119.5 hours

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's just something about this rivalry that is special...the atmosphere is electric....I have never been to any other indoor sporting event where the fans are so passionate....I literally look forward to this game every year..I just wish it could be played in a large enough gym that everyone who wanted to see the game could..it is truly something you will never forget..as ST413 said I love watching these two teams get after each other....good luck to my Hawks..Although our student section has all but gone away, there are plenty of other fans to take their place..

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1156537" timestamp="1326082191"]
There's just something about this rivalry that is special...the atmosphere is electric....I have never been to any other indoor sporting event where the fans are so passionate....I literally look forward to this game every year..I just wish it could be played in a large enough gym that everyone who wanted to see the game could..it is truly something you will never forget..as ST413 said I love watching these two teams get after each other....good luck to my Hawks..Although our student section has all but gone away, there are plenty of other fans to take their place..
[/quote] Poppabearstarr u need to get out more. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="sleepy" post="1156601" timestamp="1326120128"]
I have played in several events that would be considered big stages in the country and world and I have been to even more.  Nothing more I love than a good silsbee vs HJ game.
[/quote] Name Some

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1156592" timestamp="1326119348"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=93943.msg1156574#msg1156574 date=1326117366]
I can assure you that Poppabear is a sophisticated and worldly individual who has witnessed many, many major sports events.
[/quote] Name some ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

The first one that comes to mind is the Twin County Little Dribblers opening game of the season in 2004.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1156609" timestamp="1326120686"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=93943.msg1156592#msg1156592 date=1326119348]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=93943.msg1156574#msg1156574 date=1326117366]
I can assure you that Poppabear is a sophisticated and worldly individual who has witnessed many, many major sports events.
[/quote] Name some ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

The first one that comes to mind is the Twin County Little Dribblers opening game of the season in 2004.
[/quote] 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="sleepy" post="1156601" timestamp="1326120128"]
I have played in several events that would be considered big stages in the country and world and I have been to even more.  Nothing more I love than a good silsbee vs HJ game.
[/quote]

The Watts backyard.  We had some epic games on that court. 

[quote name="86hawk" post="1156619" timestamp="1326121230"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=93943.msg1156601#msg1156601 date=1326120128]
[/quote]

The Watts backyard.  We had some epic games on that court.
[/quote]

I remember one of those games.  The extremely large crowd got so unruly that law enforcement officials had to take action.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1156537" timestamp="1326082191"]
[/quote]

Sounds about as intense as MCM! May skip the Ned/Lumberton game and drive up to Silsbee instead.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1156629" timestamp="1326122534"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93943.msg1156537#msg1156537 date=1326082191]
[/quote]

Sounds about as intense as MCM! May skip the Ned/Lumberton game and drive up to Silsbee instead.
[/quote]

Having started school in Nederland and watching many MCM events, I can honestly say, as far as a indoor events this one is the best I have ever seen...No one in the area can compete with the MCM football games. but we do have a HCH now..."Hardin County Havok"

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1156571" timestamp="1326116558"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=93943.msg1156537#msg1156537 date=1326082191]
[/quote] Poppabearstarr u need to get out more. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I have been to many pro sporting events, Oilers, Astros, Rockets &  at the dome, The Cowboys in the old stadium, and numerous Texans, Aggie games. My bucket list is to go see Duke play at Cameron Indoor, and I have to make it to see the Red socks play at fenway Park.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1156629" timestamp="1326122534"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Better get there EARLY. :D

I absolutely love the HJ/Silsbee games. They are always fantastic, great atmosphere!!

But, having been to both HJ/Silsbee and Beaumont Hebert/Silsbee games(played in those games), I would have to say the Hebert/Silsbee games were a little more intense and exciting.

Hard to imagine, but those Hebert games were very very heated, to say the least.

[quote name="ST413" post="1156673" timestamp="1326126074"]
What was the last year of that rivalry,  I can remember being there but was young enough not to remember much more.  I do remember hearing something about fights among fans after the game.
[/quote]

Hebert's last year was 1982, my senior year. We split in district that year, each winning at home. Both teams were ranked #1 and #2 in state in 4A all year. Played the district playoff game in the Beaumont Civic Center (there was no Montagne at the time). Winner went to the playoffs (back then only the district champion went to the playoffs). Hebert won 60-56 and went on to win the state championship that year.

The next year, Silsbee made it to the state tourney ('83).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami