Hardin-Jefferson vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/H-J wins 49-44

WOSgrad

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1157636" timestamp="1326247551"]
I eat my words, I thought HJ was heads and tails above everyone else. I was wrong.  I know HF did  not win but they proved they was a worthy opponent. HJ is not as good I as thought. I based my previous comment on schedule. Well I guess you can throw schedule out the window.
[/quote]

You may have put yourself in a position to eat your words again. There is no way I thought HJ could play like they did the other night and still win the game against any opponent. But they did. That shows me they are probably still heads and tails above other teams in the district. I guess it's all how you look at it. If you only watched HJ play that one game I can see where you may think the gap is closer. If that one sample is enough for you to believe that HJ is not as good as you thought maybe the next game will convince you you may have been right all along and there really is no need to eat your words after all.

[quote name="shackbully" post="1158445" timestamp="1326377923"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=94040.msg1157636#msg1157636 date=1326247551]
I eat my words, I thought HJ was heads and tails above everyone else. I was wrong.  I know HF did  not win but they proved they was a worthy opponent. HJ is not as good I as thought. I based my previous comment on schedule. Well I guess you can throw schedule out the window.
[/quote]

[color=blue]You may have put yourself in a position to eat your words again[/color]. There is no way I thought HJ could play like they did the other night and still win the game against any opponent. But they did. That shows me they are probably still heads and tails above other teams in the district. I guess it's all how you look at it. If you only watched HJ play that one game I can see where you may think the gap is closer. If that one sample is enough for you to believe that HJ is not as good as you thought maybe the next game will convince you you may have been right all along and there really is no need to eat your words after all.
[/quote]

Its OK, wont be the first and won't be the last. Have not seen any of the teams play. Just trying to stir the pot a little. The girls board gets very little attention which is sad IMO. I still think HJ is by far the best in 21 3A but that is not saying a whole lot.

im pullin for hf in the next game vs HJ, but i already know how the refs are gonna be when HF plays at HJ.  its always the same...one sided.  So im predicting HJ will win by 15 or more.

IF you disagree check the books for the foul count in last years game.

All the offensive hooking that #5 does to get around players will not be called.

I believe HJ will win the game no matter how the refs call...but its obvious the refs are one sided there.

I ll already have an idea who the refs are going to be for that game.

All that is left to do is hook, when the defense is allowed to put a forearm and a hand on you on a drive to the basket....  ;).... 

btw, The foul count doesn't have to ever be even.  Any ref that bases calls on the foul count is a horrible ref!  A foul is a foul.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1158619" timestamp="1326390167"]
im pullin for hf in the next game vs HJ, but i already know how the refs are gonna be when HF plays at HJ.  its always the same...one sided.  So im predicting HJ will win by 15 or more.

IF you disagree check the books for the foul count in last years game.

All the offensive hooking that #5 does to get around players will not be called.

I believe HJ will win the game no matter how the refs call...but its obvious the refs are one sided there.

I ll already have an idea who the refs are going to be for that game.
[/quote]

You know as well as I do that the game has changed a whole lot. Yes, the officials do let a lot of fouls go but that is from years and years of declining defensive fundamentals. Believe me I have seen games that were borderline street fights. Sorry but basketball is not the pure game it was 20-30 years ago. I would like to see a show of hands to see how many coaches actually do defensive fundamental drills in practice. Lets think about this, Most of you watch high school football right? Well from what I have seen form tackling has been throw out the window. When I was in high school which was a long time ago, we did form tackling drills every single day in pads. See where I am going with this? Some fundamentals are not stressed anymore and it shows. The officials have to let them play some because if they did not both teams may not finish the game with 5 players. I am talking about every school by the way.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1158655" timestamp="1326394456"]
All that is left to do is hook, when the defense is allowed to put a forearm and a hand on you on a drive to the basket....  ;).... 

btw, The foul count doesn't have to ever be even.  Any ref that bases calls on the foul count is a horrible ref!  A foul is a foul.
[/quote]

i know it doesn't have to be even, but there's obvious no calls and ridiculous calls.... thats whats sad is when a ref favors another team....  it happens...so don't say it doesn't
i see you didn't respond to the one sided comments..

hey if she can get away with it more power to her....
she dribble drives right every time you think defenders would catch on to that.

Only thing I want to say is the refs don't know the rules or just don't care. I've been watching the last few years what happen to no hand checks,no body checks. I as far as I know you can't go thru someone to get the ball. There is so much contact if boys games were called the same I bet you have to breakup a lot of fights. Basketball is a of finesse not a slugfest

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1158752" timestamp="1326403042"]
[quote author=hjhawks link=topic=94040.msg1158655#msg1158655 date=1326394456]

[/quote]

i know it doesn't have to be even, but there's obvious no calls and ridiculous calls.... thats whats sad is when a ref favors another team....  it happens...so don't say it doesn't

[/quote]

Didnt have to respond earlier.... As far as one sided.... That is in the eye of the beholder...  I will gladly meet with you after round two with a pen and paper and we can count just how biased the officials are... Heck, riding solo will probably cook for us! haha

I don't think there is home cooking anymore...  With officials being able to be scratched and the guys and gals calling for everyone in the area, I think we get pretty even officiating in this area. (Hill guy might disagree..)

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1158892" timestamp="1326418121"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=94040.msg1158752#msg1158752 date=1326403042]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didnt have to respond earlier.... As far as one sided.... That is in the eye of the beholder...  I will gladly meet with you after round two with a pen and paper and we can count just how biased the officials are... Heck, riding solo will probably cook for us! haha

I don't think there is home cooking anymore...  With officials being able to be scratched and the guys and gals calling for everyone in the area, I think we get pretty even officiating in this area. (Hill guy might disagree..)
[/quote]

I agree there is no home cooking, that is a myth. Most officials are not from the area they call games in anyway.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1158892" timestamp="1326418121"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=94040.msg1158752#msg1158752 date=1326403042]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey! leave me outta this  ;D  ;)

In 2006 we played buna at Orangefield and beat them 71-36. A lady from Buna was out in the lobby talking on her cell phone and she made the comment " what do you think we are playing in Orangefield". I started to say something but did not, but did that lady honestly think it would have been different at Buna or even at a neutral site. Orangefield was just way better plain and simple. The Buna coaches could have officiated the game and the results would have been the same. Everyone uses the home cooking excuse. It has been around for years and years. Players decide the outcome of a game.

oh i agree for the most part.
for one parents have an emotional attachment to the game due to having children playing.  So when they say anything that has alot of adjectives or adverbs in it....emotions talking....  These parents are the ones that think lil johnny or lil suzie is the best player even though their kid rides the pine and can't figure out why....uhhhhh....they re not very good mom and pops.  REALITY.

I played in a district when barbers hill and HJ were in it....  if you played at barbers hill in the 90s you knew how the refs were going to be same for HJ and i will admit the same for HF....cause i played there.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1159163" timestamp="1326476980"]
for one parents have an emotional attachment to the game due to having children playing.  So when they say anything that has alot of adjectives or adverbs in it....emotions talking....  These parents are the ones that think lil johnny or lil suzie is the best player even though their kid rides the pine and can't figure out why....uhhhhh....they re not very good mom and pops.  REALITY.

I played in a district when barbers hill and HJ were in it....  if you played at barbers hill in the 90s you knew how the refs were going to be same for HJ and i will admit the same for HF....cause i played there.
[/quote]
I think the same mentality that makes parents think that lil Johnny and lil Suzie should be playing is the same mentality that makes parents think that lil Johnny and lil Suzie are going to get the short end of the stick when it comes to calls. The only difference is their lil Johnny or Suzie happens to be playing. No matter what happened it was because you had bad calls against you. Hence, the kids grow up thinking that if things don't go their way it was because they were screwed. The one thing I was proudest about my parents is I never heard them say a bad word about any type of officiating when I played sports. I didn"t realize how special that was until I started reading SETXSports and saw how ridiculous some comments can be about how bad officiating is going to be on a game that hasn't even been played yet. When games were over with we talked about what I did well and what I needed to work on and dad was always ready to help me work on those things. He never made excuses for me. I really admire parents that do the same. Do some refs cheat? Maybe. Are some refs bad at calling games? Sure. Does that need to be a topic of conversation before a game is even played? I don't think so. Just doesn't sound like a good recipe for mental success.

[quote name="shackbully" post="1160512" timestamp="1326640887"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=94040.msg1159163#msg1159163 date=1326476980]

[/quote]
I think the same mentality that makes parents think that lil Johnny and lil Suzie should be playing is the same mentality that makes parents think that lil Johnny and lil Suzie are going to get the short end of the stick when it comes to calls. The only difference is their lil Johnny or Suzie happens to be playing. No matter what happened it was because you had bad calls against you. Hence, the kids grow up thinking that if things don't go their way it was because they were screwed. The one thing I was proudest about my parents is I never heard them say a bad word about any type of officiating when I played sports. I didn"t realize how special that was until I started reading SETXSports and saw how ridiculous some comments can be about how bad officiating is going to be on a game that hasn't even been played yet. When games were over with we talked about what I did well and what I needed to work on and dad was always ready to help me work on those things. He never made excuses for me. I really admire parents that do the same. Do some refs cheat? Maybe. Are some refs bad at calling games? Sure. Does that need to be a topic of conversation before a game is even played? I don't think so. Just doesn't sound like a good recipe for mental success.
[/quote]

Good post Shack, I could not agree more. Back when I played parents said nothing, not even to a coach. Now days the head coaches office is like a revolving door.  ;D I was one of those parents who said nothing. I let my kids right or wrong fight their own battles. If we as parents don't then how will they ever learn. Not saying that method works everytime because all kids are different.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder