Silsbee vs Bridge City predictions

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1077646" timestamp="1318125165"]
BC won last year. Who has improved more since last year, the Tigers or the Cardinals?
[/quote]

Silsbee has definitely improved; however, they need to tighten up their "O" line.  It could go either way, but the Tigers will be my pick by 3.

[quote name="JWB" post="1078048" timestamp="1318173003"]
BC takes this one...27-14...[b]Defense is gonna eat Silsbee's QB up if they come out throwing the ball...Just ask HJ's Sophmore QB[/b]...GO CARDS!!!
[/quote]

Quite a difference between those two offenses. ;)

BTW, Silsbee is averaging right at 200 yards rushing a game, 125 passing. I think you will see the Tigers pound it some. ;)

against Oangefield silsbee had trouble getting into a rythem on offense. they started doing better the second half but silsbee had a off night and the bye week probably had something to do with that.The D was great but they need to put more pressure on the QB. i expect silsbee too play much better this next game against BC but it will be close.
Silsbee by 7

I dont think you have to worry about Silsbees Oline, those boys have worked their tails off this year. And I dont think BC will dominate our defense either. BIG BIG difference between HJ and Silsbee. Silsbee D is the real deal. BC will be tough, but Silsbee will play well enough to win.

Okay I'll play along....and try to be as objective as possible.

1. Both Silsbee and BC are very talented on both sides of the ball. BC may have a slight edge due to the fact that they have so many seniors at all the skill positions. Silsbee has it's best days ahead with Soph's in the backfield, even at that they will still be a tough task to handle.

2. BC will get it's first taste of a good feature back in Spearman. So far this year they have not seen anybody with an above average running back except Vidor and that's a little different due to the offense the Pirates run. BC will sport a good back of their own in Clark who will certainly be a load coming through the line as well. Not to mention Menard and the possibility of Dishon in the wildcat formation.

3. Quarterback comparison has to go to Menard at this point. That guy can beat you with his arm or his legs and he is really flourishing in that spread offense. Reed is going to be a good one as well. Has shown signs of how good he can be but like most under classmen has struggled just a little with consistency. BC has a veteran seconary and that may pose a problem. If Silsbee gets their Tight Ends involved and throw a screen or two to give the Soph some confidence and get into a rhythm it may be a coming out party for him. This guy will draw comparisons to past Silsbee greats before it's all said and done.

4. Defense is a toss up. Both groups are really active and led by their linebackers. The size of the Silsbee Offensive line has to be a concern for BC. The combination of that big line and a good back could prove to be the key for Silsbee. On the other hand BC some very talented guys on their offense with plenty of speed and they really spread the field out making containment a must.

This game has been high on the "anticipation list" for both sides because it should go a long way in determining the playoff picture for the district. I do think however Silsbee got a break with their schedule by not having to play BC and WOS back to back like the Cards and Stangs have to do. But with that said I don't think most folks, myself included, realized how good OF would turn out this season. The Silsbee vs BC matchup should be a full 4 quarter affair and certainly be worth the price of admission.  On that note I guess I will take BC in a close one due to their experience but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Silsbee wins either. Gonna be a good one regardless who you pick.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1078508" timestamp="1318207617"]

1. Both Silsbee and BC are very talented on both sides of the ball. BC may have a slight edge due to the fact that they have so many seniors at all the skill positions. Silsbee has it's best days ahead with Soph's in the backfield, even at that they will still be a tough task to handle.

2. BC will get it's first taste of a good feature back in Spearman. So far this year they have not seen anybody with an above average running back except Vidor and that's a little different due to the offense the Pirates run. BC will sport a good back of their own in Clark who will certainly be a load coming through the line as well. Not to mention Menard and the possibility of Dishon in the wildcat formation.

3. Quarterback comparison has to go to Menard at this point. That guy can beat you with his arm or his legs and he is really flourishing in that spread offense. Reed is going to be a good one as well. Has shown signs of how good he can be but like most under classmen has struggled just a little with consistency. BC has a veteran seconary and that may pose a problem. If Silsbee gets their Tight Ends involved and throw a screen or two to give the Soph some confidence and get into a rhythm it may be a coming out party for him. This guy will draw comparisons to past Silsbee greats before it's all said and done.

4. Defense is a toss up. Both groups are really active and led by their linebackers. The size of the Silsbee Offensive line has to be a concern for BC. The combination of that big line and a good back could prove to be the key for Silsbee. On the other hand BC some very talented guys on their offense with plenty of speed and they really spread the field out making containment a must.

This game has been high on the "anticipation list" for both sides because it should go a long way in determining the playoff picture for the district. I do think however Silsbee got a break with their schedule by not having to play BC and WOS back to back like the Cards and Stangs have to do. But with that said I don't think most folks, myself included, realized how good OF would turn out this season. The Silsbee vs BC matchup should be a full 4 quarter affair and certainly be worth the price of admission.  On that note I guess I will take BC in a close one due to their experience but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Silsbee wins either. Gonna be a good one regardless who you pick.

Rake1
[/quote]

Good post, very nice and accurate assessment. Prediction just a tad off. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1078521" timestamp="1318208153"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89501.msg1078508#msg1078508 date=1318207617]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dangit AAW!!! What did you expect! :) At least it was "objective" and not something crazy. Really looking forward to this one. Too close to call so I take the home team, even if that makes it a "homer pick". See ya at the game.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1078527" timestamp="1318208503"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89501.msg1078521#msg1078521 date=1318208153]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dangit AAW!!! [b]What did you expect![/b] :) At least it was "objective" and not something crazy. Really looking forward to this one. Too close to call so I take the home team, even if that makes it a "homer pick". See ya at the game.
[/quote]

Didn't expect anything less from you, Homer. ;) ;D ;D

All jokes aside, you should pick BC at home. Very reasonable pick.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1078521" timestamp="1318208153"]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="mirage250" post="1078561" timestamp="1318209815"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89501.msg1078521#msg1078521 date=1318208153]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Reed graduated last yr
[/quote]

Rake is talking about Silsbee soph. QB Patrick Reed.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1078563" timestamp="1318209914"]
[quote author=mirage250 link=topic=89501.msg1078561#msg1078561 date=1318209815]

Rake1
[/quote]

[/quote]

Reed graduated last yr
[/quote]

Rake is talking about Silsbee soph. QB Patrick Reed.
[/quote]

oops just figured that out. Sorry

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1078721" timestamp="1318225104"]
[quote author=ExTiger08 link=topic=89501.msg1077630#msg1077630 date=1318124075]
shouldn't b no reason y we tigers should sweep the district... size and speed but sometimes the lack of coaching...
[/quote]

I think the Mustangs will ahve a say in that  ;D
[/quote]

Yep. They will say, "Man I wish we could have beaten those Tigers..."    ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1078833" timestamp="1318255206"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=89501.msg1078721#msg1078721 date=1318225104]
shouldn't b no reason y we tigers should sweep the district... size and speed but sometimes the lack of coaching...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep. They will say, "Man I wish we could have beaten those Tigers..."    ;D ;D ;D
[/quote

LMAO... ;D ;D ;D ;D  Good One..!!!!

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1078833" timestamp="1318255206"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=89501.msg1078721#msg1078721 date=1318225104]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Smash with a little give and take. ;D

i would have said the mustangs would have a say so in this BUT i do belive the partys over at wo-s (5) key players out and relly dont know if thay will see another game only lindsey might be back IMO , bridge city and silsbee are going to war friday best of luck to both teams and my the good lord watch over the kids

[quote name="skipper" post="1078945" timestamp="1318260805"]
i would have said the mustangs would have a say so in this BUT i do belive the partys over at wo-s (5) key players out and relly dont know if thay will see another game only lindsey might be back IMO , bridge city and silsbee are going to war friday best of luck to both teams and my the good lord watch over the kids
[/quote]
5?

Come to this game skip!

[quote name="skipper" post="1078984" timestamp="1318263134"]
i just might be there if i can find a parking place i will haft to leave the house by 3pm this should be a sell out standing room only
[/quote]            Come On Silsbee Fans!... Let's Pack That Stadium!!... Come Out And Support Your Tigers!!... :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83