Quality Schedule

Guest twag11
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1074529" timestamp="1317879961"]
wow. Sure are blowing this thing up ain't you. Its a poll man. Who cares. I think your jealous.
[/quote]lol don't think heas jealous he's just saying the truth they aren't that great AT ALL i've seen them play in person. Was not impressed at all as it looked like they were playing a 8th grade team with 2 subs

Its the same schedule that they played last year and many of those schools they lost to.  Its not their fault High Island doesn't have the numbers this year.  Nobody took it easy when Legacy went 0-10 2 years ago are any of the previous years.  They have a 9-12 grade enrollment of if they are lucky 200 and 65% of that are girls so they are playing who they should be playing.

Kelly Basketball,  you must wanted some of those kids that chose Legacy over Kelly on your basketball team. 

And come back to this thread in 5 weeks cause they'll be 10-0 and do some more of your whining.

If Coach Hobbs leaves for greener pastures next season then your 2-3 Bulldog team won't be over shawdowed because we know that this is what all this about for you...

Oops,  you're 4-2 not 2-3.  Hey if you'll wouldn't have lost to Bridge City and Liberty then you'll would have the chance to go 11-0 before the playoffs according to your schedule.  I thought you could only schedule 10 games but i guess Kelly can do what they want...

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1074604" timestamp="1317903805"]
Oops,  you're 4-2 not 2-3.  Hey if you'll wouldn't have lost to Bridge City and Liberty then you'll would have the chance to go 11-0 before the playoffs according to your schedule.  I thought you could only schedule 10 games but i guess Kelly can do what they want...
[/quote]

TAPPS teams can schedule 11 games.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1074599" timestamp="1317903319"]
Its the same schedule that they played last year and many of those schools they lost to.  Its not their fault High Island doesn't have the numbers this year.  Nobody took it easy when Legacy went 0-10 2 years ago are any of the previous years.  They have a 9-12 grade enrollment of if they are lucky 200 and 65% of that are girls so they are playing who they should be playing.

Kelly Basketball,  you must wanted some of those kids that chose Legacy over Kelly on your basketball team. 

And come back to this thread in 5 weeks cause they'll be 10-0 and do some more of your whining.

If Coach Hobbs leaves for greener pastures next season then your 2-3 Bulldog team won't be over shawdowed because we know that this is what all this about for you...
[/quote]

HAHAHAH thats just about the funniest thing I've read all day. I've gone through this point so many times but one more wont hurt....Legacy had their best 8th grade basketball team ever by their own admission last year...they played St. Anne's twice, lost by 30 and in the second game there coach quit and pulled his team off the court after one of his kids sucker punched a kid from St. Anne (oh yes they were also down by 15-20 points in the first half when this happened. So there is no basketball player that I would want at Legacy. We'll just put a fresh layer of polish on our state championship trophies and legacy well they can um clean their floor since they don't have any to polish?

I'm just pointing out Legacys strength of schedule or lack there of as I was told that it played a part in the poll.

Kelly will continue to play Vidor and Bridge City and Liberty and challenge themselves....Legacy maybe they can play Burkeville 3 times next year.

I would also think that someone who coached at Legacy would be familiar with the rules of tapps.

Legacy played this schedule last year in non-district and came away with a 2-3 record. These schedules are two year gigs.

Now, next year, Legacy could up grade but it looks as though they are playing schools on their level.

I see no problem with this schedule for this year.

Next year, that will be the question.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1075227" timestamp="1317952424"]
Let me be clear I am NOT faulting Legacy for their schedule in my original post. I was just pointing out their strength of schedule. They are free to play whoever they want.[b] But when you are going to give Kelly grief for losing to Bridge City and Liberty[/b] than I will go after who Legacy plays.
[/quote]

Who gave them grief for losing those games?

I dont understand the the weak schedules.  You have to schedule teams for two years in a row.  I'm sure at the time the teams that were scheduled by the AD's were some what descent.  It is the same way with Coldspring.  Last year Kirbyville was a very legitimate team, and this year they are not playing very good and lost a ton of talent. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1075254" timestamp="1317953588"]
I dont understand the the weak schedules.  You have to schedule teams for two years in a row.  I'm sure at the time the teams that were scheduled by the AD's were some what descent.  It is the same way with Coldspring.  Last year Kirbyville was a very legitimate team, and this year they are not playing very good and lost a ton of talent.
[/quote]

Texaggies, excellent example of Kirbyville.  Ton of talent last year including my cousin and this year is a struggle.

Kellybasketball, nobody is making fun of Kelly for who they played.  From the looks of it BC and Liberty are both solid teams.  Kelly has always played solid teams.  I can remember when Kelly traveled to Kirbyville years ago,  telling my age.

The difference is i support ALL my Beaumont schools and even some that are not here.  I don't bash any.  I'm a Jaguar by blood, have a daughter a WB,  younger 2 kids may be Panthers and yes I coached at Legacy.  Just cause i don't have any personal ties to Kelly doesn't mean I won't root for them. 

Like Aggiesarewe stated,  schedules are made on 2 year contracts.  I agree with you that the schedule is soft.  But don't bash the kids for it.    When i was there we played the likes of Evadale, HI, H-D and Sabine Pass in our predistrict schedule and lost them all before finishing in second of district.  And to be honest if i was a new HC coming in there I would try and soften up my schedule till i got something built because you REALLY don't know what you have or lack there of...

Good luck Bulldogs on the rest of your season.   

Guest twag11
[quote name="Big Ford" post="1075316" timestamp="1317956288"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=89342.msg1075254#msg1075254 date=1317953588]
[/quote]

Texaggies, excellent example of Kirbyville.  Ton of talent last year including my cousin and this year is a struggle.

Kellybasketball, nobody is making fun of Kelly for who they played.  From the looks of it BC and Liberty are both solid teams.  Kelly has always played solid teams.  I can remember when Kelly traveled to Kirbyville years ago,  telling my age.

The difference is i support ALL my Beaumont schools and even some that are not here.  I don't bash any.  I'm a Jaguar by blood, have a daughter a WB,  younger 2 kids may be Panthers and yes I coached at Legacy.  Just cause i don't have any personal ties to Kelly doesn't mean I won't root for them. 

Like Aggiesarewe stated,  schedules are made on 2 year contracts.  I agree with you that the schedule is soft.  But don't bash the kids for it.    When i was there we played the likes of Evadale, HI, H-D and Sabine Pass in our predistrict schedule and lost them all before finishing in second of district.  And to be honest if i was a new HC coming in there I would try and soften up my schedule till i got something built because you REALLY don't know what you have or lack there of...

Good luck Bulldogs on the rest of your season. 
[/quote]After the complete shutdown of your fail attempt against Kelly wanting those Legacy kids to come play basketball for us i will now reinforce some more on why kelly wouldn't want or need them. We have a good junior class with three players who have varsity experience and one who's started varsity since freshman year. We also have possibly the strongest freshman class to come into Kelly in years and multiple sophomores who are talented at basketball but opted to play soccer freshman year instead who may come back to basketball very soon from what i hear. Look for Kelly to make some noise with a fairly young team next year. Now onwards to football what my problem is is that there is no way that Legacy is better than most teams on the small school poll i've seen Kelly East Chambers Legacy West Hardin and Buna play and lets say if Legacy played one of them it wouldn't be a pretty sight i would expect all teams listed there to beat Legacy by 30 or more.

I dont care about the football . (sarcasm)  ;D.. I want to know which sophmores are leaving soccer however as... Its rumors like this that start bad blood among a team.  :o  Why not go for the kicker to play basketball or a senior  who is great basketball player.  I am sure they would love to get out of the soccer program as its miserable.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

1% Milk, who cares about basketball right now when we are in the heart of football season.  KellyBasketball addressed the basketball issue.  You must be a Kelly alum and there is a basketball thread if you want to continue on that subject.  I'm quite sure the Bulldogs will be just fine on the hardwood.

The polls are not necessarly based on if 2 teams were to play each other head to head.  The polls are based on who is playing the best football in their respective classifications.  Those that know the sport would know that Legacy would not play East Chambers and Buna because of the size difference in the schools.  They have played West Hardin in the past.  And if I was coaching there, I would put you'll on the schedule.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1075442" timestamp="1317994244"]
1% Milk, who cares about basketball right now when we are in the heart of football season.  KellyBasketball addressed the basketball issue.  You must be a Kelly alum and there is a basketball thread if you want to continue on that subject.  I'm quite sure the Bulldogs will be just fine on the hardwood.

[b]The polls are not necessarly based on if 2 teams were to play each other head to head.  The polls are based on who is playing the best football in their respective classifications.[/b]  Those that know the sport would know that Legacy would not play East Chambers and Buna because of the size difference in the schools.  They have played West Hardin in the past.  And if I was coaching there, I would put you'll on the schedule.
[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!! Someone finally gets it!

Kelly? Kelly? You would think they were the second coming of Lake Travis!!! Guys it's just a poll. If you picked the team that would win head to head, most of the time it would be our two 5A schools and then 4A with a couple of 3A's put into the mix. Just like what has already been said, it's who's playing the best at thier classification. That's why it's so hard in non district games to rank these teams because a 3A like WOS playing Nederland and Friendswood and then maybe another 3A team playing two other 3A teams. How do you rank them? WOS that lost two very close games ahead of the other 3A team that beat two teams in thier class or go the other way. Kelly is the 5th best high school football team in Beaumont. Are you happy now? ;D 8) SMH while stirring the pot. 8)

Guest twag11
[quote name="Big Ford" post="1075442" timestamp="1317994244"]

The polls are not necessarly based on if 2 teams were to play each other head to head.  The polls are based on who is playing the best football in their respective classifications.  Those that know the sport would know that Legacy would not play East Chambers and Buna because of the size difference in the schools.  They have played West Hardin in the past.  And if I was coaching there, I would put you'll on the schedule.
[/quote]Okay now that makes sense I realize at their classification they are doing better I was just saying if they went head to head I'm 100% sure Kelly would win big. Oh and your the one that brought up basketball.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1075496" timestamp="1317999552"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=89342.msg1075442#msg1075442 date=1317994244]

[b]The polls are not necessarly based on if 2 teams were to play each other head to head.  The polls are based on who is playing the best football in their respective classifications.[/b]  Those that know the sport would know that Legacy would not play East Chambers and Buna because of the size difference in the schools.  They have played West Hardin in the past.  And if I was coaching there, I would put you'll on the schedule.
[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!! Someone finally gets it!
[/quote]

:)

Guest twag11
okay your arguement about who should legacy play with their enrollment hmmmm lets take a look at Kelly's enrollment compared to teams they have played this year.

Kelly-486

Bridge City-726
Liberty-663
Hamshire-Fannett-594
East Chambers-370
Westbury-525
Houston Christian-515
St Pius-660
St Thomas-720 (all boys)

so i mean idk who legacy should play but the majority of teams Kelly plays have about 180 to 200 more student than Kelly

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder