2011 Highway 90 Shootout: Crosby vs. Dayton

dayton

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1093001" timestamp="1319482749"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90239.msg1092830#msg1092830 date=1319471793]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90239.msg1092811#msg1092811 date=1319470448]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90239.msg1092769#msg1092769 date=1319467433]
I don't think it is out of the question that Crosby can Score 40 + on Dayton. Crosby offense is the best in our district right now statistically! [b]Both BH and GCM scored 30 + on Dayton.[/b] On the other hand Crosby's D hasn't done very well either, so I think this game will be worthy of the title "Shootout" last team with the ball may win this one.
[/quote] true.. BH had to work HARD for it... and GCM got it on turnovers... And anytime Dayton plays Crosby it will ALWAYS be a shootout...
[/quote]

So you get points for turnovers? I thought I saw the Dayton defense on the field when GCM scored.
[/quote] ::) please... you did ALOT cause we kept giving yall the ball. Do you really think you would have gotten that many points other wise?
[/quote]

We will never know.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1093008" timestamp="1319483028"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1092904#msg1092904 date=1319476615]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90239.msg1092889#msg1092889 date=1319475668]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1092869#msg1092869 date=1319474257]
First half 5 turnovers gcm 27pts second half no turnovers gcm 7pts
[/quote]

First half Dayton 7 points.
Second half Dayton 7 points.

What's your point?
[/quote]well dayton fumbled inside the five on their first drive and scored on their next drive my point is you cant score pts when you keep turning the ball over and all of our turnovers exept one were on our side of the field so yes it helped yall score [b]I know your really not that dumb[/b]
[/quote] Thank you....
[/quote]

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1093028" timestamp="1319483925"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90239.msg1093008#msg1093008 date=1319483028]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1092904#msg1092904 date=1319476615]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90239.msg1092889#msg1092889 date=1319475668]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1092869#msg1092869 date=1319474257]
First half 5 turnovers gcm 27pts second half no turnovers gcm 7pts
[/quote]

First half Dayton 7 points.
Second half Dayton 7 points.

What's your point?
[/quote]well dayton fumbled inside the five on their first drive and scored on their next drive my point is you cant score pts when you keep turning the ball over and all of our turnovers exept one were on our side of the field so yes it helped yall score [b]I know your really not that dumb[/b]
[/quote] Thank you....
[/quote]

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
[/quote] ROFL... no really that was hilarious... I guess this is something you experience on a yearly basis? Oh bout Fall time.  Ima love my Broncos win or lose....I have FAITH.. I have no room for hate, fear, suffering or anger... Just Saying.. but  your statement was funny 8)

[quote name="rollinac" post="1093505" timestamp="1319512176"]
Thank god we won one last week....not feeling real confident about the state of the program however...have to wait and see.  Crosby should be the favorite in this one.
[/quote]dont worry talent level will be back up bunch of young kids on this team and I cant wait to see chambers at qb next year. Not looking for much more than one playoff win if where lucky but maybe these coaches can learn something from this year and come out strong next year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1093656" timestamp="1319547228"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=90239.msg1093505#msg1093505 date=1319512176]
Thank god we won one last week....not feeling real confident about the state of the program however...have to wait and see.  Crosby should be the favorite in this one.
[/quote]dont worry [b]talent level will be back up [/b] bunch of young kids on this team and I cant wait to see chambers at qb next year. Not looking for much more than one playoff win if where lucky but maybe these coaches can learn something from this year and come out strong next year.
[/quote]

Talent level is there right now.  Schemes are different. 

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1093660" timestamp="1319547644"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1093656#msg1093656 date=1319547228]
[/quote]dont worry [b]talent level will be back up [/b] bunch of young kids on this team and I cant wait to see chambers at qb next year. Not looking for much more than one playoff win if where lucky but maybe these coaches can learn something from this year and come out strong next year.
[/quote]

[/quote]sorry duder but look at the kids we had last year and we are not even close talent wise. 3 kids from last years team are playing d1 not to mention bladwin duff and our offensive lineman that all left I see possibly one kid on this team that could play even d2 ball

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1093666" timestamp="1319548172"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=90239.msg1093660#msg1093660 date=1319547644]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1093656#msg1093656 date=1319547228]
[/quote]

[/quote]sorry duder but look at the kids we had last year and we are not even close talent wise. 3 kids from last years team are playing d1 not to mention bladwin duff and our offensive lineman that all left I see possibly one kid on this team that could play even d2 ball
[/quote]

i think we're a little better than that.... fowler(d1 offer i believe), st. andre, oubre, kevin barton could all move on, just off the top of my head. D2 at least.

I could see fowler playing d2 he was the one kid I mentioned but I also talked about duff and baldwin and even though they were not d1 talent they were really good ball players and would be by far the two best defensive players on this team. Baldwin was also more explosive offensively than anything we have this year he had kickoff returns for tds punt return for tds and on the end around against kp took the first play of the game like 90 yds for a touchdown

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1093666" timestamp="1319548172"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=90239.msg1093660#msg1093660 date=1319547644]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have the same kids playing the skill positions on offense.  This years DB's are much improved from last year. Biggest losses were on the D-Line, but the offense should be putting up 40 a game to cover any lack of experience there.  If you really watch the games, you will notice that the schemes are a little different.

Just saying that there is enough talent on the team for them to succeed.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1093788" timestamp="1319556746"]
Not really dogging the play calling although I think the pass is more effective when the run has been established.  My point was that this Dayton team has enough horses in the stable to make a run.  They need to play with confidence and a chip on their shoulder.
[/quote]
I'm with ya on this one dude. I'm remember thinking last year, that the 2011 offense should be unstoppable. Course some of that was banking on #1 coming back. But even with #15 at RB, they still finished very strong last year.

I really thought that Herrera's senior year would be a highlight reel. Hasn't really turned out that way and like you said, the skill players are the same. There have been some flashes of what I expected, but no consistency. I actually thought they were playing alot better the first 3 games of the year. Offensively speaking. Just my opinion.

Go watch the freshmen play thursday and you will see how bright the future looks for dayton they are loaded with talent and next year if chambers is the qb you will get your highlight reel. One reason our offense is not as potent is that our defense lets other teams consume large amounts of time and I bet we get 4 or 5 fewer poss than we got last year. Our defense made other teams go 3 and out and gave our offense good field position the score in the lamarque game was 9 to 3 going into the 4th quarter nobodys defense shut them down like that all year people forget how dominate our defense has been in the past

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1094395" timestamp="1319594002"]
Go watch the freshmen play thursday and you will see how bright the future looks for dayton they are loaded with talent and next year if chambers is the qb you will get your highlight reel. One reason our offense is not as potent is that our defense lets other teams consume large amounts of time and I bet we get 4 or 5 fewer poss than we got last year. Our defense made other teams go 3 and out and gave our offense good field position the score in the lamarque game was 9 to 3 going into the 4th quarter nobodys defense shut them down like that all year people forget how dominate our defense has been in the past
[/quote]
That's a good point. I was speaking of the offensive performance this year, but your right. Last years defense definitely made the O better. However, I still think this years offense has under achieved according to most people's expectations. Different scheme...maybe. Play selection...possibly. Coaching changes....who knows. Maybe all of the above.

Still a big fan though and I BELIEVE there's still time to peak. Gotta start Friday night! I have a bet with a coworker that the Broncos will still outlast the other 19-4a playoff participants. Might be a stretch for me to think that(this year), but it would not shock me. The Bronco coaching staff has proven for many years that they are at their best come playoff time.

You have all forgotten one very important fact:  CROSBY SUCKS. No matter how good the team, how talented the coaches, how pretty the cheerleaders, or how courteous the fans, it doesn't matter because they are from Crosby which makes them automatically suck more than a lady of the night at mardi gras.  The ONLY option the Broncos have this Friday is stomping a mudhole in the Cougars. 

[move][b][size=36pt]BUCK CROSBY[/size][/b][/move]

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1094540" timestamp="1319623057"]
You have all forgotten one very important fact:  CROSBY SUCKS. No matter how good the team, how talented the coaches, how pretty the cheerleaders, or how courteous the fans, it doesn't matter because they are from Crosby which makes them automatically suck more than a lady of the night at mardi gras.  The ONLY option the Broncos have this Friday is stomping a mudhole in the Cougars. 

[move][b][size=36pt]BUCK CROSBY[/size][/b][/move]
[/quote]

Tyronne,  I REALLY like your approach here, but how is Dayton going to stop Crosby from running the ball, throwing the ball, or scoring?  I am VERY MUCH SO rooting for Dayton because that only helps BH, but I am not sure this one will swing in the favor of Dayton.  Fingers crossed though! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder