4a Fans poll

Cougtalk

I'm going to start this, a 4a exclusive poll that ranks 19-4a and 20-4a teams.

What i need from you is 1 fan who supports each team in each district. Each sunday you'll recieve a ballot email, that should be returned by monday night.

Thing you should know before volunteering... everyones votes will be public record. i will post the results followed by each persons ranking. 

this is only ranking 19-4a and 20-4a so if your interested in being a member of the poll email me with the following information.
1) number of game you ahve attended this year/do you plan on making the vast majority of your teams games.
2) your email you would like to recieve your ballot.
3) a little guts. Your votes will matter and will be seen, have to be able to take ridicule.

NO ONE is excluded (most hated poster?, most loved?, Admin?) i don't care it will be a very simple calculus to determine who gets the job for each. IF for some reason a team does not have a represenative, i will post again to try and get a representative. 

This is our fan rendition of a coaches poll.

Hope to get emails soon. [email protected]

TEAMS who need representatives

19-4a
[s]Crosby[/s]
[s]Barbers Hill[/s]
[s]Dayton (found) [/s]
North Forest
CE King (have someone in mind)
Galena Park
[s]GCM[/s]
Lee

20-4a
[s]PNG (found) [/s]
[s]Vidor (found)[/s]
Central
Ozen
[s]Nederland[/s]
Lumberton
LCM
[s]Livingston/s]

If any fans of North forest or GP could be found please contact me im sure someone can step-up for the rest of the teams.

pm or email me to get a spot.

• 2 weeks later...
ok this poll will start after this week of play. i will send the email, we have uneven numbers right now. so where 20-4a at? i need 1 more 20-4a representative from one of the school mentioned. without a sponsor.

also every monday their will be 2 threads.
1 will be individual score cards.
2 will be cumulative records.

i am using a high low exclusion so that the polls come out better for example.

i will take ranks

lets say dayton was ranked 1,3,3,3,3,3,3,12 by people voting.
then i will drop their highest ranking and their lowest ranking, so they would have a total ranks of 3,3,3,3,3,3. This is one of the simplest things to prevent absolute bias.

Also it will be strict ranks, for example you can't rank bh/png as 2 u have to rank each in order. i will send a group email out on thursday to define the rules and make sure people understand.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073398" timestamp="1317755272"]
I love it!  A poll that includes less than 1/3 of the schools in he SETX coverage area!

How freaking elitist of y'all!  Like 4A ball is the only thing that anyone cares about!

Hehehe! Boys, my fun has only just begun!
[/quote]

Yes and if you don't bi^&ch every week, I am going to streak nude through a Rice football game with your name tattooed on my back-side.  ;D ;D ;D

Speaking of "elite", maybe it should be "West of the Trinity 4-A poll.  ;) ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1073429" timestamp="1317757385"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=88472.msg1073398#msg1073398 date=1317755272]
I love it!  A poll that includes less than 1/3 of the schools in he SETX coverage area!

How freaking elitist of y'all!  Like 4A ball is the only thing that anyone cares about!

[/quote]

Yes and if you don't bi^&ch every week, I am going to streak nude through a Rice football game with your name tattooed on my back-side.  ;D ;D ;D

Speaking of "elite", maybe it should be "West of the Trinity 4-A poll.  ;) ;)
[/quote]

The faithful at Rice will be pleased ON MANY ACCOUNTS!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1073398" timestamp="1317755272"]

How freaking elitist of y'all! Like [b]4A ball is the only thing that anyone cares about[/b]!

[/quote]

Or perhaps it's just true.

also i'm a Crosby football fan, and i haven't seen a 3a game in years, thus it'd be hard for me to judge 3a teams as for 2a teams... who cares =p.

fyi last 3a game i saw was huffman vs coldspring. like 5 years ago.

and also i didn't call this the setx football poll... i called it the 4a FAN POLL.

o and on another note... perhaps you should change the name of ur poll to the Beaumont people making predictions about teams they've never seen play poll....

at least in my poll everyone will have seen at least half the teams play at the end of the year.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1073605" timestamp="1317767039"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=88472.msg1073398#msg1073398 date=1317755272]

How freaking elitist of y'all! Like [b]4A ball is the only thing that anyone cares about[/b]!

[/quote]

Or perhaps it's just true.

also i'm a Crosby football fan, and i haven't seen a 3a game in years, thus it'd be hard for me to judge 3a teams as for 2a teams... who cares =p.

fyi last 3a game i saw was huffman vs coldspring. like 5 years ago.

and also i didn't call this the setx football poll... i called it the 4a FAN POLL.

o and on another note... perhaps you should change the name of ur poll to the Beaumont people making predictions about teams they've never seen play poll....

at least in my poll everyone will have seen at least half the teams play at the end of the year.

[/quote]

Actually, if you have seen the comments to the SETXsports High School Football Rankings...and no, no name change is necessary.t...he schools 2A and smaller, as well as the private schools, care a lot!

well i don't care about them, and im doing the work to make this poll so... i guess thats all that matters aye?

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a fair environment for this poll. 

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1073770" timestamp="1317782220"]
well i don't care about them, and im doing the work to make this poll so... i guess thats all that matters aye?

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a [b]fair environment for this poll[/b].
[/quote]

Here is a fair and accurate 4A poll:

1. Livingston
2. Barbers Hill
3. Nederland
4. Dayton
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LCM
8. PNG
9. Central
10. CE King

any other form of a 4A poll that would be different than this would be totally hogwash, inept, and show complete lack of knowledge of local 4A football. Ones involved would be looked upon as complete fools. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1073811" timestamp="1317786581"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=88472.msg1073770#msg1073770 date=1317782220]

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a [b]fair environment for this poll[/b].
[/quote]

1. Livingston
2. Barbers Hill
3. Nederland
4. Dayton
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LCM
8. PNG
9. Central
10. CE King

any other form of a 4A poll that would be different than this would be totally hogwash, inept, and show complete lack of knowledge of local 4A football. Ones involved would be looked upon as complete fools. ;)
[/quote] Your response might be a little over the top - ever thought about running for President - ;)

[/quote]

[b]Here is a fair and accurate[/b] 4A poll:

1. Livingston
2. Barbers Hill
3. Nederland
4. Dayton
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LCM
8. PNG
9. Central
10. CE King

[b]any other form of a 4A poll that would be different than this would be totally hogwash, inept, and show complete lack of knowledge of local 4A football. Ones involved would be looked upon as complete fools. [/b];)
[/quote]

Here is a fair and accurate assessment of your post.......you are way to full of yourself, I mean your the only one on SETXsports that has their own picture as their avatar..lol it might do you good to remember that SETXsports is made up of folks who might have a different opinion than yours, which is what makes this site work...right. BTW I don't plan on participating in this poll, I just wanted to point out the complete arrogance of your post and your exaggerated self-opinion.

Guest octfeb

[/quote]

1. Livingston
2. Barbers Hill
3. Nederland
4. Dayton
5. Ozen
6. Vidor
7. LCM
8. PNG
9. Central
10. CE King

[b]any other form of a 4A poll that would be different than this would be totally hogwash,[/b] inept, and show complete lack of knowledge of local 4A football. Ones involved would be looked upon as complete fools. ;)
[/quote]This could hold water IF you were stating facts. But you are merely only stating an opinion.. So there fore your statement it self is hogwash. Which is also just an opinion.  8)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1073770" timestamp="1317782220"]

its really just a 4a poll because that's what interest me. And as someone whos dealt with statistics on a regular basis i feel i can create a fair environment for this poll. 
[/quote]

I do understand and you do have that flexibility.  But as you can understand, it would be a bit troubling for us to do a poll that would exclude 43 of the 59 schools within our coverage area.  We are a board that is intended to give a voice to schools of all size, be those as large as West Brook and Memorial to the smallest of schools in Chester and Community Christian.  Heck even beyond that we provide those smaller schools like Goodrich, Spurger, Brookeland, Port Arthur Prestonwood and yes, even Big Sandy up in Dallardsville, who do not choose to play football but do compete vigorously in other sports.

And that is how our poll is contructed and divided, to give all schools an opportunity to be considered.  Of course, we know that not all will be happy at how that poll turns out...it is not intended, but anticipated...but at least they have the opportunity to be ranked and we do not have a problem with with the disagreement with that poll.  Yes, we will defend our choices and to the extent board rules allow, will point out when we believe the disagreement is an unreasonable one.

I'll certainly admit that talk of the 4A districts comprises a large portion of our posts. However, that is by poster choice, not any arbitrary policy by the site.  We invite discussion and analysis regarding all schools regardless of size and while you can without interference from the site conduct your poll, this is just to let everyone know because we allow the segregation of one classification from the others does not mean that we endorse it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder