Almost 1,000 yards rushing

STINGER

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="STINGER" post="1054120" timestamp="1315677978"]
After only 3 regular season games Hemphill Sophomore QB Justin Twine is at 928 rushing yards on the season.  What is the single season rushing record for a QB in the state of Texas?
[/quote]

State records are not broken down by position. Rushing records are just that, rushing records, be it QB, RB, or WR.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
They have faced Garrison, West Sabine, and Joaquin. I personally do not know anything about these teams. What i think is amusing is in the write up they got on the team previews on here they actually said that Twine might get some competition at QB this year. I wonder if he still has some competition lol  ::)  :D  ;D

[quote name="cougars" post="1054594" timestamp="1315717581"]
obviously gray's yard are more respectable... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

Aledo is 4a and I belive hemphill is 2a.

obviously gray's yard are [b]more respectable[/b]... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

What A your school is has nothing to do with [b]respect[/b] for a young Kid in a small town school should have the same respect given if you are in your high and mighty big time stadiums as we are playing up here in the woods..Respect is earned not given... I congratulate the young man.. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1054645" timestamp="1315748345"]
[quote author=cougars link=topic=88043.msg1054594#msg1054594 date=1315717581]
obviously gray's yard are [b]more respectable[/b]... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

What A your school is has nothing to do with [b]respect[/b] for a young Kid in a small town school should have the same respect given if you are in your high and mighty big time stadiums as we are playing up here in the woods..Respect is earned not given... I congratulate the young man.. ;)
[/quote]
Amen, I agree.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
You know i'm willing to bet that if Twine had the same program and budget and training and coaches and oppurtunities as gray that he would be just as good in that school as gray is if not better but yet he's doing in with a smaller school and less money. Never doubt a man's skill because of the school he is from or how good the team's he plays against are.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1054657" timestamp="1315753271"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=88043.msg1054645#msg1054645 date=1315748345]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Amen, I agree.
[/quote]It would also make sense to state that Aledo's line is probably MUCH better than Hemphill's thus helping pave the way for Gray, however I am not taking ANYTHING away from Gray he is a phenomal athlete who just broke the all time career TD record.  Ninety percent of the plays that Twine rushes on are designed plays.  Joaquin was sending 3 defensive players after Justin Twine each snap and he still had over 200yards rushing, while his brother that plays RB also had over 200.  If you stick 3 on Justin you're opening the door for his brother Jordan.

obviously gray's yard are more respectable... he is a runningback playing 5A football... are this QB's yard from scrambling or designed running plays??? how good was that team they beat scoring 77? they are like 3A right?
[/quote]

Aledo is 4A

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1056066" timestamp="1315938860"]
[/quote]

Aledo is 4A
[/quote]My bad, I retract that part of the statement and insert 4a.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1055548" timestamp="1315864436"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=88043.msg1054122#msg1054122 date=1315678129]
geeezzz...what's he gunna be like as a senior?...wow ;D
[/quote]

I'm thinking he might be at another school when he's a senior.
[/quote]Absolutely no need for him to be at another school.  As a sophomore he is already garnering enough attention to get AND is getting the attention of D1 schools.  He's already recieved letters from several BIG D1 schools.

[quote name="Claude" post="1056607" timestamp="1316003436"]
Not hard to do when you rush with the qb 30-40 times a game.
[/quote]He rushed for only 21 times in the game against WS and I am pretty sure he rushed 18-20 times against Joaquin.  He's not getting 30-40 opportunities. 

My favorite thing to do on a Friday night is see my COUGARS win.  My second favorite thing to do on a Friday night is see a great football player and an even better football game and it sounds like I will be able to do that in Buna Friday night.  I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Twine showcase his skills and see how the Coogs handle the most explosive offensive weapon they have seen in this young season.  This might prove a really good tuneup, win or lose, prior to playing Newton.  Can't wait till Friday night.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="bruno994" post="1056774" timestamp="1316018067"]
My favorite thing to do on a Friday night is see my COUGARS win.  My second favorite thing to do on a Friday night is see a great football player and an even better football game and it sounds like I will be able to do that in Buna Friday night.  I am looking forward to seeing Mr. Twine showcase his skills and see how the Coogs handle the most explosive offensive weapon they have seen in this young season.  This might prove a really good tuneup, win or lose, prior to playing Newton.  Can't wait till Friday night.
[/quote]

I agree. It's Friday night football at its best. I applaud the Hornets as a team. They may have the Twine's to run the ball, but they are playing as a team. They are restoring the pride in Hemphill. We have a fan section  now instead of parents of band members, players, etc. Sure the Twines are a special pair of athletes, (five boys in the family) but it takes determination from ALL on the team to improve and work hard. Right now it's working. O-Line and D-line... lets go Hornets! Good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83