Nederland vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/Nederland wins!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure tonight was the ugliest game I've seen in a long time. It's a win and we'll take it but by the end I was about ready to shoot myself in the foot. That seemed to be a popular thing to do. GCM was the most undisciplined "football team" I can remember seeing at varsity level. Someone could make a lotta cash clipping vocal cords with that bunch of geniuses. They had more penalties for mouthing than offensive output (well probably not but it sure seemed that way.) Neds defense was pretty good but if the dogs want to get past next week some phases of the offense (including some play calling) need addressing. I hope to wake up tomorrow, forget this game and watch PNG play. Maybe it's the full moon but IMO this deal was crazy. On a lighter note 19 4A is having their collective *sses handed to em. I predict that in the next couple days they will squeal like shoats (little pigs) bein mauled by housecats, then maybe go away. Pull it together dogs. You'll be fine. Next round you might see a real football team instead of what passes for football in 19-4A. ;)

Nederland 24, Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 6 - Final
Nederland Overall: 10-1 District: 7-0
Baytown Goose Creek Memorial Overall: 4-7 District: 4-3
BOXSCORE
Friday November 11, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Nederland 7 3 7 7 24
Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 6 0 0 0 6
Scoring summary
GCM -- Deandre Durden 1-yard run (kick failed), 06:19, 1st.
NED -- Brett Brown 43-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 05:01, 1st.
NED -- Tanner Noel 27-yard field goal, 00:09, 2nd.
NED -- Korey Hopkins 15-yard fumble recovery (Tanner Noel kick), 11:06, 3rd.
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 6-yard run (Tanner Noel kick), 03:26, 4th.
Team Stats
Nederland Baytown Goose Creek Memorial
Total yards 202 237
First downs 12 11
Rushes/Yds 31/180 35/203
Average rush 5.81 5.8
Comp/Atts 3/13/0 4/14/1
Pass yards 22 34
Comp pct 23.08 28.57
Punts 4 2
Punting Yards 157 90
Punting Average 39.25 45
Fumbles/Lost 3/1 4/2
Penalties-yards 1-5 13-121

Sloppiest game we have played all year on offense, but we will take an 18 point win! Play calling and execution should improve next week...

GCM's #2 on defense was Nederland's best offensive weapon on one drive, I think he committed 3 big penalties in a row before coaches pulled him out.  sandlot football is a good description of GCM's offensive scheme, but I thought their defense was pretty solid most of the game, their secondary kept knocking passes down and Raines had a couple batted at the line of scrimmage.
With more discipline the Patriots have the potential to be a pretty good team, IMO. 
Congrats to the 'Dogs on the win and hope #45 is all right.  I know it looked like he had a pretty serious knee/ankle/foot injury.

GCM played a great game, score doesn't show it, but that pass protection they had on the Dogs was probably the best I have ever seen in High School Football....At times I thought our receivers had slowed down just a second to shake them but those guys were GOOD....Once again the Dogs D does it Again....That hit the Dogs put on GC that popped the ball up in the air and allowed the D to score, dang what a hit and who made it, I wasn't able to tell?  Great job Bulldogs and Good Luck next week....

At times, GCM was the best player on our team. Just when you think they stopped us, they would get a numbskull penalty. What was really sad was they were good calls. GCM.....a totally undisciplined team. None of the coaches got in their face for any of the personal fouls......unbelievable.

Go Dogs!!!

[quote name="baddog" post="1114918" timestamp="1321120892"]
At times, GCM was the best player on our team. Just when you think they stopped us, they would get a numbskull penalty. What was really sad was they were good calls. GCM.....a totally undisciplined team. None of the coaches got in their face for any of the personal fouls......unbelievable.

Go Dogs!!!
[/quote]

My guess is that they don't have a 'Jack Lynch' as a middle school coach who teaches discipline early which carries into HS and for the rest of your life!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1114933" timestamp="1321121307"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=91354.msg1114918#msg1114918 date=1321120892]

Go Dogs!!!
[/quote]

My guess is that they don't have a 'Jack Lynch' as a middle school coach who teaches discipline early which carries into HS and for the rest of your life!

[/quote]

Agree.....if players are not reprimanded for personal fouls, then it is condoned and considered coached in my book. Coaches should jump their arse for numbskull penalties......especially personal fouls. Oh well.....

Guest UHCoog14
Are you serious? Those players were "addressed" on the sidelines. Coach Boyd proved with the suspensions last week that the type of behavior displayed will not be tolerated.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1114981" timestamp="1321123023"]
The point that I am trying to make is that these issues should be addressed earlier in middle school. The coach who I was referring to has been coaching@ CO  wilson middle school for more than 40 years.
[/quote]

I have heard of coach Lynch.

I guess coach Boyd has some more suspensions in store. Have to wait a while to take effect.

Guest UHCoog14
Probably not. Those guys were Seniors playing in their last football game ever. They lost their composure and were penalized for it. The hope is that the  younger guys see how not to react.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1114971" timestamp="1321122665"]
Are you serious? Those players were "addressed" on the sidelines. Coach Boyd proved with the suspensions last week that the type of behavior displayed will not be tolerated.
[/quote]
These boys should know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated long before the game or the season starts for that matter. No consistency with the discipline on this team and he does not have the respect of his players. This is a fact! This coach may be a little misunderstood and nothing personally against him, but he has to make his players believe that he legitamately cares about them. Not saying that he doesn't care, just does not show it. The coach may not like to have to play some kind of "father figure" to many of these kids, but the reality is that it is the right thing to do, especially when they do not have one. Just Sayin!

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1116193" timestamp="1321156784"]
Nederland vs Houston Stratford @ 1:00 PM Saturday @ Galena Park!
[/quote]

I will be there to cheer for the Dogs!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833