Neches River

[quote name="indianforever" post="1216447" timestamp="1335815126"]
what are some good spots to fish on the Neches River in Port Neches by boat???
[/quote]

From the park, go toward Beaumont for about a mile and on the opposite bank (Orange County side) and check out Bessie Heights.

There is some awesome fishing in there at times but it helps to go with someone that knows and there are plenty of shallows to beware of.

You can also run about 6 miles to the east toward Sabine Lake and fish the Entergy outfall canal area or on into the lake, especially around the islands where the shallows drop off into the ship channel. I think some people have started to catch good stringers of specks on the north end if you know how to look for them.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1216664" timestamp="1335851185"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=99568.msg1216447#msg1216447 date=1335815126]
what are some good spots to fish on the Neches River in Port Neches by boat???
[/quote]

From the park, go toward Beaumont for about a mile and on the opposite bank (Orange County side) and check out Bessie Heights.

There is some awesome fishing in there at times but it helps to go with someone that knows and there are plenty of shallows to beware of.

You can also run about 6 miles to the east toward Sabine Lake and fish the Entergy outfall canal area or on into the lake, especially around the islands where the shallows drop off into the ship channel. I think some people have started to catch good stringers of specks on the north end if you know how to look for them.
[/quote]

the entergy outfall is that where the high lines are and if so how far should i go back there...the only reason i ask is because i have a bass boat and i dont know the depth of the water back there

[quote name="mat" post="1216819" timestamp="1335891028"]
You're safe in the outfall channel all the way back to the plant but it's been a while since I've gone up there.
[/quote]

It is fairly deep back there if you stay in the channel. I have seen times that you could kill fish in there and times that you couldn't get a bite... which is like most areas. According to which way the tide is moving, sometimes you can catch good fish at the points at the entrance to the canal without having to run back up into it.

[quote name="mat" post="1216819" timestamp="1335891028"]
You're safe in the outfall channel all the way back to the plant but it's been a while since I've gone up there.
[/quote]

Several yards in are some fence post......some I think are under water.....be careful.....personally I would just barely get in a plane my first time back there.....

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1216868" timestamp="1335894773"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=99568.msg1216819#msg1216819 date=1335891028]
[/quote]

Several yards in are some fence post......some I think are under water.....be careful.....personally I would just barely get in a plane my first time back there.....
[/quote]

if you're "in a plane", you won't have to worry about fenceposts, but you will have to worry about power lines :)

[quote name="bullets13" post="1216882" timestamp="1335895758"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=99568.msg1216868#msg1216868 date=1335894773]
[quote author=mat link=topic=99568.msg1216819#msg1216819 date=1335891028]
[/quote]

[/quote]

if you're "in a plane", you won't have to worry about fenceposts, but you will have to worry about power lines :)
[/quote]

;D You had me spell checking.....lol

• 2 weeks later...
I hear there have been some nice flounder and trout coming off some of the shorelines running between Bessie Heights all the way to the "mothball fleet"... I just bought a new truck so I have to get a receiver hitch hooked up before I can get my boat back in the water next week...but I will be fishing near the mothball fleet

[quote name="vhs" post="1221189" timestamp="1336787155"]
I hear there have been some nice flounder and trout coming off some of the shorelines running between Bessie Heights all the way to the "mothball fleet"... I just bought a new truck so I have to get a receiver hitch hooked up before I can get my boat back in the water next week...but I will be fishing near the mothball fleet
[/quote]

Along that bank is okay for flounder but I like the points from the canal leading into BH. That is both the river side and where it hits the marsh.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami