Silsbee vs Huffman

BADSANTA

Who will win in their 4th meeting?   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win in their 4th meeting?

• Silsbee
    • Huffman

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1109992" timestamp="1320873022"]
That's fair enough! I hope Silsbee brings the entire time. I update those who can't make it since I'll be there in person! Hopefully [b]Tigervoice[/b] will let me chill with him and his crew!
[/quote]

Tigersvoice had to give up football coverage . . . couldn't make the climb to most stadium press boxes and when I got there, I couldn't see the uniform
numbers of the players on the other side of the field.  Another great career ended too soon. :D :D ;D ;D 8)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stigers12" post="1109924" timestamp="1320848614"]
I watched the game against kingwood park and cleveland. Im not sure how good kingwood park is but they moved very well on Huffman's D. #17 does lay the hat though. #14 seems to be the go to reciever. he'll be up against either jenkins or elam, 2 very good dbs. both teams match up well to the others strengths so it should be a good un! Silsbee's D will be ready to roll! watch out for 29 in the middle!  ;D

And i think it would also be a pretty good matchup in baseball, no domination. Im anxious to see how good that cook kid is, Listi is already well established. Hope to see yall in the playoffs there too!
[/quote]

Just FYI KPark is a pretty good team, they beat brennam last year in the playoffs, and are supposed to have a better team this year, we will see. They beat us 55-12 last year and 35-0 this year so we improved a little lol.

Silsbee and Huffman both have a good baseball history. Cook and Listi are both great players cook is committed to UH and Listi to Dallas Baptist, they are both ranked as top 400 prospects in the country. BC is the only other 3A team with two players on that list.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1110228" timestamp="1320882787"]
[quote author=paintballove link=topic=90979.msg1110176#msg1110176 date=1320880306]
I can't wait to laugh at BadSanta come Sunday morning.  ;)
[/quote]

Why would you laugh at me? Do I amuse you?
[/quote]

You amuse everybody, santa!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1110840" timestamp="1320942612"]
22-3A has 2 teams that actually are good. They rest wouldn't win one game in 21-3A. 2 of our bottom 3 could come over to 22-3A and make a strong run for the playoffs
[/quote]

Wrong. Hj, HF, and ofield would come no where near the playoffs, and both liberty and Cleveland would beat all of them. Stop acting like you're district is so strong. It aint.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1110851" timestamp="1320943140"]
Not sayin that liberty and cleveland are great but your bottum teams could compete for a playoff bid... r u serious.. OF competed for a playoff spot in your district and they are horrible.. we have 2 teams that didnt make the playoffs that could beat them
[/quote]

And who would that be? ???

liberty for sure.. they should be in if they didnt blow it to Cleveland and then splendora plays a lot like orangefield.. i take u claim OF could come to our district and make the playoffs too, huh.. the post i was replying to was badsanta sayin 2 of your worst teams could compete for playoff sport.. i dont think so... not even close

I will post this again:

Well, 21-3A's #3 team(Silsbee) beat 22-3A's #3 team(Cleveland) 42-14. ;)

One might say that 22-3A has the best two teams (CS and Huff, still debatable) but 21-3A was the better, deeper district based on a few head to head match ups.

21-3A was 4-3 vs. 22-3A this year.

21-3A

BC    1-0      beat Shepherd  61-3                      Cleveland  0-1      lost to Silsbee 42-14
HF    1-1      beat Splendora  52-6                    Coldspring  1-0      beat Orangefield  50-0
                  lost to Huffman  41-10                  Huffman    2-0      beat HJ  35-0
HJ    1-1      beat Splendora  21-14                                            beat HF  41-10
                  lost to Huffman  35-0                    Shepherd    0-1      lost to BC  61-3
OF    0-1      lost to Coldspring  50-0                Splendora  0-2      lost to HF  52-6
SIL  1-0      beat Cleveland  42-14                                              lost to HJ  21-14

WOS did not play a 22-3A team
Tarkington did not play a 21-3A team
Liberty did not play a 21-3A team

Only 2 22-3A teams had wins over 21-3A (CS and Huff)

4 21-3A teams had wins over 22-3A teams.

I think it is safe to say that WOS would beat most all of 22-3A, but Tarkington would not beat any 21-3A team.

Like I said, 22-3A has CS and Huff, after that, basically nothing.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1111001" timestamp="1320949261"]
What's it matter what we have if your district losses two of three? Cmon mike you sound like Santa and your a educated man.
[/quote]

I was looking at the districts from top to bottom, as a whole, not just the playoff teams.

I think I reference that in the post. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics