Lamar vs Vermont play in game! Winner gets NC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LamarTech" post="1195907" timestamp="1331505544"]
Harvard is higher than we are?...they don't even play a conference tourney in the IVY LEAGUE...because we had more losses to Louisville, Kentucky, Ohio State and Geo Mason? Did Harvard play any of those?
[/quote]

Harvard had a MUCH more impressive season than Lamar. 

At least this year's Lamar Cards have a number 1 seeded youtube video! ...as for as Harvard having a better year than Lamar, suggest you look at their schedule...we lost 11 and they only lost 4...but again, look at their schedule...wonder what our total losses would be against that schedule...this is the same argument that surfaced when Pat Knight said no-more D2s  and D3s and weak sisters...perhaps at the end of the day, strength of schedule hurt us in the selection committee...

I'm really proud for Lamar, this year, but I'm sorry, if you win your conference, you should be automatically in the Tournament. What is this "play in" BS? Lamar has 23 wins! The last time they made the tournament, they got in with a 15-15 record! This is totally disrespectful to Lamar, IMO! The NCAA selection committee is a joke, plain and simple......and I hope Lamar crushes Vermont!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1195931" timestamp="1331509444"]
I'm really proud for Lamar, this year, but I'm sorry, if you win your conference, you should be automatically in the Tournament. What is this "play in" BS? Lamar has 23 wins! The last time they made the tournament, they got in with a 15-15 record! This is totally disrespectful to Lamar, IMO! The NCAA selection committee is a joke, plain and simple......and I hope Lamar crushes Vermont!
[/quote]

There are 112 teams 20+ wins.  It's just how things are.  Some teams had 25 wins or more and didn't get in.

These are no longer considered "play-in" games.  Lamar will get credited for a tournament win if they beat Vermont.  But what I don't get is how Norfolk State and Detroit get 15 seeds when neither team won the regular season, just their tourneys.  Neither team really has a marquee win, but they do have some solid wins which Lamar does not.  I think what hurt Lamar is going 0-6 against top-100 teams and having some bad losses in conference (like to Nicholls State).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83