HF Problems

fisherking

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1059612" timestamp="1316315887"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=88396.msg1059469#msg1059469 date=1316309294]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=88396.msg1059331#msg1059331 date=1316300997]
[b]District 21[/b]
Bridge City 714
Hamshire-Fannett 527
Orangefield 542
Silsbee 853
Sour Lake Hardin-Jefferson 586
West Orange-Stark 699

Not a huge difference!
[/quote]

Maybe its not but it is enough. If you break it down and say that half are girls and half is boys that is 86 or 21 more boys per class. Before you start I do realize that not all boys are in athletics. Lets say half 43 boy are in athletics from 9th to 12th. 43 is enough to make another varsity team. In 3A on down it does matter. In 4A on up it does not. You experts think I am whinning. No I am not, I am realistic. Now people will say how does 2A Newton compete with the big boys? Different breed of kids. They are still "old school", just like WOS. You don't see many parents visiting the coaches office to complain at those schools.
[/quote]
I dont get it.  Are you saying that HF is a bunch of girls? ;D
[/quote]

Wow, I am talking about Bridge City and Orangefield. I give up!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  NOT!!!!! BC has 172 kids more than OF at the high school level. Do the freakin math.

You do realize that just a few years ago, BC was a doormat (no offense to BC, just the facts) in football year in and year out.  Every program goes through cycles.  BC is going through a good stretch right now.  OF also has had very little success over a number of years, but they have had success in the past.  Numbers do matter (enrollment at the high school level), but the quality of kids, coaching and support from parents (and lack of interveningh) also matter as well.  Newton is able to compete year after year because there is a thing called tradition.  No kid growing up in Newton wants to be on the team that doesn't make the playoffs or loses to their rival.  There is alot of pride in that smalltown.  The same way WO-S has been all these years, even as their numbers have dropped.  HF has always had some impressive athletes taking the field, they just never seem to gel at the right time.  Seems like the last few yeras they have had a few baseball only players, OF has had the same thing the last several years.  This only hurts the programs at smaller (3A and below) schools.  Anahuac was the same way until Coach Barbay got there, lots of athletes but no real success, but within a year and a half, they were a perennial playoff contender.  Give Coach Price his time. 

[quote name="tracker1012" post="1059727" timestamp="1316355177"]
well then no excuses this week riding solo  because kelly only has 420 students
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Orangefield does not play Kelly. No excuses here just saying numbers do matter and I realize that athlete's do to. My point is not to say those schools can't compete because they can and have. Maybe not as much in football but in other sports. Bridge City has been very successful since dropping to 3A. In 4A they was the dormat except for baseball. 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="finger roll" post="1060323" timestamp="1316400936"]
HF doesn't seem to be able to get the kids from Cheek that they use to.  Back in their competitive years, there were 3 or 4 athletes from Cheek playing ball at HF.
[/quote]

Correct. They all seem to live with "Auntie" in Beaumont.  ;)

In this day and age, where you live school district wise is all but irrelevant.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont