Dawson VS Lake Travis

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1140006" timestamp="1323084252"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1139910#msg1139910 date=1323055611]
LT is taking Dawson lightly.. ever since yesterday I have been hearing it will be worse than 2009..... let lt over look Dawson. They will lose
[/quote]

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about LT is that they take no one lightly. The come prepared, they execute, and they have depth times three at all positions. As bad as I'd like to see them taken down, realistically it's just not going to happen at the hands of Dawson. Dawson makes too many mistakes on a regular basis, and their scheme is not liquid enough to adjust to what LT is going to throw at them both defensively and offensively. LT can beat most JC's and lower tier colleges. Their athletes are just that good. It's not fantasy, it's just fact, and just to be truthful, I have seen many LT games and their kids are fired up, but the are humble in victory, and play clean ball. Their coaching staff demands a lot from their players, and one of the biggest demands is discipline. They don't tolerate nonsense, or anything that distracts, deters, or deviates them from their mission. And their mission is simple, win State, PERIOD.

Like it or not, it's a fact. Not saying they can't be beat, just haven't seen a high school team yet that can do it this year. Someone said that this is a very different Dawson team than they saw a few years ago, well this is a very different LT team, the best I've seen on this run of state titles. And that schedule they play in over their just ramps them up for a run every year. Tough neck of the woods.....
[/quote]

Well I guess that is why the games are played on the field and not on paper haha... This seems like the Pearland Trinity game last year. alot of people counted Pearland out because Trinity was bigger faster etc but I know Coach Wells has a few tricks up his sleeves that he hasn't done this year that he has been saving for this game

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1140167" timestamp="1323105681"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=92664.msg1140006#msg1140006 date=1323084252]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1139910#msg1139910 date=1323055611]
LT is taking Dawson lightly.. ever since yesterday I have been hearing it will be worse than 2009..... let lt over look Dawson. They will lose
[/quote]

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about LT is that they take no one lightly. The come prepared, they execute, and they have depth times three at all positions. As bad as I'd like to see them taken down, realistically it's just not going to happen at the hands of Dawson. Dawson makes too many mistakes on a regular basis, and their scheme is not liquid enough to adjust to what LT is going to throw at them both defensively and offensively. LT can beat most JC's and lower tier colleges. Their athletes are just that good. It's not fantasy, it's just fact, and just to be truthful, I have seen many LT games and their kids are fired up, but the are humble in victory, and play clean ball. Their coaching staff demands a lot from their players, and one of the biggest demands is discipline. They don't tolerate nonsense, or anything that distracts, deters, or deviates them from their mission. And their mission is simple, win State, PERIOD.

Like it or not, it's a fact. Not saying they can't be beat, just haven't seen a high school team yet that can do it this year. Someone said that this is a very different Dawson team than they saw a few years ago, well this is a very different LT team, the best I've seen on this run of state titles. And that schedule they play in over their just ramps them up for a run every year. Tough neck of the woods.....
[/quote]

Well I guess that is why the games are played on the field and not on paper haha... This seems like the Pearland Trinity game last year. alot of people counted Pearland out because Trinity was bigger faster etc but I know Coach Wells has a few tricks up his sleeves that he hasn't done this year that he has been saving for this game
[/quote]

And Pearland/Trinty 2010 has what to do with LT? Neither of those teams are even in the same spectrim talent wise. This Dawson team is almost the same as the Dawson team that was suppose to roll over Montgomery last year in the third round, and got sent home. It was a great game, and was one with less that two minutes left on the clock. 1:43 if I remember, and we drove the ball 81 yards on the ground in 5 plays for the winning TD, leaving 41 seconds on the clock. It's also the same team that was stonewalled on the goal line with two first and goals from inside the five, and was stopped in four downs both times. So if you are going to talk about last season, at least talk about the team in question, not two totally different schools.

LT by 28 points or more.

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1140167" timestamp="1323105681"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=92664.msg1140006#msg1140006 date=1323084252]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I guess that is why the games are played on the field and not on paper haha... This seems like the Pearland Trinity game last year. alot of people counted Pearland out because Trinity was bigger faster etc but [b]I know Coach Wells has a few tricks up his sleeves that he hasn't done this year that he has been saving for this game[/b]
[/quote]
Tricks won't work against a disciplined team like LT.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1140326" timestamp="1323120382"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1140167#msg1140167 date=1323105681]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Pearland/Trinty 2010 has what to do with LT? Neither of those teams are even in the same spectrim talent wise. This Dawson team is almost the same as the Dawson team that was suppose to roll over Montgomery last year in the third round, and got sent home. It was a great game, and was one with less that two minutes left on the clock. 1:43 if I remember, and we drove the ball 81 yards on the ground in 5 plays for the winning TD, leaving 41 seconds on the clock. It's also the same team that was stonewalled on the goal line with two first and goals from inside the five, and was stopped in four downs both times. So if you are going to talk about last season, at least talk about the team in question, not two totally different schools.

LT by 28 points or more.
[/quote]I'm pretty sure he was only speaking of the upset factor when he was speaking of Pearland/Trinity.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1140326" timestamp="1323120382"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1140167#msg1140167 date=1323105681]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LT by 28 points or more.
[/quote]

Same team? you must not know alot about Dawson than. Last year we were rebuilding. Replacing 5 offensive starters including a all district running back quarterback and the best offensive line in the Houston area in 4A. This team is more balanced. First time in Dawson history we have had a qb throw for more than 3000 yard and a runnigback rush for more than 1500 yards in the same year. If it was the same team we would not be in this spot Angleton would. If you remember last year that team was not as confident as this team was and deserves to be. Oh but what do I know I guess that is why Montgomery turned there equipment in and Dawson is still playing

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1140479" timestamp="1323139603"]
Just talked to my cousin he is the quarterback for lake travis he got banged up last week but said he has practied all week and that the Dawson defence has looked good at times and sometimes not so good
[/quote]

Well I hope he is 100 percent by friday! Wish him a safe recovery!

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1140489" timestamp="1323141771"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92664.msg1140479#msg1140479 date=1323139603]
Just talked to my cousin he is the quarterback for lake travis he got banged up last week but said he has practied all week and that the Dawson defence has looked good at times and sometimes not so good
[/quote]

[/quote] he says he will be thought he may of had concussion but went to Dr. and said false alarm

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1140497" timestamp="1323143251"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1140489#msg1140489 date=1323141771]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92664.msg1140479#msg1140479 date=1323139603]
[/quote]

[/quote] he says he will be thought he may of had concussion but went to Dr. and said false alarm
[/quote]

Well thats good can't wait till friday!

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1140516" timestamp="1323145521"]
[quote author=GGilbert 7 2010 link=topic=92664.msg1140507#msg1140507 date=1323144362]
Yeah me either the alamodome will be rockin we have had our state champ tickets for 2 weeks now
[/quote]

Well maybe after friday night that will be our state championship tickets!
[/quote]yes sir i hope you are right i just dont see a way that dawson can keep up with lake travis but there is a reason why you play the game cause you just never know

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1143133" timestamp="1323479763"]
Why was LT high school and middle school on lock-down  today?
[/quote]

[url=http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/report-of-armed-man-near-lake-travis-hs]http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/report-of-armed-man-near-lake-travis-hs[/url]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder