Barber's Hill vs. Ozen

Vpirate

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1112354" timestamp="1321015159"]
[quote author=double deuce link=topic=90998.msg1111739#msg1111739 date=1320979660]
ECBucFan ! I think you and I spoke today? Who will be the new sheriff in town?  THANK FOR SUPPORTING THE HILL !!!!!
[/quote]

Yes you did! I'll be there tonight supporting The Hill!  8)
[/quote]

ECBucFan,

I'll be there tonight so come see me and we'll talk fishing for 2012 while beating Ozen.  Got a new and bigger boat for 2012.  I'll PM you #.......

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1112387" timestamp="1321018136"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90998.msg1112384#msg1112384 date=1321017874]
So I guess tickets can be gotten at yall's admin building?
[/quote]

Yes, that would be correct.
[/quote]Okie Dokie Will be going that way later to pick up a couple tickets. Game start at 7 or 7:30? and where is the best place to park cause that visitor side is brutal to get out of.

baytown sun article

[size=18pt][size=14pt]Barbers Hill 'Backers big band of brothers[/size] [/size]

The Barbers Hill Eagles have plenty of tradition to fall back on when they host the Beaumont Ozen Panthers in a Region III-4A bi-district football game at 7:30 p.m. today.

They also have plenty of family tradition.

Senior linebackers Cole Sexton and Logan McSwain, and junior linebacker Garrett Dolan all have older brothers who played linebacker for the Eagles. Senior linebacker Ryan Reuter also has a younger brother, Carl, who will be a freshman at Barbers Hill in the fall of 2012.

“Three of these guys have very good brothers who have played for us,’’ said Barbers Hill linebacker coach Bruce Taylor, who has coached all seven players. “Joe Sexton was a very good player for us. He was all-state as a junior.

“Jared Dolan made every tackle,’’ he added. “He went off to play at McNeese St. and now is working his own business in Conroe. If Garrett goes down, I still sneak his brother in tonight. You do what you have to do to win, you know.

“And Daniel McSwain is as good a linebacker as we have had at the school,’’ Taylor added. “You talk about a machine. He was it.’’

Cole Sexton, Logan McSwain and Garrett Dolan all said their brothers have had a big impact on their football careers.

“My brother definitely persuaded me to play linebacker,’’ Cole Sexton said. “I loved watching him play growing up.’’

“My uncle, dad and brother all played linebacker,’’ Logan McSwain said. “It is a family tradition.’’

“Watching my brother play made we want to play,’’ said Garrett Dolan, who is the only junior of the group.

Ryan Reuter hopes his younger brother Carl can grow up and play linebacker at Barbers Hill.

“He is not the same animal I am,’’ Ryan Reuter said with a laugh. “But I would love for him to play linebacker. It is a great position.’’

Taylor said all eight players have a special love for the game.

“You talk about a thrill to coach,’’ Taylor added. “They love the game as much as the coach does.

“All four of these young men have never missed a practice or a game,’’ he added. “You can’t say that about a lot of players. They are here doing their job every day. When the best players are the best workers, you have a good team. These guys are just awesome players.’’

All four players have played inside and outside linebacker during their careers.

“We think we have the four best linebackers in he land,’’ Taylor said. “They have played a lot of snaps. The three seniors have been with me since they were freshmen.

“The thing that is so good about them, because of their brothers, is that they get along with their brothers. Their brothers encourage them,’’ he added. “They like to see how well they are doing. That is a tremendous tribute to their moms and dads. They are all great folks.’’

And all four of them plan to be playing football for a few more weeks.

“We have a pretty good chance to go at least two or three rounds,’’ Cole Sexton said. “We have a solid team and a solid defense. Our offense works with us to put up points.’’

“We can go as far as we want to go if we keep our mind right and keep pushing ourselves,’’ Ryan Reuter said.

“I feel as long as we play well and keep our mind right, we can play with anybody in the state,’’ Logan McSwain added.

“I think we can get deep in the playoffs,’’ Garrett Dolan added. “We have a solid defense and our offense grounds and pounds everybody.’

[quote name="octfeb" post="1112390" timestamp="1321018453"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=90998.msg1112387#msg1112387 date=1321018136]
[/quote]

[/quote]Okie Dokie Will be going that way later to pick up a couple tickets. Game start at 7 or 7:30? and where is the best place to park cause that visitor side is brutal to get out of.
[/quote]

7:30 Start
Unless Beaumont surprises me with a big crowd, parking/exiting should not be a big problem. No one has come close to filling up the visitors' side like the Broncos this year.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1112395" timestamp="1321018972"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90998.msg1112390#msg1112390 date=1321018453]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=90998.msg1112387#msg1112387 date=1321018136]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless Beaumont surprises me with a big crowd, parking/exiting should not be a big problem. No one has come close to filling up the visitors' side like the Broncos this year.
[/quote] Well we will be sitting on the BH side... why would i wanna sit with 20-4A  ::) LOL im just playing.. But we are sitting on the BH side. I'm pretty sure they gonna get alot of support tonight.. they got one win under their belt they drooling for another ;D

[quote name="Razor" post="1112503" timestamp="1321024257"]
This really could be an interesting game...I promise you that Ozen is considerably better than the Crosby team that I saw last night, although I realize that things can change from week to week
[/quote]
One thing that Ozen and Crosby do share is inconsistency. If the late season Ozen shows up it will be a good game. I will say also the Ozen trio of Green, Jones and Nelson are better all around the then the Crosby trio of Walters, Walters and Scott. Green is a legitimate QB, Walters throws well enough to get by.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1112405" timestamp="1321019349"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=90998.msg1112395#msg1112395 date=1321018972]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Well we will be sitting on the BH side... why would i wanna sit with 20-4A  ::) LOL im just playing.. But we are sitting on the BH side. I'm pretty sure they gonna get alot of support tonight.. they got one win under their belt they drooling for another ;D
[/quote]

Best get there early.  BH side was completely full last week. 

[quote name="Mr. E" post="1112394" timestamp="1321018721"]
baytown sun article

[size=18pt][size=14pt]Barbers Hill 'Backers big band of brothers[/size] [/size]

The Barbers Hill Eagles have plenty of tradition to fall back on when they host the Beaumont Ozen Panthers in a Region III-4A bi-district football game at 7:30 p.m. today.

They also have plenty of family tradition.

Senior linebackers Cole Sexton and Logan McSwain, and junior linebacker Garrett Dolan all have older brothers who played linebacker for the Eagles. Senior linebacker Ryan Reuter also has a younger brother, Carl, who will be a freshman at Barbers Hill in the fall of 2012.

“Three of these guys have very good brothers who have played for us,’’ said Barbers Hill linebacker coach Bruce Taylor, who has coached all seven players. “Joe Sexton was a very good player for us. He was all-state as a junior.

“Jared Dolan made every tackle,’’ he added. “He went off to play at McNeese St. and now is working his own business in Conroe. If Garrett goes down, I still sneak his brother in tonight. You do what you have to do to win, you know.

“And Daniel McSwain is as good a linebacker as we have had at the school,’’ Taylor added. “You talk about a machine. He was it.’’

Cole Sexton, Logan McSwain and Garrett Dolan all said their brothers have had a big impact on their football careers.

“My brother definitely persuaded me to play linebacker,’’ Cole Sexton said. “I loved watching him play growing up.’’

“My uncle, dad and brother all played linebacker,’’ Logan McSwain said. “It is a family tradition.’’

“Watching my brother play made we want to play,’’ said Garrett Dolan, who is the only junior of the group.

Ryan Reuter hopes his younger brother Carl can grow up and play linebacker at Barbers Hill.

“He is not the same animal I am,’’ Ryan Reuter said with a laugh. “But I would love for him to play linebacker. It is a great position.’’

Taylor said all eight players have a special love for the game.

“You talk about a thrill to coach,’’ Taylor added. “They love the game as much as the coach does.

“All four of these young men have never missed a practice or a game,’’ he added. “You can’t say that about a lot of players. They are here doing their job every day. When the best players are the best workers, you have a good team. These guys are just awesome players.’’

All four players have played inside and outside linebacker during their careers.

“We think we have the four best linebackers in he land,’’ Taylor said. “They have played a lot of snaps. The three seniors have been with me since they were freshmen.

“The thing that is so good about them, because of their brothers, is that they get along with their brothers. Their brothers encourage them,’’ he added. “They like to see how well they are doing. That is a tremendous tribute to their moms and dads. They are all great folks.’’

And all four of them plan to be playing football for a few more weeks.

“We have a pretty good chance to go at least two or three rounds,’’ Cole Sexton said. “We have a solid team and a solid defense. Our offense works with us to put up points.’’

“We can go as far as we want to go if we keep our mind right and keep pushing ourselves,’’ Ryan Reuter said.

“I feel as long as we play well and keep our mind right, we can play with anybody in the state,’’ Logan McSwain added.

“I think we can get deep in the playoffs,’’ Garrett Dolan added. “We have a solid defense and our offense grounds and pounds everybody.’
[/quote]Great post Mr. E. Thanks. I really enjoyed reading it :)

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1112564" timestamp="1321026684"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90998.msg1112405#msg1112405 date=1321019349]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=90998.msg1112395#msg1112395 date=1321018972]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Best get there early.  BH side was completely full last week.
[/quote]

Yeah full of crap...lol just joking or am I ? ;D

Ok guys and gals game time is soon approaching and I had a great time smacking it up with the Beaumont boys ;D I hope everyone from Beaumont has a safe drive to and from Eagle Stadium and we have a great game with no injuries! Good luck to the Panthers and Eagles tonight and put on a great show for your fans! You won’t see me posting till after the game WIN or lose.

I leave you with one final image to stick in your head for that long trip to BH 8)

[img]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/eroula24/chihuahua-humping-pink-panther-plush-toy.gif[/img]

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1112625" timestamp="1321029157"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=90998.msg1112574#msg1112574 date=1321026985]
Can anybody tell me what the seating capacity is at the stadium preferably the visitor's side?
[/quote]

Capacity is 8500 /  not sure about visitor side, But I would guess approximately 2000-2500.  Don't hold me to that estimate on visitor side..
[/quote]

Thanks! Ozen doesn't have the support it should it's no big deal, I was just curious. I like to sit in the same area for every game so I was just wondering how early I need to get there.

[quote name="badndn" post="1112542" timestamp="1321026017"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=90998.msg1112503#msg1112503 date=1321024257]
This really could be an interesting game...I promise you that Ozen is considerably better than the Crosby team that I saw last night, although I realize that things can change from week to week
[/quote]
One thing that Ozen and Crosby do share is inconsistency. If the late season Ozen shows up it will be a good game. I will say also the Ozen trio of Green, Jones and Nelson are better all around the then the Crosby trio of Walters, Walters and Scott. Green is a legitimate QB, Walters throws well enough to get by.
[/quote]

No argument there...Ozen has been inconsistent, but that was mostly during the earlier part of the season...over the past 3 weeks, they have been pretty dang good, particularly on offense where they have scored 61, 44, and 29 points...since Green was benched during the first half of the Livingston game, he has been on fire and the team has followed

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1112625" timestamp="1321029157"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=90998.msg1112574#msg1112574 date=1321026985]
Can anybody tell me what the seating capacity is at the stadium preferably the visitor's side?
[/quote]

Capacity is 8500 /  not sure about visitor side, But I would guess approximately 2000-2500.  Don't hold me to that estimate on visitor side..
[/quote]

Home side is supposed to hold 5,500 so I guess Visitors would be 3,000?  Sure doesnt look like it could hold that.....

[quote name="indianforever" post="1112637" timestamp="1321029569"]
will this game be broadcasted on the radio or internet?
[/quote]yes it will broadcast on 99.9 FM because it doesn't conflict with Dayton's game and u can also hear it on kshn.com click on the BH mascot

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder