2011 Highway 90 Shootout: Crosby vs. Dayton

dayton

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1091803" timestamp="1319375208"]
K lowest turnout in a long time at the nf game. I know this has been a weird year for the bronx but the crosby game is always a must see for any real bronco fan I hope we have a good turnout because unlike years past the broncos really need this game.
[/quote] Well I'm sure the low turnout had alot to do with the TVE Rodeo.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1091807" timestamp="1319375821"]
Yeah maybe so still was awfully empty my bet we didnt have 500 people on our side and I think I counted 20 on nf side I did like nf band they were good
[/quote] Yeah they were.. They always put on a good show... I was glad to see Reyes back too.... I noticed that #32 Tamlin was not suited out. anyone know why?

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1091807" timestamp="1319375821"]
Yeah maybe so still was awfully empty my bet we didnt have 500 people on our side and I think I counted 20 on nf side I did like nf band they were good
[/quote]There was more than 500, the size of the stands makes it look worse.  TVE was Friday, if we have a home game during the fair, the attendance usually suffers.  Don't count on many on the last game on the 4th, the next morning the annual ritual of deer season starts.  Might be less at Bronco stadium in two weeks than there was for the North Forest game.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1091837" timestamp="1319377756"]
Mediocracy tends to bring out only the true fans of any team.  Lose next Friday and the crowd will get even smaller.  Amazing how people only want to be associated with winning.  JMO...
[/quote]Even if the Broncos win, the last home game probably won't have more than a 1000 people there (just from what I have seen).  There are kids in Dayton ISD with countdown timers on their cell phones counting down to November 5 (first day of hunting season).

Thankfully the fans don't play da game or have any bearing on who wins.I admit I missed Dayt game last week cause I had a feeling Dayt would win.Instead I went to the Cooga game to check them out.We match up well w/speed but lawd ya'll are small on the OL/DL.I watch 2 sometimes 3 HS games ea.week.Games are won in da trenches were I'm watchin da most ;D

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="liltex" post="1091834" timestamp="1319377513"]
Broncos need to get that Ike swagger going this week.Crosby hasn't proven they can blow out a good team yet.I like our chances to win out.Hancock scouting Ozen/Liv last night says he's confident right bout now ;) :D ;) ;)
[/quote]

What good team has Dayton blown out? 3-5 Eisenhower?

I think this is an evenly matched game. Both teams are 5-3. Both teams have quality wins (PNG & Elkins).
Both teams have had slip-ups.

Dayton seems to be not as explosive on offense as they have been in quite a few years but they are very potent. The Bronco defense has been a little suspect as well. Although the Broncos aren't used to going through a funk and their psyche is a little gloomy, Dayton is still a very dangerous team. They had a tough non-district schedule and almost beat a very good Angleton team.

Crosby has been very explosive on offense all year. The Coogs put 425 yards on Montgomery in the first game with two 14 year old sophomores starting for the first time in the backfield, but turned the ball over 5 times. Youngsters are mistake-prone. They lead the district in offense.

Crosby's defense has gone from gash-prone to at least respectable. The non-district schedule was brutal. Montgomery, PN-G, and Dawson had all advanced at least three-deep in the playoffs last year.  I can't think of any team in the area that played a non-district schedule where all opponents had accomplished that. The Crosby defense is very young as well. 9 out of the 14 guys that rotate in on defense are juniors and sophomores. The LBs are all young. 

I don't see how one team is just clearly the favorite. Should be a good one. The last time this game was decided by 10 or less was 1999. Crosby 31-21. Next closest game was 2003. Dayton 35-20. A close contest would probably promote some mutual respect between the teams and the fans. Dayton has just always assumed it will be a blowout and expected it with the transfer of #7 in 2009. Crosby has been on the wrong of most of these games, but their only win was the famous shutout.

I'm thinking this game will be decided within about 12 points and it may end up being a 1-2 point margin.

Sept 1st is the age cut-off date. They were born in late August, so barely sophomores.  During that game, they were both 14 about to turn 15.

No lie.

Well for most of the senior season, they'll be 17.  They are both 15 now, just very young sophomores. Great kids - all honors classes, super respectful. Will be able to go to any college they want for academics, regardless of their athletic abilities.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder