Ozen vs Nederland playoff game

stevenash

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my word.....you nederland and ozen fans are ridiculous.....  Who cares whose favored....  just go out and win the game.

truth be told i have ties to nederland and i would like to see them win this game, but right now Ozen is playing better ball and have beat better opponents in the playoffs so yes Ozen should be favored.....get over it.

learn to cut your emotional ties from 'your' team and then you ll see the truth

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1186526" timestamp="1330347736"]
oh my word.....you nederland and ozen fans are ridiculous.....  Who cares whose favored....  just go out and win the game.

truth be told i have ties to nederland and i would like to see them win this game, but right now Ozen is playing better ball and have beat better opponents in the playoffs so yes Ozen should be favored.....get over it.

[/quote]I think Ozen is playing better ball than even us (Central).  Don't worry about who is favored.  Actually, I love it when my team is the 'underdog' (no pun intended).  Go out and win, and silence the critics.  Truth be told, I'm strongly considering missing my Jags to go and watch this game.  Heck, the Montagne Center is about a 2 minute drive from my house (no lie). 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186507" timestamp="1330338569"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96704.msg1186481#msg1186481 date=1330317015]
It's NEDERLAND....at the end of the day... 8)
[/quote]

Well, as you say, "it's Nederland" and since it is "Nederland at the end of the day", I am in total shock that you haven't jumped ALL OVER my financial offer since the outcome is seemingly cut and dried.
[/quote]
I gotcha Nash......that bet is fine with me...I was pre occupied with all of the ridiculous statements made my the Nederland contingent, thinking for some reason they should be the "favorite" in their game against Ozen.... ::)....and had the AUDACITY to be mad about it! Ridiculous... 8)

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1186526" timestamp="1330347736"]
oh my word.....[b]you nederland and ozen fans are ridiculous[/b].....  Who cares whose favored....  just go out and win the game.

[/quote]

No sir! You hardly ever find any Ozen fan on this forum talking noise, heck there are hardly any Ozen fans on this site. Not sure who Dickie V is a fan of since he criticizes all teams although at times it's quite obvious who he is not a fan of and that's his right. I have ties to Ozen (and honestly didn't feel that we'd be in the 3rd round but here we are DARN IT) but I like being the underdog just like we were in football. As soon as something is said in non-support of certain teams on this site all heck breaks loose. 

Good luck to each and every school still representing this area!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186534" timestamp="1330349163"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96704.msg1186507#msg1186507 date=1330338569]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96704.msg1186481#msg1186481 date=1330317015]
[/quote]

Well, as you say, "it's Nederland" and since it is "Nederland at the end of the day", I am in total shock that you haven't jumped ALL OVER my financial offer since the outcome is seemingly cut and dried.
[/quote]
I gotcha Nash......that bet is fine with me...I was pre occupied with all of the ridiculous statements made my the Nederland contingent, thinking for some reason they should be the "favorite" in their game against Ozen.... ::)....and had the AUDACITY to be mad about it! Ridiculous... 8)
[/quote]

Dicky- just for the sake of confirmation:  Our new bet (which replaces the original one) will consist of me taking Nederland plus 5 points and me giving you 5-1 odds by betting $100 against $20.  Is that the way you understand it? ( you know I will pay promptly if I lose)

I'll take the heat. I have big shoulders. So it's the Nederland fans defending their team that makes no sense?.....but it's OK to be constantly attacked?

I really don't care who is favored, just trying to figure out how the ones who are enlightened arrive at their conclusions. If anyone does not like me defending my town and team, feel free not to read my posts.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1186471" timestamp="1330315406"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96704.msg1186470#msg1186470 date=1330315279]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96704.msg1186468#msg1186468 date=1330315176]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96704.msg1186466#msg1186466 date=1330314967]
So just what is wrong with Ozen being the favorite in this game?
[/quote]
Seriously?
[/quote]
Yes, seriously.
[/quote]
If Iowa State or Baylor meet Kansas in the NCAA tournament, who is the favorite? Or if Florida State plays North Carolina or Duke in the tourney, who's the favorite?
[/quote]Someone ain't recovered from Bourbon Street

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186556" timestamp="1330351044"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96704.msg1186534#msg1186534 date=1330349163]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Dicky- just for the sake of confirmation:  Our new bet (which replaces the original one) will consist of me taking Nederland plus 5 points and me giving you 5-1 odds by betting $100 against $20.  Is that the way you understand it? ( you know I will pay promptly if I lose)
[/quote]
I understand...I have no clue why you are so confident that Nederland will take this one, but...OK... ::) ::) 8)

[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=96704.msg1186550#msg1186550 date=1330350664]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=96704.msg1186526#msg1186526 date=1330347736]
oh my word.....[b]you nederland and ozen fans are ridiculous[/b].....  Who cares whose favored....  just go out and win the game.

[/quote]

No sir! You hardly ever find any Ozen fan on this forum talking noise, heck there are hardly any Ozen fans on this site. Not sure who Dickie V is a fan of since he criticizes all teams although at times it's quite obvious who he is not a fan of and that's his right. I have ties to Ozen (and honestly didn't feel that we'd be in the 3rd round but here we are DARN IT) but I like being the underdog just like we were in football. As soon as something is said in non-support of certain teams on this site all heck breaks loose. 

[/quote]
I am not a "fan" of ANY team, but I have a tie to Ozen as well...As a matter of fact I am the guy in the tan suit on that giant 2001 state championship photo in the foyer at the Ozen gym.. ;)....I just tell it like it is, but a lot of the guys on here don't really want me to do that....I don't dislike any team on here at all, really, I just call it as I see it!  8)

I understand and accept that AAW has Ozen picked as a favorite Tuesday night. He explained it to me, and I understand it's his opinion. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but I understand his thinking since he didn't see either of Nederland's playoff games and I did. However, I'm like Soulja and uandme (cool name BTW) in this situation, bc I like when 'my team' is the underdawg.
Remember, a big reason we have this board is to debate. Some feel their opinion holds more water than the next guy (not referring to you AAW-I think u know who though  ;D ). Just bc one disagrees with another does not mean one is whining about his/her team. Heck, Nederland was the underdawg against Humble last year in the Reg Qs and against Magnolia last week, but still won. Did anyone from Ned say anything about being the 'Dawg' against them?? No.

Coach English went to Humble's 1st playoff game against Stratford, so he is not surprised at all that Ozen beat them. Actually, he told Coach Sevant (sp?) from Ozen that they will beat them (as coach Sevant was there too).
Now, here are some facts from the season, and a hypothetical at the end:

KW Park won the 1st meeting in district and lost the 2nd game. KW Park beat a #1 seed on Friday (as did Ozen).
Humble played who was lined up in front of them. Had they beat a 3rd seed Ozen team, would that make their playoff wins less impressive? Probably so. However, they would still be favored in the next game against KW Park (if they had met this round).

Well, considering that Humble swept Summer Creek in district by the scores of 62-52 and then 75-47, I would make Humble the favorite.
[/quote]
Ok, fair.
Who would have been the favorite between Humble and KW Park (had they met again in the playoffs)? They split their head to heads in district play, yet Humble finished #1 and KW Park #2. [b]I know for a fact [/b]that Humble would have been the favorite.
[/quote]

I would not know for a fact. I would have to look at how the two finished the season and how they performed in the playoffs up to that point.
[/quote]

[quote name="uandme08" post="1186550" timestamp="1330350664"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=96704.msg1186526#msg1186526 date=1330347736]

[/quote]

[/quote]Chuuch!  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1186561" timestamp="1330351398"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96704.msg1186471#msg1186471 date=1330315406]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96704.msg1186470#msg1186470 date=1330315279]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96704.msg1186468#msg1186468 date=1330315176]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96704.msg1186466#msg1186466 date=1330314967]
So just what is wrong with Ozen being the favorite in this game?
[/quote]
Seriously?
[/quote]
Yes, seriously.
[/quote]
If Iowa State or Baylor meet Kansas in the NCAA tournament, who is the favorite? Or if Florida State plays North Carolina or Duke in the tourney, who's the favorite?
[/quote]Someone ain't recovered from Bourbon Street
[/quote]
Bourbon Street?? Oh, bc of all the celebration that I DIDN't do this weekend after beating another co-district champs from another district!  ::)
Good one BD3!  ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186563" timestamp="1330351817"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96704.msg1186556#msg1186556 date=1330351044]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96704.msg1186534#msg1186534 date=1330349163]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I understand...I have no clue why you are so confident that Nederland will take this one, but...OK... ::) ::) 8)

[[/quote]

I am not particularly confident.  You know how I like to play Devil's Advocate with you.

Dickie, you're acting like Ozen is a much better team than Nederland.  I've seen nothing in the past 3 years to back that up.  Is Ozen capable of beating Nederland?  Obviously.  But are they so much better than Nederland?  Obviously not.  If they were, they wouldn't have finished behind them in district.  I personally have no problem with Ozen being the favorite in this game based on recent play and their last result against Nederland, but i do have a problem with you acting like nederland fans are being ridiculous for questioning it.

[quote name="vp32" post="1186776" timestamp="1330367005"]
Dickie wanna make a lil wager with me again? You have my word that this time i won't be "shady" or try and get technical with you this time.
[/quote]
No. shady is as shady does.

[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=96704.msg1186798#msg1186798 date=1330369048]
Dickie, you're acting like Ozen is a much better team than Nederland.  I've seen nothing in the past 3 years to back that up.  Is Ozen capable of beating Nederland?  Obviously.  But are they so much better than Nederland?  Obviously not.  If they were, they wouldn't have finished behind them in district.  I personally have no problem with Ozen being the favorite in this game based on recent play and their last result against Nederland, but i do have a problem with you acting like nederland fans are being ridiculous for questioning it.
[/quote]

Never said they were a better team..I am saying that Nederland, although, well coached, and being co-champions of the district, I don't think they have enough in the tank to beat a more talented, hot Ozen team right now..just like I did 2 weeks ago.. ::)...Its kinda like making Indiana a favorite over Murray State, who is at the top of their conference and having a pretty good season...They are not the Indiana of years past, but at the end of the day, they are Indiana, and they are STILL....Murray State.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83