2011 Highway 90 Shootout: Crosby vs. Dayton

dayton

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1095599" timestamp="1319694769"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90239.msg1091834#msg1091834 date=1319377513]
Broncos need to get that Ike swagger going this week.Crosby hasn't proven they can blow out a good team yet.I like our chances to win out.Hancock scouting Ozen/Liv last night says he's confident right bout now ;) :D ;) ;)
[/quote]

Bobby, you wanna borrow my lucky shoes?  You saw how well they worked, when I wore them to the Ike game!  You let me know, cuz I got an extra pair.  Besides, my Cubs have already clinched and the playoffs just wouldn't be the same without y'all...

Dayton 34 (With the lucky shoes)
Crosby 31

Dayton 31 (Without the lucky shoes)
Crosby 34
[/quote]

You can come sit next to me i'll save you a seat... just bring the lucky shoes.. =p

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1096748" timestamp="1319776840"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=90239.msg1095599#msg1095599 date=1319694769]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90239.msg1091834#msg1091834 date=1319377513]
Broncos need to get that Ike swagger going this week.Crosby hasn't proven they can blow out a good team yet.I like our chances to win out.Hancock scouting Ozen/Liv last night says he's confident right bout now ;) :D ;) ;)
[/quote]

Bobby, you wanna borrow my lucky shoes?  You saw how well they worked, when I wore them to the Ike game!  You let me know, cuz I got an extra pair.  Besides, my Cubs have already clinched and the playoffs just wouldn't be the same without y'all...

Dayton 34 (With the lucky shoes)
Crosby 31

Dayton 31 (Without the lucky shoes)
Crosby 34
[/quote]

You can come sit next to me i'll save you a seat... just bring the lucky shoes.. =p
[/quote]

I would, but I'll be watching the green machine break Magnolia's wishbone!  ;) ;D

Honestly i think its the 3 defensive starters quitting, can't replace talent like that, im tellin yeah.

I expect this to be Daytons only chance to show they belong in the playoffs, if they can't get up and play their hated rival, then they don't deserve the playoffs, but iunno thats just me. If they play the cougs close and lose thats one thing, if the get manhandled like GCM did them, i start questioning why this team isn't as good as we all expected.

I do not hate any team that win over us. I pull for them to go as far as they can to make us all look good. thank for friday nights lights...........................Dayton fans are you ready...................................Crosby fans are you ready...........................love friday nights lites

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1096080" timestamp="1319748133"]
You must be one of the coaches wives
[/quote]

Thats funny, after I read it this morning it does sound like a mad momma. But, I'm not I have a vested interest in the whole program my oldest was on the 08' team that went to state. I have a nephew on the Varsity now, a nephew on JV and a son on the Freshmen team.

The coaches are doing what they can, working with what they have. I have opinions about why things are the way they are but, those boys read this stuff or some of them do. Fans, especially at this level should support there team not shred it every chance they get. I think we can all see the problems, but do we really need to continuously state the obvious.

That said Broncos step up and beat Crosby by 2 TD's, crush King next week and head into the playoffs with confidence.

[quote name="oldrock" post="1096843" timestamp="1319804437"]
It's ok, the doubters will jump back on the band wagon when the time is right.  The rest of us who are actually supporting the Broncos, showing up for the games and believing in the team will still be here when the dobters return.
[/quote] YEP!  ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1096880" timestamp="1319807236"]
Hope that plan includes running the ball right at crosby enough throwing the ball and playing pattycakes get back to smash mouth bronco football and let these o lineman tee off on crosby hope chambers mcbride fowler have 40+ carries between them
[/quote] You do remember Dayton runs the "spread "  passing is the key and the run only complements. 

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1096890" timestamp="1319808208"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1096880#msg1096880 date=1319807236]
Hope that plan includes running the ball right at crosby enough throwing the ball and playing pattycakes get back to smash mouth bronco football and let these o lineman tee off on crosby hope chambers mcbride fowler have 40+ carries between them
[/quote] You do remember Dayton runs the "spread "  passing is the key and the run only complements.
[/quote]

crosby is in the spread and mostly runs.....

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1096902" timestamp="1319808716"]
Not true we actually ran the ball more from the spread than we threw last year which is just the opposite of what where doing this year
[/quote] It all depends on how may horse's you have in the stable . This year we have one RB who has been hurt off and on and one that has the slippery hand syndrome disease. Its hard to make the run the dominate part of your game with that scenario. Lil-pony isn't Earl Campbell and if you rely on him to much and then Bam he gets creamed - there goes the running game for the most part. We have a very good QB and reciever core that will get the job done with a little help from the RB's.

Not sure but didnt we beat elkins without mcbride and I was at the game we ran the ball down their throats like I said chambers mcnride fowler like it or not they should be touching the ball as much as possible the past 2 games ah has had more carries than anyone not going to beat good teams like that like to see ah throw 15 times and beat crosby down with the run but oh well just hope we win

[quote name="dayton" post="1096895" timestamp="1319808366"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=90239.msg1096890#msg1096890 date=1319808208]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1096880#msg1096880 date=1319807236]
[/quote]

55 runs a game average.
crosby is in the spread and mostly runs.....
[/quote]

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1096772" timestamp="1319778692"]
Honestly i think its the 3 defensive starters quitting, can't replace talent like that, im tellin yeah.

I expect this to be Daytons only chance to show they belong in the playoffs, if they can't get up and play their hated rival, then they don't deserve the playoffs, but iunno thats just me. If they play the cougs close and lose thats one thing, if the get manhandled like GCM did them,[b] i start questioning why this team isn't as good as we all expected.[/b]
[/quote]
I believe your questions were answered GOOBTALK  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder