Cypress-Fairbanks new stadium

Cat22

Check this thing out!!!

http://www.drumcorpstexas.org/BerryStadium-3/index.html

Awesome looking stadium. Too bad that they spent several million dollars and didn't build a seating capacity any bigger than Nederland's and smaller than PN-G's. That seems to be a trend. Build a very nice looking stadium but cut back on seats and use the money to make it look pretty. I would rather a lot of good seats as opposed to a pretty entrance or a backdrop that looks like Disneyland. Give me a big stadium and field turf and I would be happy. I would hate to see the local school districts waste millions of dollars so that they can have a photo op to put on the internet.

It really is a top notch facility. From what I have heard, my son recently moved to Cy-Fair ISD, is that they are going to update the other stadium- Prdgeon and then add additional seating to both stadiums. It doesn't make much sense to me. Why not just build it with more seats to begin with? I do know that there was a controversy when they decided to build it in the first place.

I agree. What's the point of this grand stadium, that you pretty much are you going to play yourself out of its capacity fairly early.

North Shore's stadium is the same way. I'd take Stallworth here in Baytown over them any day now that we have fieldturf. If they could only clean the bird poop off the seats and get some better bathrooms lol A couple of sinks in the restroom would be nice! Anyone from Baytown listening to this????

I agree. What's the point of this grand stadium' date=' that you pretty much are you going to play yourself out of its capacity fairly early.

North Shore's stadium is the same way. I'd take Stallworth here in Baytown over them any day now that we have fieldturf. If they could only clean the bird poop off the seats and get some better bathrooms lol A couple of sinks in the restroom would be nice! Anyone from Baytown listening to this????[/quote']

Stallworth any day is right. North Shore sure is pretty but it is like a tourist attraction. I have seen it already. Now let us play in a stadium with some seats in it.

CFISD is catching alot of heat over the expense of this new venue. Their first utility bill sent the parents through the roof. They are now renting it out to some smaller pro teams to offset the cost. Guys are you kidding that you would rather play in Baytown than this?

CFISD is catching alot of heat over the expense of this new venue. Their first utility bill sent the parents through the roof. They are now renting it out to some smaller pro teams to offset the cost. Guys are you kidding that you would rather play in Baytown than this?

i hope they are kidding too, i've been to stallworth and it's nice. however it would be a thrill to play in Cy-Fair stadium every friday night. 8) how's things etbu?

Yes. Having a pretty backdrop adds nothing to the game. The box seats are nice but I don't see why you have to build that stadium to have box seats no more than you need something that extravagant to have field turf.

Nederland's crowd filled up most of Stallworth Stadium's home side last week. If they had played in that pretty new stadium, there would have been about 2,000 less seats on the home side. Do I want to drive an extra 30-45 minutes in order so see a pretty stadium and then have 2,000 less seats to choose from? No, I will gladly have Nederland play in Stallworth.

Yea but it also serves ten to twelve high schools and alot of kids. Yea you guys would not want to drive that far but for the kids in CFISD it may be another story. Bro I really not care but we have a stadium that is the BIGGEST JOKE in the state of Texas. :shock:

I can't wait till Dayton gets its new home side next year....

At least when Nederland and PN-G come to Dayton they will have a visiting side that won't be half filled by the band and drill squad!!!

As far as me...

Nothing beats playing at PN-G.

This is one of the more historic stadiums in SE Texas and there is nothing like the atmosphere that exists on a Friday night there.

As far as play off games....

Pasadena's stadium and Baytown's stadium are my top 2 pics on the East side of Houston. Those two stadiums have plenty of seating, especially for schools that have huge fan bases like Nederland and PN-G.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami