Yates vs Wheatley post updates here/Yates wins 125-87!

bone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1182004" timestamp="1329853822"]
I'm not sure why they don't shut down every high school basketball program down in Texas if you are going to crown them a year ahead of time....I'm not scared, and I will be a senior next year, and the year after that....
[/quote]
???..flew right over my head there, buddy! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1182008" timestamp="1329854206"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=96311.msg1182004#msg1182004 date=1329853822]
I'm not sure why they don't shut down every high school basketball program down in Texas if you are going to crown them a year ahead of time....I'm not scared, and I will be a senior next year, and the year after that....
[/quote]
[/quote]

So I take it the the HJ Silsbee game is not the best game of the year that you have seen anymore...

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1182022" timestamp="1329854907"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96311.msg1182008#msg1182008 date=1329854206]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=96311.msg1182004#msg1182004 date=1329853822]
[/quote]
[/quote]

So I take it the the HJ Silsbee game is not the best game of the year that you have seen anymore...
[/quote]
As far as being comepetitive, the rivalry, and atmosphere, its still that one...BUT as far as entertainment and atmosphere...It was Yates/Wheatley hands down!! ;D

Again, I have not seen Yates play ever in person. But, I have seen highlights and footage from their games. Yates seems to play up and down the floor with a lot of speed. What if a team were to cover the outlet pass up the floor? What if they rotated to the backside block on defense during a fast break? What if they stepped up and took a charge when a player from Yates went for a dunk? I feel that if teams were to do all of these things (simple defense) and were able to score, then they would definitely have a shot! Again, this is based only on what I have seen of Yates in clips and highlight reels.

That might work a little but evenif one of our area teams could match up with Yates starters, the game would still end up lopsided.  We dint have the numbers to keep up the pace or the talent in those numbers.  I will out it this way and in all honesty this is not a knock on him, but it has been stated that Prudhomne is the best playerin SE TX,  I dont think he would start and may not even be the first or second off the bench at Yates. Now does that mean give then the title next year? Heck no, it only takes one bad game to be sent home!

[quote author=HJ2012 link=topic=96311.msg1182118#msg1182118 date=1329858441]
Again, I have not seen Yates play ever in person. But, I have seen highlights and footage from their games. Yates seems to play up and down the floor with a lot of speed. What if a team were to cover the outlet pass up the floor? What if they rotated to the backside block on defense during a fast break? What if they stepped up and took a charge when a player from Yates went for a dunk? I feel that if teams were to do all of these things (simple defense) and were able to score, then they would definitely have a shot! Again, this is based only on what I have seen of Yates in clips and highlight reels.
[/

Yates in person would have you wanting them to stay in 4A. The reason the blast everyone is because the simple things don't work. Their starting lineup mirrors that of a major D1 school. Size, speed, and more athletic than most SETX teams have ever seen. They are a AAU team!

[quote name="hj15" post="1182002" timestamp="1329853774"]
Example: Cleveland will dress 7 sophomores for tonights game against HF. Five of which are true sophomores. Just doesn't seem fair to those kids but I know thats just the way it is.

Seems like Cleveland I.S.D. needs to work on the grades instead of Basketball.
[/quote]????  ???

[quote name="ST413" post="1182130" timestamp="1329859037"]
That might work a little but evenif one of our area teams could match up with Yates starters, the game would still end up lopsided.  We dint have the numbers to keep up the pace or the talent in those numbers.  I will out it this way and in all honesty this is not a knock on him, but it has been stated that Prudhomne is the best playerin SE TX,  I dont think he would start and may not even be the first or second off the bench at Yates. Now does that mean give then the title next year? Heck no, it only takes one bad game to be sent home!
[/quote]

I agree with that statement, but I think Shawn would be 1st off the bench. Yates is a AAU team. Everyone knows it.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1182148" timestamp="1329859856"]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=96311.msg1182002#msg1182002 date=1329853774]
Example: Cleveland will dress 7 sophomores for tonights game against HF. Five of which are true sophomores. Just doesn't seem fair to those kids but I know thats just the way it is.

Seems like Cleveland I.S.D. needs to work on the grades instead of Basketball.
[/quote]????  ???
[/quote]

I think hj15 saw where you pointed out that 5 of the 7 sophomores for Cleveland were TRUE soph., meaning that two of them must have failed a grade or two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder