Favorite memory...

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1156211" timestamp="1326036272"]
2008 Silsbee beat HJ by 12 to go to state for the 1st time in forever.
[/quote]I think Silsbee jumped out to an 18-1 lead (or something like that).  HJ then spent the next 2-1/2 quarters fighting to get back into the game, even taking a 6 or 8 point lead.  In the end, Silsbee came back and won. 

I think Walters lit us up that entire game.  Dude hit about 87 3-pointers!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1156255" timestamp="1326046296"]
A couple of years ago when Central beat Ozen for the first time in like a million years.  Led by Kristain Smith.  You would have had to been there.  It was a long time comming for Central.
[/quote]

This is suppose to be your favorite memory of the "HJ/Silsbee Series"!!!! ;D ;D

I can't remember any of these games the last several years that weren't memorable.  There have definately been some great games,  I hope this year can live up to the past.  The atmosphere alone makes these games memorable.  That is one of my favorite memories,  it is actually a game the Tigers lost.  It was the final district game two years ago.  The Tigers already had the distict title having beaten HJ at home and HJ losing to WOS.  Late in the game HJ's fans were chanting at Silsbee because they were going to win.  The Tiger fans started a "District Champs!!"  chant of their own.  The looks on the faces of some of the players and fans when they realised what that chant was was priceless!!  I have to say that I always want my Tigers to win but after watching both these teams and their players grow up over the last few years it is hard to see either team lose.  Well,  real hard when its the Tigers and a tiny little bit when its the hawks.. ;D ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1156523" timestamp="1326080424"]
I want my favorite memory to take place on January 13, 2012 and then for it to be replaced a couple of weeks later and then about a month after that.
[/quote]

That sounds pretty good hopefully that last one will be a Gaines(since he's a sr) three pointer at the buzzer for the win to send the Tigers to Austin!!

My favorite memory would have to be two games. Two years ago at home and last year at home. Garret Gustafson did the exact same thing to start both games. I believe two years ago, Silsbee won the tip and came down and dunked to start the game, but Gus got the ball, sprinted up the floor, pulled up at the three point line and dropped a three to start the game. Last year, he had the ball at the top, no one was putting pressure, so he pulled up and dropped it through the bottom of the net. Two years straight, started it the same way!  ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder