[quote name="cbear4" post="1108160" timestamp="1320704863"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=91032.msg1108034#msg1108034 date=1320697481]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=91032.msg1108029#msg1108029 date=1320697172]
Friday September 2, 2011 7:00pm

1  2    3    4  Total
Nederland                                7  17  14  0    38
Baytown Goose Creek Memorial    7    0    7    6    20

Scoring summary
NED -- Carson Raines 1-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 05:30, 1st.
GCM -- Deandre Durden 15-yard run (Andre Ollivierre kick), 03:02, 1st.
NED -- Daniel Atterberry 5-yard pass from Carson Raines (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 10:34, 2nd.
NED -- Troy Benjamin 28-yard run (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 03:35, 2nd.
NED -- Cole Ogrydziak 41-yard field goal, 00:32, 2nd.
NED -- Seth Barrow 32-yard pass from Carson Raines (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 03:26, 3rd.
GCM -- Deandre Durden 18-yard run (Andre Ollivierre kick), 02:40, 3rd.
NED -- Michael Shaw 50-yard pass from Carson Raines (Cole Ogrydziak kick), 01:12, 3rd.
GCM -- Isaiah Wimberly 5-yard run (kick failed), 06:33, 4th.

Nederland      Baytown Goose Creek Memorial
Total yards                371                          323
First downs                  18                            13
Rushes/Yds                39/170                    31/278
Average rush              4.36                        8.97
Comp/Atts              14/20/0                      4/12/1
Pass yards                  201                            45
Comp pct                    70                            33.33
Punts                          3                              2
Punting Yards              61                              85
Punting Average          20.33                          42.5
Fumbles/Lost              0/0                              [b]3/2 [/b]
Penalties-yards          0-0                              7-45

Complete domination?
[/quote]

And like I said in my original post, if you have reasoning behind why you think I'm wrong, I'd be glad to hear it....
[/quote]
If I remember right. GCM fumbled on the Nederland 1 yard line on the QB/Center exchange and then fumbled again inside thier own 2 yard line and Nederland scored the next play. 14 point swing.... GCM did themselves in in this game but were far from being dominated. Pats is just stating the obvious without bias.

Domination is the 14-14 tie with BH turning into a 2nd half track meet! Same way with Manvel.. GCM has had their troubles finishing and will have to find a way to limit mistakes or they will be done.
[/quote]

Who else has averaged 9 yards a carry against Nederland this year?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HubTx" post="1108023" timestamp="1320696847"]
Why is PNG at 90% for me? They are hotter than anyone else in SETX right now.... Chase Bertrand has established himself as one of the best backs in the area over the last few weeks (As if he had any more to prove) and their defense has done their job....  I think PNG wins and wins it by 14....

Why is Vidor at 90% for me? Defense... They are the best equipped team to slow down the Crosby twins in 20-4A.... Vidor has eliminated one key thing from the last few seasons and that's turnovers.... They hold on to the football for 7 minutes at a time and get points, not turnovers....  Vidor will win this one in a low scoring game....

And Nederland is a for sure for me because they are the best team in 20-4A and GCM does not have enough to keep up with them.... I for one don't think GCM would beat any of the four 20-4A playoff teams.... Nederland's defense allowed around 13 points per game before the Ozen game, and I haven't seen the average since.... And ask people from BH, Nederland should have beaten them.... What did you do against BH?

And while I agree, Barbers Hill is a better team than Ozen, I believe that Ozen is going to provide matchup problems for the Eagles.... BH will have to find a way to corral some of that speed on Ozen's offensive unit, and they'll have to figure out a way to run it over Ozen's defense, because they WON'T run it AROUND them....

Now, if you would like to offer your opinions and give me reason other than "I'm from Dayton" or "I go to school at Goose Creek Memorial" then I'd be glad to listen!!!
[/quote]
I never really predict anything on here but I predict Crosby will score 30 against Vidor. Vidor may keep the ball 7 minutes at a time but it only takes them a couple of plays or couple of minutes to score. Vidor will have success running the football as well. I mean have you seen these two Sophs? Very dangerous!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="cbear4" post="1108172" timestamp="1320705304"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=91032.msg1108023#msg1108023 date=1320696847]
Why is PNG at 90% for me? They are hotter than anyone else in SETX right now.... Chase Bertrand has established himself as one of the best backs in the area over the last few weeks (As if he had any more to prove) and their defense has done their job....  I think PNG wins and wins it by 14....

Why is Vidor at 90% for me? Defense... They are the best equipped team to slow down the Crosby twins in 20-4A.... Vidor has eliminated one key thing from the last few seasons and that's turnovers.... They hold on to the football for 7 minutes at a time and get points, not turnovers....  Vidor will win this one in a low scoring game....

And Nederland is a for sure for me because they are the best team in 20-4A and GCM does not have enough to keep up with them.... I for one don't think GCM would beat any of the four 20-4A playoff teams.... Nederland's defense allowed around 13 points per game before the Ozen game, and I haven't seen the average since.... And ask people from BH, Nederland should have beaten them.... What did you do against BH?

And while I agree, Barbers Hill is a better team than Ozen, I believe that Ozen is going to provide matchup problems for the Eagles.... BH will have to find a way to corral some of that speed on Ozen's offensive unit, and they'll have to figure out a way to run it over Ozen's defense, because they WON'T run it AROUND them....

Now, if you would like to offer your opinions and give me reason other than "I'm from Dayton" or "I go to school at Goose Creek Memorial" then I'd be glad to listen!!!
[/quote]
I never really predict anything on here but I predict Crosby will score 30 against Vidor. Vidor may keep the ball 7 minutes at a time but it only takes them a couple of plays or couple of minutes to score. Vidor will have success running the football as well. I mean have you seen these two Sophs? Very dangerous!
[/quote]
Not any more dangerous than Green and Jones from ozen or bertand and nelson from png. We've seen speed before and handled it well. There hasn't been one team this year that has scored at will on us. Our defense has not given up a play more than 50 yards all season. And yall defense is lacking to say the least so i think it will be Vidor that will be scoring quickly and Crosby that will struggle against the Vidor defense.

I love it....

I never said I was posting "facts" I said I was posting my reasoning as to why I felt the way I feel....

If Crosby scores 30 against Vidor they will win....

And if you think I feel this way because I think 20-4A is the only district that improves during the season, or that 20-4A fans know more about football than anyone else.... You don't know what you're talking about because I'm not even a fan of a 20-4A school, nor do I live in a 20-4A district, or any of that.... I look at what teams have done and watch teams play and form my opinion....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1108209" timestamp="1320707421"]
I love it....

I never said I was posting "facts" I said I was posting my reasoning as to why I felt the way I feel....

If Crosby scores 30 against Vidor they will win....

And if you think I feel this way because I think 20-4A is the only district that improves during the season, or that 20-4A fans know more about football than anyone else.... You don't know what you're talking about because I'm not even a fan of a 20-4A school, nor do I live in a 20-4A district, or any of that.... I look at what teams have done and watch teams play and form my opinion....
[/quote]Hub, You should know by now that you can't give an opinion on here....If its not what some people want to here they try and twist your words into something its not.

I say Nederland beats the Pats:
Ned 41
GCM 21

Nederland's offense did not start clicking until after the midway point in the season, and they still scored 38 on GCM in the beginning of the season. Neds 'D' causes chaos for opposing offenses, and those two fumbles are a big reason the Dogs won. All year, many opponents fans said their team would have won, but they fumbled, or they threw Ints, or... TOs are huge in FB, and Nederland has created them all year in crucial moments of games. I believe their defense does it again!

PNG wins over Dayton in a shootout
Vidor wins over Crosby in a low scoring game
BH wins over Ozen by containing Green and company

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1108197" timestamp="1320706722"]
Not any more dangerous than Green and Jones from ozen or bertand and nelson from png. We've seen speed before and handled it well. There hasn't been one team this year that has scored at will on us. [b]Our defense has not given up a play more than 50 yards all season.[/b] And yall defense is lacking to say the least so i think it will be Vidor that will be scoring quickly and Crosby that will struggle against the Vidor defense.
[/quote]

that streak is likely to end this week. Unfamiliarity with the Cougs alone will cause this. Those twins are more of a homerun threat than bertrand and Nelson are RUNNING the football. Haven't seen Green. I'm not predicting any games though. Good luck to all.

I know scrimmages don't count, but didn't Dayton scrimmage Nederland? Obviously, there was a disparity between the talent level of the two teams. I do remember the outcome of the GCM/Dayton game.  I put these facts into a magic paper bag and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE. Now I apply the mysterious SETX Sports logic to this enigma and SHAZAAAM......GCM surprises East Texas and knocks Big Ned out in the first round.

Gas meet fire.

Broncos will run all over [color=purple][b]P[/b][/color]igs[color=purple][b]NG[/b][/color]oats

Pats will chain up the Pups

Cougars will shread the Pilates

Eagles will soar over the hello Kitties

Just a little friendly smackin' between districts. Lets have a good set of injury free games.

Now 19-4A go kick some butt.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="1108267" timestamp="1320710734"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=91032.msg1108197#msg1108197 date=1320706722]
Not any more dangerous than Green and Jones from ozen or bertand and nelson from png. We've seen speed before and handled it well. There hasn't been one team this year that has scored at will on us. [b]Our defense has not given up a play more than 50 yards all season.[/b] And yall defense is lacking to say the least so i think it will be Vidor that will be scoring quickly and Crosby that will struggle against the Vidor defense.
[/quote]

that streak is likely to end this week. Unfamiliarity with the Cougs alone will cause this. Those twins are more of a homerun threat than bertrand and Nelson are RUNNING the football. Haven't seen Green.[b] I'm not predicting any games though. Good luck to all.[/b][/quote]

I wish I had seen this before my last post.... I might have followed your lead. Dang!
Nah it's much more fun smackin'.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1108282" timestamp="1320711421"]
Crosby?  Vidor can do it.  Enjoy the twins playing round ball
20-4A WINS AGAIN!!!!
[/quote]

The twins don't play basketball. Why did you assume they did?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1108313" timestamp="1320713231"]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=91032.msg1108282#msg1108282 date=1320711421]
20-4A WINS AGAIN!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]Probably because they are very good atheletes and alot of your studs in football are some pretty good BB players...That would have been my assumption anyways.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1108319" timestamp="1320713429"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=91032.msg1108313#msg1108313 date=1320713231]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=91032.msg1108282#msg1108282 date=1320711421]
20-4A WINS AGAIN!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]Probably because they are very good atheletes and alot of your studs in football are some pretty good BB players...That would have been my assumption anyways.
[/quote]

atheletes - only!!  I talk trash, but not that way ;)

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="GCMPats" post="1108304" timestamp="1320712671"]
Let's see....name one Nederland player?
[/quote]

Micah Mosley of course.

I've never rooted for the cougars in my entire life. 

With that said, I dont think they will have a problem beating any limp wristed 20-4A team.  Especially a team like Vidor.  I know Vidor has Don Quijote on defense, but he has been playing against inferior competition since district play began, so maybe that Vidor D is a little over-rated.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder