Coldspring vs Silsbee

BADSANTA

Who wins  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Silsbee
    • Coldprings

Silsbee vs. ColdSprings Tuesday 2/28/12, at Barbers Hill.  Hmmm.  I can make that.  I went to one other playoff game there before, a few years ago.  I'm working two jobs though.  I may be tempted to just go home and go to bed.

This is a rare opportunity for me to the the Tigers though.  Decisions, Decisions.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186457" timestamp="1330314253"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=96650.msg1186451#msg1186451 date=1330313933]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1186431#msg1186431 date=1330311687]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96650.msg1186430#msg1186430 date=1330311561]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=96650.msg1186426#msg1186426 date=1330311260]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1186423#msg1186423 date=1330311143]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96650.msg1186416#msg1186416 date=1330310630]
It's going to be very difficult for both HJ and Silsbee to meet up. Lot of tough ball ahead of each team. If they do meet up I'd like to see Nash wear a [b]"I'm a Democrate for LIFE"[/b] shirt!
[/quote]

Jokes?

Sorry but I can't do that.  I am one of those "less than enlightened" people who believes that one should pay their own way instead of having the government pay for me at the expense of another person.  I plan on wearing one that says "Lose the taunt cause it will eventually haunt"
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

So what are you saying?
[/quote]

I'm saying I wont wear a t shirt that says I'm a Democrat for life.
[/quote]

But Nash will you wear one that says "I am a [b]DEMOCRATE[/b] FOR LIFE"?
[/quote]

No because I have this thing about poor spelling that will preclude any concerns regarding party affiliation.
[/quote]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1186055" timestamp="1330266165"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1186040#msg1186040 date=1330261605]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1186000#msg1186000 date=1330228904]
Coldspring's center and big forward gets +/- 10 blocks per game. If it is a tight called game the coach pulls the center way to ealy. If the Coach pulls one of them due to a tight called game, then Coldspring has trouble pulling the win out. Splendora stayed within 15 points the first time due to a tight called game but lost by 30 when we was allowed to play the next time. If they let them play we win due to steals and physical defense. I know Silsbee had trouble with Splendora's physical play for rebounds and their shots getting blocked. We are more physical than them. Coldspring +6 and a long ride home for Silsbee.
[/quote]

Did they have any common opponents during the season?
[/quote]

Coldspring and Silsbee have three common opponents. Kountze, Woodville and Splendora. Here are the scores of those games:

Silsbee              opponent                Coldspring

92-54 W              Kountze                77-81 L

99-34 W              Woodville              89-42 W

71-56 W              Splendora              56-41 W
                                                      61-31 W
[/quote]
Nuff said. Silsbee by 15+

nuff said.. those comparisons are really close.. the kountze game was CS second of the year and they officially had 1 practice before because of football and 6 out of 9 play football.. both the other 2 games are.very comparable. both silsbee and CS beat the heck out of other inferior teams.. I know Silsbee is really good and battle tested.. They are going to be the fastest team we have seen all year and probably the best.. CS basketball players love the HYPE, want the test.. they have been called overrated all year.. These kids want to show CS is just more than a football school.. I see it as a great game to go watch.. the athleticsm and pace is going to be unmatched.. cant wait.. Good luck to both teams and GO TROJANS

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1186620" timestamp="1330355430"]
nuff said.. those comparisons are really close.. the kountze game was CS second of the year and they officially had 1 practice before because of football and 6 out of 9 play football.. both the other 2 games are.very comparable. both silsbee and CS beat the heck out of other inferior teams.. I know Silsbee is really good and battle tested.. They are going to be the fastest team we have seen all year and probably the best.. CS basketball players love the HYPE, want the test.. they have been called overrated all year.. These kids want to show CS is just more than a football school.. I see it as a great game to go watch.. the athleticsm and pace is going to be unmatched.. cant wait.. Good luck to both teams and GO TROJANS
[/quote]
Yes, once again nuff said. While your boys were out there getting beat by Wimberly, Silsbee was and had been in the gym since August, so I could care less what your reason for losing to Kountze was, but you did lose, and if you weren't on the court much before that well that's there problem, Silsbee was unfortunately for the Trojans already on the court for awhile. The numbers aren't as close as you make them seem, the Kountze one especially, just because you didn't have any practices makes no difference, you still have the same players, them 16,17,18 year old kids didn't get any better at basketball between now an then so once again Silsbee by 15+

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1186453" timestamp="1330314041"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1186417#msg1186417 date=1330310741]
How do you give up 18 rebounds and 6 blocks to one person, let along under 6' and say you didn't underestimate the kids from Splendora. Can anyone answer that one? The nervousness from this site's Broadcaster's during the game showed everyone underestimated Splendora. Coldspring knew Splendora was scrappy. I'm just pointing out the obvious. This is not about what you've done at the beginning of the season but are you ready now and can your team produce when a team is as fast as you. I remember a WOS Football team that suppose to of had 9 kids run under 4.5/40 yards, so speed does not matter to use. I realize our team had their problems but I believe the hype will create focus and determination for our kids. We'll see Tuesday.
[/quote]

Again with the Splendora comparisons. ::) But I'll bite.

You are claiming that Silsbee "underestimated" Splendora. So if that's true, are you not selling Splendora short? I mean you stating Silsbee "underestimated" Splendora yet Silsbee still beat them by 15 (led by as much as 21). ::)

Also, I agree it's not so much what a team did early in the season but how they are playing now. Well, Silsbee has defeated two state ranked teams in their last 3 games (Pleasant Grove by 25, Brookshire-Royal by 12). So the Tigers are playing quite well of late. ;)

Like I mentioned before, I have seen Coldspring play this season. As far as speed is concerned, the Trojans are no faster than the Royal team that Silsbee just defeated. So, Silsbee will produce against the speed of Coldspring, trust me.

BTW, the player you mentioned that "supposedly" had 18 rebounds and 6 block shots is McAnally and he is listed at '6"2, not under '6. Silsbee's tallest player is '6"2. It's not the first time a post player has produced those kind of numbers against Silsbee. BTW, he only had 5 points for the game. ;)

It is so funny how you want to "key" on the Splendora game but have no comments on the latest game which was a 12 point win over a very good Brookshire-Royal team that is somewhat similar to your Coldspring team. ;) ::)
[/quote]Hey...Hey AAW, its like captredass said, "we will see Tuesday". The only problem is captredass wont like what he sees when its all said and done. I seen both teams and if Silsbee has a problem in this one I'll be shocked. If Coldsprings takes the bait and enters the track meet with Silsbee this will be over early. Splendora stayed competative because they were able to slow the game down and make some perimeter shots in the second half. Btw, the outside shooting performance at Lee sat. night from all 4 teams was awful. Maybe they just all had an off night. Also, how HJ manages to hang on to Sutherland is a mystery to me. How has a 4a or 5a program not come calling for him yet?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83