**HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. NAVASOTA BROADCAST**HJ ADVANCES 68-64!

Lazeek

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1187123" timestamp="1330396427"]
Steve,

Breithaupt coached me in 7th grade (Buna)!  He even had me wear his number.  That was pretty cool! 

But, alas, I couldn't shoot a 3 pointer if my life depended on it.  Well, that, and the fact that the three-point line was not around yet.
[/quote]

:)  I knew you had played at Buna and just sort of assumed he might have been your coach.  I can certainly see that not having a three point line might make it difficult ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187116" timestamp="1330396043"]
It must be just you.  I have never given you karma in either direction.  I didnt say you believed in the up/down theory but asked because you mentioned it.[/quote]... and I mentioned it simply because your 0 time weekly stock beaters outdoing the 3 and 4 time weekly stock pickers seems to reflect the same theory as the "Dogs of the Dow", which, IMO is simply based on those believing that what goes up, must come down.  Absolutely nothing to do with sports, however, which is what I was insinuating about your stock pickers analogy/story.

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96703.msg1187001#msg1187001 date=1330388622]We will just have to agree to disagree on the relevance of the coin flip.  There are no human variable in a coin flip( unless you want to claim the flip itself is a variable) and there are a ton of them in a basketball game.[/quote]Agree.  But, just like the coin toss, there is a winner and a loser and the odds of being one of them adds up to 100%. 

There is a far greater correlation there than there is between stocks.  Remember, only liberals believe that the market is a "0 sum game" (for every winner, there is a loser).  Don't be a liberal, Steve!    ;)

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96703.msg1187001#msg1187001 date=1330388622]Hmmm- I dont believe I stated (or, for that matter, gave you any reason to believe) that I thought Yates will get to where they lose every game.  Possibly a little hyperbole there?  My statement, which I will stand by, suggests that their relative performance at some point in the future, will not be as good as it is now.  This happens all the time aka Sugarland Willowridge, Ozen, etc. etc.[/quote]Sorry, when you said, "[u]Do I believe that Yates is due for a downturn[/u]?  ...  If the time frame is long enough, [b][u]my guess is  they will experience one relative to their current status[/u][/b]", my assumption was that their downturn will be just as bad as their win streak is good.  My bad.

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96703.msg1187001#msg1187001 date=1330388622]In regard to Devonte, I believe the chances for him missing his 5th three point attempt is greater for a number of reasons.  1.  His legs will have a little less bounce in them  2.  The defense will be trying a little harder to contest his shot  3.  Confidence can work for or against a shooter    I am pretty close to the HJ all time career three point shooting leader and over the years I developed a pretty good feel/understanding about the pluses and minuses regarding confidence.  I had a very successful coach who now happens to be the head of the UIL remark to me that 3 point shooting percentage almost always declines as the number of attempts increases.  I didnt do any checking on that.  I assumed he knew what he was talking about.
[/quote]Well, I think you got me on that one.  I never considered that before.  Good point!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187128" timestamp="1330396876"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=96703.msg1187123#msg1187123 date=1330396427]
Steve,

Breithaupt coached me in 7th grade (Buna)!  He even had me wear his number.  That was pretty cool! 

But, alas, I couldn't shoot a 3 pointer if my life depended on it.  Well, that, and the fact that the three-point line was not around yet.
[/quote]

:)  I knew you had played at Buna and just sort of assumed he might have been your coach.  I can certainly see that not having a three point line might make it difficult ;D
[/quote]No.  Sadly, the lack of a 3 point line had absolutely nothing to do with my ability to hit the 3-pointer!  Outside of 10 footers, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  I could dribble, pass, and defend with the best of them, but I couldn't shoot.  Luckily, I knew that, so my team mates always loved me!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187118" timestamp="1330396092"]
[quote author=BigDaddy00 link=topic=96703.msg1187113#msg1187113 date=1330395846]
Longest argument I've seen im a while guys  ;)
[/quote]

What is wrong with a couple of guys exchanging viewpoints in detail?
[/quote] I didn't say anything was wrong with it

[quote name="BigDaddy00" post="1187135" timestamp="1330397217"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96703.msg1187118#msg1187118 date=1330396092]
[quote author=BigDaddy00 link=topic=96703.msg1187113#msg1187113 date=1330395846]
Longest argument I've seen im a while guys  ;)
[/quote]

What is wrong with a couple of guys exchanging viewpoints in detail?
[/quote] I didn't say anything was wrong with it
[/quote]

You can relax- we are done

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1187136" timestamp="1330397320"]
If HJ beats Navasota, will the HJ crowd pull a Shaquille Oneal and chant "Hey Navasota tell me how my a.. taste?" I know it's tasteless but they deserve it!
[/quote]

Now BS if you have ever attended an HJ basketball game you would know that we will stand and cheer our boys regardless of the outcome.  Should we win or lose we will always have the best following of anyone in the area. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186452" timestamp="1330314014"]
Those 4 consecutive wins trouble me.
[/quote]

As I've previously stated - me too!  We have to convert all turnovers, layups into points & make our free throws.  Can't let Navasota hang around like Sealy did.   

[quote name="bmrm" post="1187234" timestamp="1330403498"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96703.msg1186452#msg1186452 date=1330314014]
Those 4 consecutive wins trouble me.
[/quote]

As I've previously stated - me too!  We have to convert all turnovers, layups into points & make our free throws.  Can't let Navasota hang around like Sealy did. 
[/quote]Do we have to go through this one more..... no, nevermind.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder