UIL puts Kountze coach on 1-year probation

WOSgrad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1162498" timestamp="1326932497"]
Is this something that happens often in coaching? Joubert from what I hear is a real nice guy. Maybe just got caught up in the moment. Stuff happens man.
[/quote]

When I arrived at the HJ tourney that day to hear that Joubert got tossed, I was shocked. I spoke with other coaches that day at another tourney and they were just as surprised.

From what I was told, the ejection was very bogus. Some very sensitive officiating in that situation.

One thing that we must realize here is that refs are human...Some are a bit more sensitive than others, and coaches usually know who can take how much and when to back off. I am not sure HOW this particular situation unfolded, but knowing Coach Joubert, I am sure it will be a one time thing. It happens to the best of them.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1162571" timestamp="1326942589"]
One thing that we must realize here is that refs are human...Some are a bit more sensitive than others, and coaches usually know who can take how much and when to back off. I am not sure HOW this particular situation unfolded, but knowing Coach Joubert, I am sure it will be a one time thing. It happens to the best of them.
[/quote]

Some refs simply have huge egos. One ref in particular, that I saw call quite a few games last year, either threatened or followed thru and ejected somebody from every single game. One thing I can say, is that he was even handed. He tossed people from every side of the court.

This is a rule that needs changing. I could possibly see this in a district or playoff setting but the officiating in some our local tournaments just isn't good enough to be able to delegate these type penalties.I've watched Duane coach for years and while he sometimes gets upset and gets his point across I've never seen him doing anything that warrants ejection.

That was my initial thought too!! However, when it comes to coaches, there is a standard that coaches are held to.  Although it was total crap, they HAD to act because of the rules that are in place. As far as the Ozen/Lamarque fiasco, I am not sure that they did anything about that, yet, but I am sure the districts have watched the films and disciplined the students accordingly...(being optimistic) 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1162701" timestamp="1326982686"]
That was my initial thought too!! However, when it comes to coaches, there is a standard that coaches are held to.  Although it was total crap, they HAD to act because of the rules that are in place. As far as the Ozen/Lamarque fiasco, I am not sure that they did anything about that, yet,[b] but I am sure the districts have watched the films and disciplined the students accordingly[/b]...(being optimistic) 8)
[/quote]
yeah just like we're all sure that Michael Jackson was really innocent.  ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1162701" timestamp="1326982686"]
That was my initial thought too!! However, when it comes to coaches, there is a standard that coaches are held to.  Although it was total crap, they HAD to act because of the rules that are in place. As far as the Ozen/Lamarque fiasco, I am not sure that they did anything about that, yet, but I am sure the districts have watched the films and disciplined the students accordingly[b]...(being optimistic) 8)[/b][/quote]

So off thread here BUT keep being optimistic lol...

Guest speechless
More important than who the refs were or what happened is the fact that someone actually thought this was news or post worthy.  What happened in this situation both before and after the ejection is nothing that doesn't happen everywhere across the state....yet, somehow here it is deemed news worthy.  Sad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami