Barber's Hill vs. Ozen

Vpirate

[quote name="baddog" post="1106954" timestamp="1320604075"]
Ozen, play some defense and get some stops. I know you will put up some points. Cut out the miscues. And play solid. Looking for a deep run.

Go 20-4A!
[/quote]

I've pulled for Ozen all year, but I'm afraid we can't let their playoff run be a long one.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1106965" timestamp="1320604699"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90998.msg1106954#msg1106954 date=1320604075]
Ozen, play some defense and get some stops. I know you will put up some points. Cut out the miscues. And play solid. Looking for a deep run.

Go 20-4A!
[/quote]

I've pulled for Ozen all year, but I'm afraid we can't let their playoff run be a long one.
[/quote]

I thought the winner of this game plays Kingwood Park ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1106972" timestamp="1320604969"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=90998.msg1106965#msg1106965 date=1320604699]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90998.msg1106954#msg1106954 date=1320604075]

Go 20-4A!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought the winner of this game plays Kingwood Park ;D
[/quote]

I wouldn't bet the farm on that! ;)

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1106994" timestamp="1320606636"]
The Hill couldn't beat there way out of a wet paper bag.
Ozen 21
another 19-4A 1 and done 7
[/quote]

Man that’s an oldie but a goodie LOL 8) So if we beat Ozen then that would make them what??  I love this smack though, but I feel bad for Ozen because right now all of your 20-4A buddies are touting you as the most dangerous team entering the playoffs. Now when BH wins we will be told next year that the only time we ever got past the 1st round was against the worst team in 20-4A history. If we lose we will also hear about how we got beat by a mediocre Ozen football team. No win sistuation for Ozen. I hope to see a good game, BH will have it together and ready to Friday!

Ozen is a bit of a jeckyl and Hyde team, but make no mistake, they are very dangerous offensively...best offensive team Nederland faced by far...they seem to be figuring things out at the right time...this could be an upset...If BH can control the clock and keep that offense off of the field, they will win...if not, big trouble...I will take the upset special and go Ozen 35, BH 28

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1107132" timestamp="1320615792"]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=90998.msg1106994#msg1106994 date=1320606636]
Ozen 21
[/quote]

Man that’s an oldie but a goodie LOL 8) So if we beat Ozen then that would make them what??  I love this smack though, but I feel bad for Ozen because right now all of your 20-4A buddies are touting you as the most dangerous team entering the playoffs. Now when BH wins we will be told next year that the only time we ever got past the 1st round was against the worst team in 20-4A
history. If we lose we will also hear about how we got beat by a mediocre Ozen football team. No win sistuation for Ozen. I hope to see a good game, BH will have it together and ready to Friday!
[/quote]

Quit trying to predict what people will say. If you beat Ozen, I will be the first to say you earned it. When I said they had the best offense we played this year, I was not lying. You will see.

[quote name="Razor" post="1107219" timestamp="1320622152"]
Ozen is a bit of a jeckyl and Hyde team, but make no mistake, they are very dangerous offensively...best offensive team Nederland faced by far...they seem to be figuring things out at the right time...this could be an upset...If BH can control the clock and keep that offense off of the field, they will win...if not, big trouble...I will take the upset special and go Ozen 35, BH 28
[/quote]i love that description of them.  Dr.Jeckyl/ Mr  Hyde.  Their either really good or relly bad. At the same time, when theyre playing bad, at the drop of a hat, they are back to playing really good football.

[quote name="baddog" post="1107224" timestamp="1320622563"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90998.msg1107132#msg1107132 date=1320615792]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=90998.msg1106994#msg1106994 date=1320606636]
Ozen 21
[/quote]

Man that’s an oldie but a goodie LOL 8) So if we beat Ozen then that would make them what??  I love this smack though, but I feel bad for Ozen because right now all of your 20-4A buddies are touting you as the most dangerous team entering the playoffs. Now when BH wins we will be told next year that the only time we ever got past the 1st round was against the worst team in 20-4A
history. If we lose we will also hear about how we got beat by a mediocre Ozen football team. No win sistuation for Ozen. I hope to see a good game, BH will have it together and ready to Friday!
[/quote]

Quit trying to predict what people will say. If you beat Ozen, I will be the first to say you earned it. When I said they had the best offense we played this year, I was not lying. You will see.
[/quote]

I just know all of the BH haters out there and they are just waiting for this one. Not speaking for everyone, but you will see the ones on here making ignorant comments whether BH wins or loses. You don't have to tell me about thier offense i can see the stats they are putting up and took notice when they took Ned into the 40 's. BH will have to play mistake free ball or they will be sitting home game two instead of beating Brenham 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1107311" timestamp="1320627874"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90998.msg1107224#msg1107224 date=1320622563]
Ozen 21
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just know all of the BH haters out there and they are just waiting for this one. Not speaking for everyone, but you will see the ones on here making ignorant comments whether BH wins or loses. You don't have to tell me about thier offense i can see the stats they are putting up and took notice when they took Ned into the 40 's. [b]BH will have to play mistake free ball[/b] or they will be sitting home game two instead of beating Brenham 8)
[/quote]You are correct.....Ozen is a defensive coordinators nightmare..Jones at running back is a handful and Green can burn you with pass but hes at his best when he breaks containment..IMO..Ozen has to minimize the mistakes that have hurt them earlier in the year and I believe they beat the Hill by 10

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1107132" timestamp="1320615792"]
Ozen 21
[/quote]

Man that’s an oldie but a goodie LOL 8) So if we beat Ozen then that would make them what??  I love this smack though, but I feel bad for Ozen because right now all of your 20-4A buddies are touting you as the most dangerous team entering the playoffs. [b]Now when BH wins we will be told next year that the only time we ever got past the 1st round was against the worst team in 20-4A history. If we lose we will also hear about how we got beat by a mediocre Ozen football team[/b]. No win sistuation for Ozen. I hope to see a good game, BH will have it together and ready to Friday!
[/quote]

Yeah...pretty much the angle I would take lol  :)

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Ozen's defense is not disciplined enough to stop Barbers Hill.  The veer is so hard to stop for 4 quarters and BH has some nice little wrinkles and they will bait you into some tough spots. Denny manages the offense well.  Ozen poses some big matchup problems with their athleticism but BH has faced Dayton, Crosby, Lee, and Nederland -- all teams that have some good athletes. Barbers Hill is ready to get over the first round hump, Ozen is still ascending program-wise, but not quite ready for an offense that requires perfect assignment responsibility. It's almost as if the Eagles lull you to sleep with their methodical nature.

BH 35
Ozen 20

Don't know how ozen matches up with barbershill, but one thing is for sure though jacoby jones is gonna make barbers hill wish they had played png instead lol. Ozen is hungry and th qb is waking up from his slumber. The hill will have to bring their A game to get a win, me myself after hearing about crosby slapping around the hill this weekend, I like ozen by a touchdown.  Too much speed for the buzzards to handle, word to the wise Mr excitement is coming!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1107368" timestamp="1320631414"]
Don't know how ozen matches up with barbershill, but one thing is for sure though jacoby jones is gonna make barbers hill wish they had played png instead lol. Ozen is hungry and th qb is waking up from his slumber. The hill will have to bring their A game to get a win, me myself after hearing about crosby slapping around the hill this weekend, I like ozen by a touchdown.  Too much speed for the buzzards to handle, word to the wise Mr excitement is coming!
[/quote] Shouldn't you be on a deer-stand !

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1107260" timestamp="1320625159"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=90998.msg1107219#msg1107219 date=1320622152]
[/quote]i love that description of them.  Dr.Jeckyl/ Mr  Hyde.  Their either really good or relly bad. At the same time, when theyre playing bad, at the drop of a hat, they are back to playing really good football.
[/quote]

You're absolutely correct on that!  Take it to 'em, Ozen!

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1107335" timestamp="1320629150"]
Ozen 21
[/quote]

Man that’s an oldie but a goodie LOL 8) So if we beat Ozen then that would make them what??  I love this smack though, but I feel bad for Ozen because right now all of your 20-4A buddies are touting you as the most dangerous team entering the playoffs. [b]Now when BH wins we will be told next year that the only time we ever got past the 1st round was against the worst team in 20-4A history. If we lose we will also hear about how we got beat by a mediocre Ozen football team[/b]. No win sistuation for Ozen. I hope to see a good game, BH will have it together and ready to Friday!
[/quote]

Yeah...pretty much the angle I would take lol  :)
[/quote]

It's almost like I'm in your head  ;D

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1107368" timestamp="1320631414"]
[/quote]

Mr excitment will meet Mr. Rueter just past the line ;D Better bring an extra Helmet or two 8)

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1107587" timestamp="1320676124"]
I tell you what if its going to be hard for OZEN to stop the veer then the Hill will have to start passing b/c once OZEN get on top they wont be able to run the veer to stay in the game.. High scoring game is in the FAVOR of OZEN.
[/quote]

Bring it! That's why they play the game!

[quote name="SFA85" post="1106919" timestamp="1320601276"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90998.msg1106916#msg1106916 date=1320601002]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=90998.msg1106776#msg1106776 date=1320587404]
1993. Barbera's Hill came to Stallworth with one of those 10-0 records plus a number 10 ranking in 3A.  SFA(the real Eagles) finished 2nd behind Newton.  The result:  30-0 arse whipping of those Cove Eagles......
[/quote]

You and Solja should have a reunion every year to celebrate how good your teams used to be before they got closed down or just eat up by every team in their district. Go start you own thread called the glory days ;D
[/quote]

Hey d&*)split, Central went 4 rounds in '08 or does your quality BH attention span go that far back???  When was the last time Barbera's Hill part of a 2nd round conversation????
[/quote]

SFA,you want to go all the way back to 1993? Why don't we go a little further to 1985, yall came to our turf, on a GreyHound bus, undefeated, sporting a number 4 state ranking, we weren't even in the top 50. Results...BH 7 SFA 0. And what does that have to do with the game this week? NOTHING!!! Far as can tell, us old farts from 1985 or1993 aren't playing this week...thank god!

Go Eagles!!!

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1107587" timestamp="1320676124"]
I tell you what if its going to be hard for OZEN to stop the veer then the Hill will have to start passing b/c once OZEN get on top they wont be able to run the veer to stay in the game.. High scoring game is in the FAVOR of OZEN.
[/quote]

I can agree with that! We don't want to get in a track meet with Ozen! We have to contain the Ozen offense and then control the clock. From what i have seen so far it looks like Ozen will not be able to stop BH, so the key will be can BH stop Ozen? Ozen almost put up 500 yards on Nederland and look to live and die off of the big play. Ozen Secondary has done alot of pick 6's this year as well, so I hope Denny is on this game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012