Buna vs DEWEYVILLE buna wins 10-2

Being from Kountze and just playing both teams.  I wont predict a winner but like the sportsfan said the team that walks will be a big factor.  Should be a great game no prediction but pulling for Dewyville a little to get the district standing a little more interesting.  Good luck to both teams.

Guest Go4BB1194
I would think it will be agreat game to watch ,I hope both teams do their best, the pitching should be AWESOME ! I will go for Deweyville, it should be a tight game.

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1198837" timestamp="1332083781"]
I say a lot of k's both ways. Walks major factor. Hoping for another dogfight they sure fun to watch.
[/quote]
Well it wasn't the dogfight I was hoping for, but it was fun to watch for Buna fans.  The Cougs were more ready for a formidable pitcher than I expected, being very aggressive, not tentative, and delivering some very good at bats against Howell.  Unfortunately for Howell, his defense struggled to keep the game within reach, giving up many unearned runs.  Buna boys played with a lot of confidence making the pirates pay for almost every mistake they made.  I am pretty sure Buna gave up more walks so my prediction was really off on that, but I will say they did fine ways to bury them without too much damage, showing composure for a young team.  Game ended on another defensive exclamation mark with a 5-4-3 DP. 

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1199468" timestamp="1332239118"]
So did Howell just have a bad night last night?
[/quote]
Buna just flat out hit the ball, 1-9 made good contact in their lineup, I have seen Jacob's curveball better, but give credit to the hitters, they were aggressive and well coached. Pirates defense continues to struggle, don't know what the "fix" is, but it needs to be corrected if they want to compete.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1199473" timestamp="1332241645"]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=97723.msg1199468#msg1199468 date=1332239118]
So did Howell just have a bad night last night?
[/quote]
Buna just flat out hit the ball, 1-9 made good contact in their lineup, I have seen Jacob's curveball better, but give credit to the hitters, they were aggressive and well coached. Pirates defense continues to struggle, don't know what the "fix" is, but it needs to be corrected if they want to compete.
[/quote]
Steeler  well said I agree 100% You Have to put the ball in play to win

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder