Doe Pee??

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1148360" timestamp="1324255109"]
i tried to use it as a attractant but no luck. what about the doe calls that you flip upside down and back? do they work good?
[/quote]

Yes. I have brought deer in with them.

It all depends on the mood of the deer and their intent. If they are ready to breed during the rut, some of the scents or noises work well but they are far from guarantees. The area also matter as much as the time. If you are in an area that is heavily populated with does and there is not a lot of competition for them, I think they work less.

The natural order of things is the dominant bucks breed the hot does. There is competition for them as there are with all animals. That is why turkeys strut, deer fight, etc. When you have a 6-1 ratio of does to bucks, you will have first year spikes breeding some of the does. There are simply more does than the dominant bucks can breed while fending off lesser bucks. (If there are any dominant bucks. With the new antler restrictions, hopefully some of them will actually grow into mature bucks)

Take an area with a 1:1 or a 2:1 ratio and the bucks actually have to dominate an area, rattling horns works great. I have rattled up one very good buck in east Texas. Grunt calls will do the same at times and when the ratio is good.

So all of the tricks will work at certain times and in certain areas. It depends on timing, location, the hunter (the best attractant in the world won't help if the deer makes you), the deer herd, etc.

As far as the can calls, I have a nice mature buck about five years ago walking about 50 yards from my bow stand. I just saw him as he was walking away. I bleated that can call a couple of times and just sat there quiet and not moving. A few minutes later I heard a limb crack and looked down and the 9 point was standing under my stand. He came right to the sound of that can when he had been walking away.

There was one (Magical) October morning (the 25th or 26th) about 6yrs ago that my tinks 69 and primo's ( little black) call worked unbelievable.

took two shots at two different bucks within one hour apart.  I thought I was da man... Have never had that kind of success again.. so it has to be timing / married with situation.

I am a big believer that late bow season gives you your best chance in eastex.

I have killed 3 deer (10pt, 9pt and spike late season) in December.. the 10pt(12/24/02) and 9pt(12/7/03) were one year apart in my first two seasons of deer hunting ( thought I was da man again)

but they all have been with rifles just after or during a cold front and no calls or pee involved.

Can someone dial me up a big nasty Northern... We are running out of December fast!!!!!! :D

i was using a doe pee wafer thing a few weeks ago... didn't have anything come in while i was in the stand, but i forgot the wafer hanging on the limb i'd put it on, and got a couple of pics of decent bucks coming in over the next couple of days.  couldn't tell if they came in for the doe pee or what, but it was possible.

• 3 weeks later...
Was hunting on Arizona Creek back in the early 70's and I was sitting in a leantoo down an old tram road.I decided to use some of that 'early' DOE PEE in a bottle to see if I could lure a buck in.30 minutes went by after I had poured this stuff out when lo and behold,not one,not two,not three,but four barkin',howlin' hound dogs came out of the wood work and ruined my hunt.That was the last time I used the stuff.I dont know if it works on bucks or not but it definitely got those dogs attention.

[quote] Was hunting on Arizona Creek back in the early 70's and I was sitting in a leantoo down an old tram road.I decided to use some of that 'early' DOE PEE in a bottle to see if I could lure a buck in.30 minutes went by after I had poured this stuff out when lo and behold,not one,not two,not three,but four barkin',howlin' hound dogs came out of the wood work and ruined my hunt.That was the last time I used the stuff.I dont know if it works on bucks or not but it definitely got those dogs attention.[/quote]

;D ;D

"Doctor Deer", the whitetail guru from Nac says pee dont do squat

[i]■ Scent lures don’t work: Kroll’s research indicates that deer are curious animals that may stop to investigate a new odor in their home territory, but the deer are just as likely to be attracted to human urine or the interior smell of a new car than any commercially marketed sex lure.[/i]

[color=red]http://deerchannel.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/welcome-to-dr-deers-office/[/color]

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1158399" timestamp="1326344092"]
"Doctor Deer", the whitetail guru from Nac says pee dont do squat

[i]■ Scent lures don’t work: Kroll’s research indicates that deer are curious animals that may stop to investigate a new odor in their home territory, but the deer are just as likely to be attracted to human urine or the interior smell of a new car than any commercially marketed sex lure.[/i]

[color=red]http://deerchannel.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/welcome-to-dr-deers-office/[/color]
[/quote]

There is a lot of good information in that article... thanks puddin!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83