The Official Dayton Crow Eating Thread

BHFAN

Just got home and I think 2 or 3 babies were born by the time we got out of the parking lot  ;D Wow  BH has a team ! You flat made us look dumb the first half and only out played us for four QRTS. ( thats all ) Congrats on a well executed team and football game ! Now wheres that Grey Poupon ! :(

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1064556" timestamp="1316836093"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88760.msg1064528#msg1064528 date=1316835466]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=88760.msg1064519#msg1064519 date=1316835202]
The games I have seen...
Nederland ends the 19 year drought and beats PN-G (it was my senior year).  That was the first time in my classmates lifes that we lost to Nederland
Lumberton shocks the world and beats Dayton.  (the only team in the Triangle area to beat Dayton when we were in that district).
Crosby FINALLY beats Dayton, and pounds the Broncos 28 to 0
My son's senior year (de javue to 1984) BH beats Dayton in one of the best high school football games I have seen, and in front of the largest crowd ever to watch a game at the Hill, for the first time in the students lifetime.

Congrats to the kids at BH.  At all those games I had the "maturity" to take a step back and respect the thrill of victory for the opposing teams.  This week at BH High School will be amazing for the kids.

Through all the Bronco big losses, I can only say that the defeats in the long run made them better.  In 2007 Dayton went to the semi-finals, and in 2009 Crosby ended up watching Dayton play football after their season ended.  It's not the end for the Broncos, but it is a very big night for the Eagles.  Congrats!
[/quote]

Can't wait for your highlight video ;D And are you going to crown BH #1 on your poll or are the Bronco's still the number one team in the land?
[/quote]I will do justice to the video.  After what Livingston did to PN-G they will be #1.  If BH does run the slate, and so does Brenham, this victory may be hollow.  If the bracket is the same as last year it looks like BH will play PN-G first with the winner of that game getting Brenham (unless they are upset in the first round).  Dayton will probably draw Livingston.  The Broncos will have to get better to take out Livingston.  The winner of that game is in the easier part of the bracket (at least they were last year).
[/quote]

So Dayton drops to #3 :o this may be a record for that site of yours!!!!! I hope we do get PNG! God knows they need a BH whoppin too ;D

Ok I'm really going to bed now ;D

ILL TAKE MY CROW WITH SOME PICKLED PIGS FEET AND A 6 PIECE OF LONESTAR  ;D  DA HILL CAME OUT AND WANTED / FOUGHT FOR THA GAME MORE THAN THA BRONX PERIOD..  YOU WASNT LYIN BOUT THOSE LBs BHFAN. WOW THEY BRING DA WOOD. PLAIN AND SIMPLE BH WAS THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT AND DESERVED TO WIN. CONGRATS ( I KNEW IT WAS A SIGN WHEN I PULLED UP TO THE FRESH / JV GAME AND DA HILL PLAYERS WERE ON THA FIELD WARMIN UP 20 MINUTES BEFORE DA BRONX EVEN SHOWED )

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1064519" timestamp="1316835202"]
The games I have seen...
Nederland ends the 19 year drought and beats PN-G (it was my senior year).  That was the first time in my classmates lifes that we lost to Nederland
Lumberton shocks the world and beats Dayton.  (the only team in the Triangle area to beat Dayton when we were in that district).
Crosby FINALLY beats Dayton, and pounds the Broncos 28 to 0
My son's senior year (de javue to 1984) BH beats Dayton in one of the best high school football games I have seen, and in front of the largest crowd ever to watch a game at the Hill, for the first time in the students lifetime.

Congrats to the kids at BH.  At all those games I had the "maturity" to take a step back and respect the thrill of victory for the opposing teams.  This week at BH High School will be amazing for the kids.

Through all the Bronco big losses, I can only say that the defeats in the long run made them better.  In 2007 Dayton went to the semi-finals, and in 2009 Crosby ended up watching Dayton play football after their season ended.  It's not the end for the Broncos, but it is a very big night for the Eagles.  Congrats!
[/quote]Good post. You are showing some appreciated class. Thanks.

[quote name="friogal" post="1064495" timestamp="1316834625"]
I didnt make a prediction, primarily because I havent had time to do much posting, but if I had made a prediction, I would have gone the way it turned out! Still love the Broncos, but I really think BH is the top team in district this year! And, I'm happy to see it actually!!! Great game and I'd love to see BH go deep in the playoffs this year...time for BH to show they ARE FOR REAL...I'll be proud to support BH!!!
Congratulations Barber's Hill.
[/quote]

hello my favorite dayton poster...

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1064660" timestamp="1316838101"]
One of the best parts of the game was when it was announced that one of the BH players brothers had just touched down from Afganistan safe and sound.  It was the loudest I heard both sides cheer. ;D
[/quote]
This brought chills to everybody that I was around in the stands, the only thing better was on the next play that #3 the brother made the tackle on the kickoff return. The young boy should feel on top of the world, hope him and his brother are having the best time of their life tonight. It does not matter what kind of rivalry is taken place when a US SOLDIER makes it back home safe and sound everybody has deep feelings for our guys and gals fighting for our Nation. Great game guys. I do have black feathers in my mouth!!! (CROW)Good luck #3 tell your brother thank you for his work!

[quote name="gr" post="1064704" timestamp="1316840167"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=88760.msg1064660#msg1064660 date=1316838101]
One of the best parts of the game was when it was announced that one of the BH players brothers had just touched down from Afganistan safe and sound.  It was the loudest I heard both sides cheer. ;D
[/quote]
This brought chills to everybody that I was around in the stands, the only thing better was on the next play that #3 the brother made the tackle on the kickoff return. The young boy should feel on top of the world, hope him and his brother are having the best time of their life tonight. It does not matter what kind of rivalry is taken place when a US SOLDIER makes it back home safe and sound everybody has deep feelings for our guys and gals fighting for our Nation. Great game guys. I do have black feathers in my mouth!!! (CROW)Good luck #3 tell your brother thank you for his work!
[/quote]
Nice post.....I agree about both sides acknowledging the efforts of our Armed Forces.  Hats off to both sets of fans for putting it all in perspective!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1064393" timestamp="1316833341"]
Couple of questions for my big headed friends to the north

1.) Do we still seem slow to you?
2.) Do you still have 54 reasons why you think you are better?
3.) How does it feel to get your butt whipped after we fumbled away the game again?
4.) How do you like your crow?
5.) Can you say Defense?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D BH 4-0 Deal with it!!!!
[/quote]

I totally agree .... our defense is AWESOME, but turnovers or no turnovers, our Offense is NOT slow and I ESPECIALLY loved the way that third touchdown pass in the endzone caught Dayton's defense and sideline TOTALLY offguard .... hmmmmmmm ..... The Hill is For Real and We Can Also Pass the Ball .... Don't diss on our offense too much, I saw some runs tonight with Dayton guys hanging on for dear life trying to make tackles (on our slow RB's) with our RB's still standing (running) in the end ...... Don't get me wrong, the turnovers were bad, but they all made up for it in the end!!  What an AWESOME game!!

Congrats again to the Hill! That was one heck of a game! I saw the BH/Lumberton game and BH looked like a totally different team last night. Intensity is the best word to describe what I saw. Not just raw emotion though, the Eagles played with poise at the same time. They overcame some turnovers that could have lost the game for them. Great coaching and all around great effort. I knew we were in trouble when they announced the thing about #3's brother. Karma was on yall's side. As it should have been. Then he made the tackle! I even got a lump in my throat when that happened.

I said last night I sensed a changing of the guard. Not just because the Hill won this one game. Because of what I saw on the Broncos sideline. Absolutely nothing! No fire, no passion, no adjustments, no nothing. It seemed like the whole team (starting with the coaches) just showed up for a scrimmage! Even big Stew's presence on the sideline in the second half didn't matter. I sure hope this loss wakes somebody up.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1064660" timestamp="1316838101"]
[/quote]And then #3 makes the tackle on the kick off!  Great moment.

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="1064808" timestamp="1316863045"]
Dayton Fans had lots of hope,
But when the game was on the rope,
I looked across into your stands,
But most were gone they had already ran!!

We can, We Will, We’re Barbers Hill
We put on quite a show
Today my heart is filled with glee
To know Tyrone is eating crow!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Weak. Very weak. What's up with this stuff about the Bronco fans leaving anyway? BH scored the game winning TD. The game was over so people went home. That's generally what you do.

Turnovers didnt hurt yall that bad one came right after we threw an int and another one was at the end of the game on 3rd and long and he was no were near the first down and we didnt capitalize on the last one and tried a 53yd fieldgoal im still trying to understand. Make no mistake about it eagle fans we were outcoached and outplayed and lost by 7 and who knows maybe we can both make deep playoff runs and c each other again this year

I logged in this morning just to see how Dayton folks would respond to last nights loss to BH.  Wasn't sure what to expect.  I'm glad to see that our rivalry is one with a true respect for the game and the players.  Sure, there is a lot of smack talking every year leading up to the game, and it's fun.  But in the end, credit is given where credit is due.  Last year, Dayton beat us like little kids.  This year - possibly the best football game I've seen in a long time, and you SETX Dayton fans - the ones that truly know and love football - well, you guys are classy.  Let the youngsters who are still battling testoserone overload continue the smack talking.  Us "wiser, more experienced" types will simply enjoy this rivalry for good football.  I do love my Eagles.  Boy, what an amazing game!

Great win for the Eagles over a great program!  The Eagles know a little a bit about having a great program as we once were one of the elites in the classifications we played; and perhaps with this coaching staff, we can be again, this time in 4A.  But more, I wanna thank all the Dayton posters that have come on here with hat in hand.  As an ex-Hillian, avid fan, and one who has as much pride in my hometown and school now as I did 30 years ago (my gawd!);  who has had to endure all the smack (some in jest, some so filled with vitriol), I appreciate your candid assessments and props and very little to NO excuses.  Nobody likes to lose and nobody likes to lose a "big" game; but your class as a collective fan base (represented by the threads on this board) is remarkable.  There are few who will never get it and their names shall remain unwritten; but oh well we all know who they are.  So this EAGLE FAN just wants to say thank you Dayton for giving everybody in SETX an example.  All sappiness aside, this board does give us old fogies ALOT of entertainment! 

Great agme EAGLES and thank you Dayton for the class you have shown on the board. Two things to work on going forward though EAGLES.
1. Hang on to the FOOTBALL!!! Keep fumbling and you will be on the wrong side of an upset before the season is over and tied with Dayton.
2. Traffic control, granted nobody draws like Dayton but the MB police dept. was not ready for that. It was like trying to get out of Texas Motor Speedway but they draw 180,000 not 7500. Hope we can improve on that, we were kind of rude to our guest as we had them pinned in.

Great game on both sides.  Surprisingly clean given the amount of emotion and competitive juices leading into this game.  Just a good old fashioned slug fest.  Speaks to the quality and class of the kids on the both sides.

Hats off to Coach Gage and his staff for making some gutsy calls late.  I was very impressed with the play calling and the gamesmanship. 

BH defense was on the field FOREVER in the second half and was able to hold strong, even after having turnovers in BH territory in the 4th.  This LB corps might end up being one of the best, if not THE best to ever come through The Hill.  Keep getting better guys and be the leaders on D. 

Loved seeing the downhill tough running from #20.  GREAT blocking and GREAT running last night.  Keep feeding that fella the rest of the year!

Great game Broncos and great game Eagles.  Let's both make a run and carry that 19-4A banner deep into the playoffs!

Didn't get to see the game...And it must have been a good one.  But, after all the pregame chatter about speed being such a killer, I'd like to make an observation.  Speed is a weapon that, if you have none, it's very difficult to go very far.  But speed is not the killer.  The killer is speed being met with anticipated forceful contact, coming from the opposite direction.  Apparently, last night, the Ants were able to do a job on the Ponies.

Both are very good programs...Best of luck to both...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83