2 Brenham alumni are living their dream after this weekend

Just want to congratulate a few of my fellow Brenham alums on being signed as free agents after the draft.

Former LSU QB Jarrett Lee signed with the San Diego Chargers, while former Texas/Southern Louisiana WR Brandon Collins signed with the Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

Jarrett Lee- Both have a lot of potential.  Lee has gradually gotten better, and learned from his mistakes in college.  He has all of the tools and with a little more experience and an oppertunity in the future, who knows what could happen.  Perhaps his must impressive trait is his work ethic, and how he stuck by his team through hard times.  He spent countless hours watching film and you could see it showed up on the field.  He remained loyal, when he could have easily took the easy way out and transferred. 

Brandon Collins- This kid might be the exact opposite.  He is a tremendous talent, and it would not surprise me at all if he made the team, and got some playing time.  In fact, if not for him messing up while he was at UT, I honestly think he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  His skills are out of this world, but he has a poor work ethic and has had off the field problems in the past.  He's known as a bit of a hot head, but I'm hoping he's matured, and learned from his mistakes.  If so, you could see him as a #2 or #3 receiver in a few years.

Good luck, guys.  We're proud of you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami