4a Fans poll

Cougtalk

Guest octfeb
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073933" timestamp="1317825202"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88472.msg1073770#msg1073770 date=1317782220]
well i don't care about them, and im doing the work to make this poll so... i guess thats all that matters aye?

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a fair environment for this poll. 
[/quote]

I do understand and you do have that flexibility.  But as you can understand, it would be a bit troubling for us to do a poll that would exclude 43 of the 59 schools within our coverage area.  We are a board that is intended to give a voice to schools of all size, be those as large as West Brook and Memorial to the smallest of schools in Chester and Community Christian.  Heck even beyond that we provide those smaller schools like Goodrich, Spurger, Brookeland, Port Arthur Prestonwood and yes, even Big Sandy up in Dallardsville, who do not choose to play football but do compete vigorously in other sports.

And that is how our poll is contructed and divided, to give all schools an opportunity to be considered.  Of course, we know that not all will be happy at how that poll turns out...it is not intended, but anticipated...but at least they have the opportunity to be ranked and we do not have a problem with with the disagreement with that poll.  Yes, we will defend our choices and to the extent board rules allow, will point out when we believe the disagreement is an unreasonable one.

I'll certainly admit that talk of the 4A districts comprises a large portion of our posts. However, that is by poster choice, not any arbitrary policy by the site.  We invite discussion and analysis regarding all schools regardless of size and while you can without interference from the site conduct your poll, this is just to let everyone know because we allow the segregation of one classification from the others does not mean that we endorse it.
[/quote] I don't think anyone was implying that this site is bias to any classification of sport. Everyone knows that this website is a GREAT site. And seems every year it gets more people from other areas other than SETEXAS coming here to rant laugh joke "make polls" and give their 2 cents worth of knowledge. I use this site as a learning tool for high school football. And to get a good laugh and even get a lil ticked at some people *coughs* [size=8pt]bh[/size].  it's all good  ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1073946" timestamp="1317826185"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=88472.msg1073933#msg1073933 date=1317825202]
well i don't care about them, and im doing the work to make this poll so... i guess thats all that matters aye?

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a fair environment for this poll. 
[/quote]

I do understand and you do have that flexibility.  But as you can understand, it would be a bit troubling for us to do a poll that would exclude 43 of the 59 schools within our coverage area.  We are a board that is intended to give a voice to schools of all size, be those as large as West Brook and Memorial to the smallest of schools in Chester and Community Christian.  Heck even beyond that we provide those smaller schools like Goodrich, Spurger, Brookeland, Port Arthur Prestonwood and yes, even Big Sandy up in Dallardsville, who do not choose to play football but do compete vigorously in other sports.

And that is how our poll is contructed and divided, to give all schools an opportunity to be considered.  Of course, we know that not all will be happy at how that poll turns out...it is not intended, but anticipated...but at least they have the opportunity to be ranked and we do not have a problem with with the disagreement with that poll.  Yes, we will defend our choices and to the extent board rules allow, will point out when we believe the disagreement is an unreasonable one.

I'll certainly admit that talk of the 4A districts comprises a large portion of our posts. However, that is by poster choice, not any arbitrary policy by the site.  We invite discussion and analysis regarding all schools regardless of size and while you can without interference from the site conduct your poll, this is just to let everyone know because we allow the segregation of one classification from the others does not mean that we endorse it.
[/quote] I don't think anyone was implying that this site is bias to any classification of sport. Everyone knows that this website is a GREAT site. And seems every year it gets more people from other areas other than SETEXAS coming here to rant laugh joke "make polls" and give their 2 cents worth of knowledge. I use this site as a learning tool for high school football. And to get a good laugh and even get a lil ticked at some people *coughs* [size=8pt]bh[/size].  it's all good  ;)
[/quote]

You're absolutely correct.  This site is what it is because of the spectrum of people that post on it and come to it.  Without it, it would be rather boring around here.  And I can attest that one thing that will never be a problem here anytime soon is BOREDOM. 

Thanks to all of you who make the site what it is.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073957" timestamp="1317826628"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=88472.msg1073946#msg1073946 date=1317826185]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You're absolutely correct.  This site is what it is because of the spectrum of people that post on it and come to it.  Without it, it would be rather boring around here.  And I can attest that one thing that will never be a problem here anytime soon is BOREDOM. 

[b]Thanks to all of you who make the site what it is.[/b]
[/quote]
Your welcome  ;D  8)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1073936" timestamp="1317825513"]
Didn't you guys see my  ;)?

Boy, some people just can't take a joke. ::)
[/quote]

They were a bit harsh, wern't they.  Hey, not all can be as diplomatic and sensitive as me. 

Woo, man alive, I think Cougtalk has got my vote for President after getting Grad so fired up..... ;D ;D 

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1059931" timestamp="1316376254"]
I'm going to start this, a 4a exclusive poll that ranks 19-4a and 20-4a teams.

What i need from you is 1 fan who supports each team in each district. Each sunday you'll recieve a ballot email, that should be returned by monday night.

Thing you should know before volunteering... everyones votes will be public record. i will post the results followed by each persons ranking. 

this is only ranking 19-4a and 20-4a so if your interested in being a member of the poll email me with the following information.
1) number of game you ahve attended this year/do you plan on making the vast majority of your teams games.
2) your email you would like to recieve your ballot.
3) a little guts. Your votes will matter and will be seen, have to be able to take ridicule.

NO ONE is excluded (most hated poster?, most loved?, Admin?) i don't care it will be a very simple calculus to determine who gets the job for each. IF for some reason a team does not have a represenative, i will post again to try and get a representative. 

This is our fan rendition of a coaches poll.

Hope to get emails soon. [email protected]
[/quote]

I got Lee

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1074128" timestamp="1317839091"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88472.msg1073936#msg1073936 date=1317825513]
Didn't you guys see my  ;)?

Boy, some people just can't take a joke. ::)
[/quote]

They were a bit harsh, wern't they.  Hey, not all can be as diplomatic and sensitive as me. 

Woo, man alive, I think Cougtalk has got my vote for President after getting Grad so fired up..... ;D ;D
[/quote]HAHAHAHAHA, loving every minute of it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="jabu84" post="1074260" timestamp="1317848733"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88472.msg1059931#msg1059931 date=1316376254]
I'm going to start this, a 4a exclusive poll that ranks 19-4a and 20-4a teams.

What i need from you is 1 fan who supports each team in each district. Each sunday you'll recieve a ballot email, that should be returned by monday night.

Thing you should know before volunteering... everyones votes will be public record. i will post the results followed by each persons ranking. 

this is only ranking 19-4a and 20-4a so if your interested in being a member of the poll email me with the following information.
1) number of game you ahve attended this year/do you plan on making the vast majority of your teams games.
2) your email you would like to recieve your ballot.
3) a little guts. Your votes will matter and will be seen, have to be able to take ridicule.

NO ONE is excluded (most hated poster?, most loved?, Admin?) i don't care it will be a very simple calculus to determine who gets the job for each. IF for some reason a team does not have a represenative, i will post again to try and get a representative. 

This is our fan rendition of a coaches poll.

Hope to get emails soon. [email protected]
[/quote]

I got Lee
[/quote]

pm me with ur email. also u go to all lee games? and will be at the remainder of them.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073933" timestamp="1317825202"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
look at the number of people west of Liberty to east of it. when you do that their are far more 4a schools to the west than any other, however this is the point.

1) my criticism has nothing to do with your coverage. It has to do with the comprising members.
2) The current make-up of pollsters makes senses for 20-4a, 3a, 2a, 1a, and even 5a.
3) YOU CLAIM to cover all of SETX including 19-4a. Yet i bet 65% of the people voting in that poll haven't seen a 19-4a district game.
4) your coverage in polls fundamentally excludes 19-4a and as such i'm giving them as well as 20-4a their own poll.
a) this is justified by the clear prevalence for 19/20 4a traffic.
b) by the lack of coverage for your MOST POPULAR subject area.
c) to get rid of the i watch x or y team bias, and instead create a focused and fair assessment, because i can offset bias by having even/close to even representation.

Of all the coverage areas you give theirs almost none given to MY district thus i'm giving it to them.

This is easily shown by the fact that during the past 2 broadcast which btw your site has popularized, their has been mention of gcm 3 times crosby 2x, dayton 5x. Silsbee had a 20+ min segment, yet theirs no coverage of the biggest upset of the day with dayton losing to BH?

Even coverage is fine... when its even. It's either small school or golden triangle no in between with your pollsters.

p.s. i don't criticize your site just your poll. It's like someone in dallas ranking who they thought where the best team in houston. o wait... everyone already complains about that.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1074532" timestamp="1317880589"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
look at the number of people west of Liberty to east of it. when you do that their are far more 4a schools to the west than any other, however this is the point.

1) my criticism has nothing to do with your coverage. It has to do with the comprising members.
2) The current make-up of pollsters makes senses for 20-4a, 3a, 2a, 1a, and even 5a.
3) YOU CLAIM to cover all of SETX including 19-4a. Yet i bet 65% of the people voting in that poll haven't seen a 19-4a district game.
4) your coverage in polls fundamentally excludes 19-4a and as such i'm giving them as well as 20-4a their own poll.
a) this is justified by the clear prevalence for 19/20 4a traffic.
b) by the lack of coverage for your MOST POPULAR subject area.
c) to get rid of the i watch x or y team bias, and instead create a focused and fair assessment, because i can offset bias by having even/close to even representation.

Of all the coverage areas you give theirs almost none given to MY district thus i'm giving it to them.

This is easily shown by the fact that during the past 2 broadcast which btw your site has popularized, their has been mention of gcm 3 times crosby 2x, dayton 5x. Silsbee had a 20+ min segment, yet theirs no coverage of the biggest upset of the day with dayton losing to BH?

Even coverage is fine... when its even. It's either small school or golden triangle no in between with your pollsters.

p.s. i don't criticize your site just your poll. It's like someone in dallas ranking who they thought where the best team in houston. o wait... everyone already complains about that.

[/quote]

bh, who got whom fired up?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami