Newton & EC look like in 2012?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder