LaMarque vs Manvel

vpdb78

[quote name="coog78" post="1133486" timestamp="1322494273"]
[quote author=olc71749 link=topic=92295.msg1133452#msg1133452 date=1322490230]
Manvel by 21! La marque hasnt improved since their last beat down by them!
[/quote]We also beat a very good Dawson team thats playing in this round also.So how in the heck we haven't got any better.
[/quote]

cause dawson is alright. its pretty good. but did you see how bad manvel beat them? you guys barley beat dawson. Manvel ran all over them

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coog78" post="1133486" timestamp="1322494273"]
[quote author=olc71749 link=topic=92295.msg1133452#msg1133452 date=1322490230]
Manvel by 21! La marque hasnt improved since their last beat down by them!
[/quote]We also beat a very good Dawson team thats playing in this round also.So how in the heck we haven't got any better.
[/quote]I apologise it wasnt a beat down, but I see Manvel going to state, good luck to your coogs!

RHBoiler you sound very level headed. Yes, I am referring to the LM vrs Oz game. The first incident (fourth quarter) was two players in a he said she said pushing match on the Ozen side line. However, a few more Ozen players joined the fracas either as close observers or participants ( I could not see the details clearly) and The LaMarque bench wrongfully emptied to the Ozen side. This skirmish was halted by the coaches from both teams very quickly.
The game ended with very little emotion from either side. Actually, I observed (sitting on the LaMarque side) that players from both teams especially Ozen were smiling and offering congrats in a friendly manner. LaMarque appeared to graciously accept the comments. At that time I noticed that a Ozen player was trying to interupt the line in the middle of the field (#6) and an Ozen coach was really trying to man handle him away from the still hand shaking line. The coach appeared to pull him from the line but the player then (along with others) then moved to block the LaMarque teams exit to the dressing rooms. It was at this point that the teams collided and all hell broke loose. It would be impossible for me to watch the number of altercations and crowds of players and policemen and be accurate in stating who started and who stopped....... However, I will accurately note that the police seemed way more to concentrate on the Ozen individuals and still photos appear to verify that fact. I think it is important to note that much of the activity was at the LaMarque exit,leaving one to wonder why Ozen would have been located there and considering who won and who lost...well????? As I stated, the films will appear and better observations than mine will be easy to establish. Meanwhile raging back and forth on these sites is all it is.....raging back and forth on these sites.

Oh my, such hate for my COOGS.  I wonder why, Hmm.  Now about our next game against Manvel.  Manvel is a very good team and it wont be as easy to defeat them and move on to the next round of playoffs as it was last year, but WE ARE  LA MARQUE COUGARS- W-H-O-O-S-H.  May the best team win! 

[quote name="wombat" post="1133513" timestamp="1322496386"]
RHBoiler you sound very level headed. Yes, I am referring to the LM vrs Oz game. The first incident (fourth quarter) was two players in a he said she said pushing match on the Ozen side line. However, a few more Ozen players joined the fracas either as close observers or participants ( I could not see the details clearly) and The LaMarque bench wrongfully emptied to the Ozen side. This skirmish was halted by the coaches from both teams very quickly.
The game ended with very little emotion from either side. Actually, I observed (sitting on the LaMarque side) that players from both teams especially Ozen were smiling and offering congrats in a friendly manner. LaMarque appeared to graciously accept the comments. At that time I noticed that a Ozen player was trying to interupt the line in the middle of the field (#6) and an Ozen coach was really trying to man handle him away from the still hand shaking line. The coach appeared to pull him from the line but the player then (along with others) then moved to block the LaMarque teams exit to the dressing rooms. It was at this point that the teams collided and all heck broke loose. It would be impossible for me to watch the number of altercations and crowds of players and policemen and be accurate in stating who started and who stopped....... However, I will accurately note that the police seemed way more to concentrate on the Ozen individuals and still photos appear to verify that fact. I think it is important to note that much of the activity was at the LaMarque exit,leaving one to wonder why Ozen would have been located there and considering who won and who lost...well????? As I stated, the films will appear and better observations than mine will be easy to establish. Meanwhile raging back and forth on these sites is all it is.....raging back and forth on these sites.
[/quote]
This is exactly what i explained earlier, but apparently they need to hear it from someone NOT in coognation. Ozen players ended up fight near la marque's side. How could that happen if they were suppose to be going the other direction.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1133535" timestamp="1322497651"]
[quote author=wombat link=topic=92295.msg1133513#msg1133513 date=1322496386]
The game ended with very little emotion from either side. Actually, I observed (sitting on the LaMarque side) that players from both teams especially Ozen were smiling and offering congrats in a friendly manner. LaMarque appeared to graciously accept the comments. At that time I noticed that a Ozen player was trying to interupt the line in the middle of the field (#6) and an Ozen coach was really trying to man handle him away from the still hand shaking line. The coach appeared to pull him from the line but the player then (along with others) then moved to block the LaMarque teams exit to the dressing rooms. It was at this point that the teams collided and all heck broke loose. It would be impossible for me to watch the number of altercations and crowds of players and policemen and be accurate in stating who started and who stopped....... However, I will accurately note that the police seemed way more to concentrate on the Ozen individuals and still photos appear to verify that fact. I think it is important to note that much of the activity was at the LaMarque exit,leaving one to wonder why Ozen would have been located there and considering who won and who lost...well????? As I stated, the films will appear and better observations than mine will be easy to establish. Meanwhile raging back and forth on these sites is all it is.....raging back and forth on these sites.
[/quote]
This is exactly what i explained earlier, but apparently they need to hear it from someone NOT in coognation. Ozen players ended up fight near la marque's side. How could that happen if they were suppose to be going the other direction.
[/quote] This topic has it's own thread. This one is LM VS MANVEL

Excuse me if this goes a little off topic but... I am new to the message board thing but I enjoy chewing on the stats..
I see 3 quarterfinal, same district match-ups:
District 8 Killeen vs Waco-Midway 
Dist 25 Lake Travis vs Cedar Park 
Dist 24 Manvel vs La Marque
I know a little something about dist 24
and of course I've heard about LT
none about dist 8
are these districts consistent in their output(maybe more than 1 round deep in the playoffs)

[quote name="MavDad2012" post="1133785" timestamp="1322513706"]
Excuse me if this goes a little off topic but... I am new to the message board thing but I enjoy chewing on the stats..
I see 3 quarterfinal, same district match-ups:
District 8 Killeen vs Waco-Midway 
Dist 25 Lake Travis vs Cedar Park 
Dist 24 Manvel vs La Marque
I know a little something about dist 24
and of course I've heard about LT
none about dist 8
are these districts consistent in their output(maybe more than 1 round deep in the playoffs)
[/quote]Mavdad if you want to talk football go to coogsports net.The 24AAAA is a lot more friendly.

[quote name="dayton" post="1134456" timestamp="1322586954"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=92295.msg1134411#msg1134411 date=1322584513]
Maybe I missed it but when/where is this game?
[/quote]

Galena Park Stadium - Saturday - 2pm
[/quote]Is the visitors side pretty roomy?  I hope so cause Manvel comes pretty deep!

[quote name="knightrider" post="1134740" timestamp="1322604028"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=92295.msg1134736#msg1134736 date=1322603837]
It's the largest high school stadium that I'm aware of in the area....so I'd say yes.
[/quote]Seats bout 11,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]Cool... Thanks.

[quote name="invictus" post="1134996" timestamp="1322620796"]
Manvel - 55
LaMarque - 6

Are there metal detectors at the stadium?  If so, most of LaMarque's fans probably won't be allowed in.
[/quote]

You're smokin. Manvel stopped LM inside the 10 three times and scored on a busted coverage in a 29-14 home win. On a neutral field in the playoffs and with everything on the line, It'll be a nail biter.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1135004" timestamp="1322621067"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92295.msg1134996#msg1134996 date=1322620796]
Manvel - 55
LaMarque - 6

Are there metal detectors at the stadium?  If so, most of LaMarque's fans probably won't be allowed in.
[/quote]

You're smokin. Manvel stopped LM inside the 10 three times and scored on a busted coverage in a 29-14 home win. On a neutral field in the playoffs and with everything on the line, It'll be a nail biter.
[/quote]

What goes around comes around....eventually.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1135004" timestamp="1322621067"]
Manvel - 55
LaMarque - 6

[/quote]

[/quote]Manvel dropped a TD in the endzone too!

[quote name="songone" post="1135008" timestamp="1322621274"]
[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92295.msg1135004#msg1135004 date=1322621067]
Manvel - 55
LaMarque - 6

[/quote]

[/quote]Manvel dropped a TD in the endzone too!
[/quote]
Look no doubt Manvel is very impressive, but LM tends to play better in the playoffs so we'll see. LM's coach was worried about showin too much last week and basically ran only a few plays. I bet he throws the ball more than 4 times next week.

[quote name="invictus" post="1135006" timestamp="1322621150"]
[quote author=TEXNIFICENT link=topic=92295.msg1135004#msg1135004 date=1322621067]
Manvel - 55
LaMarque - 6

[/quote]

[/quote]

What goes around comes around....eventually.
[/quote]

C'mon dude, 10 State Championship game appeareances w/ 5 State Titles since 1986. Thats one appearance every couple of years. You have to admit, that's a lot of "GOING AROUND"!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics