West Brook @ Katy-Predictions

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1055425" timestamp="1315852597"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=88108.msg1055418#msg1055418 date=1315852014]
I hate to say it, but Katy 56 WB 14. Maybe I'll be wrong!
[/quote]I dont think they'll score THAT many.....at lease they never have in the past. Once they get a 3 or 4 TD lead, they tend to pull the starters and coast with the back-ups in.
[/quote]
I'm not knocking ya'll. I looked back and seen where they put 36 points on North Shore and 30 against Elsik, so I'll change the prediction to 42 to 14. I think you'll have atleast one pick six, and atleast 3 TD's by 1st team. 2nd team will score atleast one or two. I probably would say it would be closer if WB hadn't struggled against Ozen, Central, and Eisenhower. Although Katy isn't as strong as they've been in the past. My wife taught there for 4 years and they won state one year, played for state two years, and lost in the semi's another year. They are just really good HS team.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you play a team like Katy it has the potential to be explosive... Katy has the ability to go out and hang 50 plus on almost anyone they play... The question is, can you do enough defensively to slow it down long enough to stay in the game.... You have to win each possession.... On offense, you can't turn the ball over and you have to at least move the football enough to keep their offense on the sidelines.... Haack can't hurt you if the defense is on the field, right?

[quote name="mypooh" post="1055616" timestamp="1315873135"]
The key is that after the game win or lose WBrook will be ready for district play. Make it out the game injury free and that's a win. Lufkin in a scrimmage Katy in Katy bring on NShore LaPorte and PAM. This game will be somemore seasoning for the Bruins win or lose.
[/quote]I agree with you 100%.

[quote name="HubTx" post="1056180" timestamp="1315945075"]
SFA, my guess is that Katy used the off-week to prepare for district, I doubt that they would put two weeks into a game plan against West Brook....
[/quote]
And to heal up.....despite the scores, the first two games were really physical. Also the offense was very Vanilla in those games....look for them to open it up a little bit more.

This game will come down to execution, discipline, and coaching.  ::)

As for a prediction...it will be clear skies, and beautiful day for a good ball game.

Week in and week out teams line up against Katy to play the best game of their life...for some play makers, it takes them out of their best game...others, can't handle the pressure of playing "KATY". 

THAT is the only difference between a dynasty and trying to become one....the mental preparation for this game will supersede any phase of a game these kids have been already playing for years.

You want to count on ur play makers and hope the rest of the TEAM on the field can maintain their poise...it's just another game....focus....and we will execute, be disciplined, and our coaching will be right on!

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1056611" timestamp="1316003823"]
This game will come down to execution, discipline, and coaching.  ::)

As for a prediction...it will be clear skies, and beautiful day for a good ball game.

Week in and week out teams line up against Katy to play the best game of their life...for some play makers, it takes them out of their best game...others, can't handle the pressure of playing "KATY". 

THAT is the only difference between a dynasty and trying to become one....the mental preparation for this game will supersede any phase of a game these kids have been already playing for years.

You want to count on ur play makers and hope the rest of the TEAM on the field can maintain their poise...it's just another game....focus....and we will execute, be disciplined, and our coaching will be right on!
[/quote] 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami