Most anticipated games or match up's for 2012

Rake1

Looking at the newly posted schedules for the upcoming season it appears there will be some great games and match up's that will be worth watching. With the amount and depth of quality pitching in our area all the baseball fans can expect to see some great pitching duels as well. The early season tournaments will be fun to watch in my opinion since you get those games between folks from different districts playing. When the playoff teams from 4A meet up with 3A playoff squads it's always interesting. Anybody got a game or two they "can't miss"???

As far as pitching staffs go it's awful hard to look past Nederland, those guys are loaded and young! They should have plenty of arms to go around for pre-season tournaments. Several other big arms out there to watch for as well. Swan-LCM, Lemoine-BC, Jenkins-Silsbee, Livingston has a few, PNG-has some live young arms, and I know Barber's Hill has some as well. I know there are others I have overlooked so I apologize up front.

Mikey Gomez(Lee) vs Michael Martinez(GCM)..Two great friends that have played almost every summer together on the same team since they were 13 years old..And I would put Mikey against any 4a/5a school around and get good results...Just wait and watch this boy pitch...

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="joebob" post="1166040" timestamp="1327544161"]
Did Lee lose any kids from to GCM or RSS due to the academic rating they received?
[/quote]

No. Ask this next year and the answer will be diifferent.

Guest UHCoog14
The ability for Lee students to freely transfer to other schools (assuming thy can provide their own transportation) does not take effect until next school year. GCM did have one REL baseball player transfer into their attendance zone this school year. It was not related to the academicaly unacceptable status of REL.

The Round Rock tournament is a pretty good way to kick the season off.  Also both Brenham tournaments are good, especially the Alumni tournament.  Pretty intriguing when you take a tournament and put Brenham & CC Moody in it.  Not too mention many other great teams.  When it comes to district there are 2 teams that challenge us year in and year out.  Both Magnolia & Montgomery return more than us this year, so things should be interesting.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1166084" timestamp="1327549911"]
The ability for Lee students to freely transfer to other schools (assuming thy can provide their own transportation) does not take effect until next school year. GCM did have one REL baseball player transfer into their attendance zone this school year. It was not related to the academicaly unacceptable status of REL.
[/quote]

did I mention that i have a nephew on the Lee team :) He better move is butt to BH next year if i have to go pick him up every morning :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder