2011 Highway 90 Shootout: Crosby vs. Dayton

dayton

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1091880" timestamp="1319382231"]
Well for most of the senior season, they'll be 17.  They are both 15 now, just very young sophomores. Great kids - all honors classes, super respectful. Will be able to go to any college they want for academics, regardless of their athletic abilities.
[/quote]  Like your posts Cap Rock ( very objective )  Maybe we can convince those twins to move to Dayton next year  !  :) ;) :D  Looking foreward to friday I think this will be a good match up between two of the better teams in 19a.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Thanks Jayhawk. I honestly hope both teams play hard, come out injury-free, and get ready to take someone from 20-4A to the woodshed.

[quote name="lyntoolman" post="1092160" timestamp="1319403903"]
Gee caprock, that 28-0 loss to Crosby in 2008 too painful to remember? ;D
[/quote]

caprock is a crosby fan bro.... :D

look at the bolded part below.

[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=90239.msg1091853#msg1091853 date=1319379919]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=90239.msg1091834#msg1091834 date=1319377513]
Broncos need to get that Ike swagger going this week.Crosby hasn't proven they can blow out a good team yet.I like our chances to win out.Hancock scouting Ozen/Liv last night says he's confident right bout now ;) :D ;) ;)
[/quote]

What good team has Dayton blown out? 3-5 Eisenhower?

I think this is an evenly matched game. Both teams are 5-3. Both teams have quality wins (PNG & Elkins).
Both teams have had slip-ups.

Dayton seems to be not as explosive on offense as they have been in quite a few years but they are very potent. The Bronco defense has been a little suspect as well. Although the Broncos aren't used to going through a funk and their psyche is a little gloomy, Dayton is still a very dangerous team. They had a tough non-district schedule and almost beat a very good Angleton team.

Crosby has been very explosive on offense all year. The Coogs put 425 yards on Montgomery in the first game with two 14 year old sophomores starting for the first time in the backfield, but turned the ball over 5 times. Youngsters are mistake-prone. They lead the district in offense.

Crosby's defense has gone from gash-prone to at least respectable. The non-district schedule was brutal. Montgomery, PN-G, and Dawson had all advanced at least three-deep in the playoffs last year.  I can't think of any team in the area that played a non-district schedule where all opponents had accomplished that. The Crosby defense is very young as well. 9 out of the 14 guys that rotate in on defense are juniors and sophomores. The LBs are all young. 

I don't see how one team is just clearly the favorite. Should be a good one. The last time this game was decided by 10 or less was 1999. Crosby 31-21. Next closest game was 2003. Dayton 35-20. A close contest would probably promote some mutual respect between the teams and the fans. Dayton has just always assumed it will be a blowout and expected it with the transfer of #7 in 2009. [[size=18pt]b]Crosby has been on the wrong of most of these games, but their only win was the famous shutout. [/b] [/size]

I'm thinking this game will be decided within about 12 points and it may end up being a 1-2 point margin.
[/quote]

Exactly, I would love nothing more than Crosby to pound Dayton into the ground - the exact opposite of what all these Dayton boys want.

Still think it will be close...I'm not buying this reverse psychology stuff from Dayton's fans. Dayton is better than they are saying.

Quick question...if Herrera is out then Chambers will start @ QB I'm assuming. That's an unknown for Crosby because they will not have seen as much of him on film. My guess is he'll bring more of a running threat to the offense. He's more athletic than Herrera from what I recall. Isn't Chambers a junior? Am I wrong to assume he'll start at QB next year?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1092187" timestamp="1319406292"]
Quick question...if Herrera is out then Chambers will start @ QB I'm assuming. That's an unknown for Crosby because they will not have seen as much of him on film. My guess is he'll bring more of a running threat to the offense. He's more athletic than Herrera from what I recall. Isn't Chambers a junior? Am I wrong to assume he'll start at QB next year?
[/quote]Depends on the freshmen class.  There are four or five freshmen that will be game breakers.  Haven't seen them play this year, but in 8th grade they rotated like three players into the QB position. 
If Chambers is QB, it will be a different Bronco offense (run first).  Looking at my video, Herrera was tackled with a clean hit, but on the way down the back of his helmet hit the turf first.  Thankfully he got up and walked off the field.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1092187" timestamp="1319406292"]
[/quote] Yeah Chambers is a junior and will be the man next year. Chambers is fast and also has a strong arm not as polished as Herrera but makes up for it with his size and speed.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1092370" timestamp="1319417643"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90239.msg1092106#msg1092106 date=1319398655]
anyone know the condition of Herrera?
[/quote]

Short, slow and finally eating after BH beating.  ;D
[/quote] Oh I didn't know you two were related!  ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="1092395" timestamp="1319419007"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=90239.msg1092370#msg1092370 date=1319417643]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90239.msg1092106#msg1092106 date=1319398655]
anyone know the condition of Herrera?
[/quote]

Short, slow and finally eating after BH beating.  ;D
[/quote] Oh I didn't know you two were related!  ;D
[/quote]

Seimese twins, seperated last week.  ;D ;D  So is he hurt?  I see one of the newbies above isn't use to the humor...... ;) ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1092410" timestamp="1319419646"]
Like humor but nothing funny about a kid with a concussion
[/quote]

That sucks, yall about out of players.  I'd say Livingston would loan you one, but they are out too. OctFeb can throw the pig skin........so no worries.

[quote name="liltex" post="1092423" timestamp="1319420299"]
I have not heard anybody say he had a concussion 8)
[/quote] Me either... But I would like to know how he is...

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1092417" timestamp="1319420018"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=90239.msg1092410#msg1092410 date=1319419646]
Like humor but nothing funny about a kid with a concussion
[/quote]

That sucks, yall about out of players.  I'd say Livingston would loan you one, but they are out too. OctFeb can throw the pig skin........so no worries.
[/quote]I can.... You would be shocked :o

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1092619" timestamp="1319444058"]
I hope Herrera Starts. 

Want to see the QB play aginst the cougs tbh. GL hope he's in the game.
[/quote]Well don't know how he is... maybe someone on here will know this week.. But if he plays IMO I don't think he will play alot... if any.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder