Home Field Advantage

LP0175

The Houston Chronicle (take it with a grain of salt) voted Bulldog Stadium (La Porte) to be the #3 home advantage stadium in the Greater Houston area. Judy Dials, who has made several trips to Bulldog Stadium over a span of 5 years, notes the close proxy of the stands and the length of the stands extending the entire length of the field
Having played at Bulldog Stadium my entire high school career I have additions to what advantages our stadium holds.
1.) Mosquitos: not as bad as they use to before since the insulation of field turf but still bad none the less.
2.) Visitor locker rooms: again, better (for visitors) now that visitor specific lockerroom was built. Before then teams dressed under the visitor stands ( the original homeside and lockerroom). In there we stored old track equipment and there is NO ventelation in there. A second option is the former fieldhouse. Again that place is outdated. No running water and very miserable in the summer heat. The 3rd otion was "The Hot Box" as La Porte calls it. These are the locker rooms located in the ol varsity competgion gym. Want an ideal of why we call it the "hot box"? Windows located in the court portion of the gym was the only way to cool off in there. Again the locker rooms didn't have vents plus it was meant for roundball not football so 20 players max can dress in there. While I played there plenty of teams chose to dress and break outside rather than in any of the three visitor locker rooms
3.)to be an "open" stadium it still gets loud with a full house, lots of brick surrounding the stadium.
4.) The wind coming off the bay can be extremely privotal at times.

What are some advantages your home team stadium has?

[b]Cub Stadium:[/b] Since the "walk of champions" (archway that the players walk through, on the way to the field) was installed, we're 7-0. (Also the same time we got our new turf) Just superstition on that part. Lol. Two things that probably anger teams that play here, are the drive and the visitor seating.

1.) The drive for just about everybody that plays here, is atleast an hour long. (except Waller) Most 4A districts feature teams that are within a few minutes of each other, but Brenham is out here by itself.  Some teams even have to deal with Houston traffic, in addition to the hour trip. 

2.) The visiting stands have always been small, but over the last few years things have changed a little.  Last year we did replace the warped wooden bleachers on the visitors side, but since then we've made 1/3 of the visitors side for our band and our fans.  The visiting fans only get the center third, cuz the other end is for the visiting band.  This is inconvenient for large schools and teams that travel well.

It's not the best homefield advantage, but it doesn't hurt...  Lol

[quote name="LP0175" post="1049741" timestamp="1315192879"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=87685.msg1048780#msg1048780 date=1315090984]
It's gonna be my Titans new home after this season!!!!!!! ;) 8)
[/quote]

Well Titans are playing on BORROWED field...you know what I mean 8)
[/quote]Don't even try it. Lol North Shore complained bout the field cause they lost.

N.S. are brats anyway.

Brenham...I give you credit on the drive. We traveld (as a private school) to Bryan, tx for a game. We left houston @ 1pm and still sat in traffic on the west loop. The drive on an Old Yella is borring and long. Windows down with hot air blowing is not fun. Wood bleachers are uncomfortable for the fans. Ethridge stadium (la marque) I believ is terrible for the parking lot and stands. I would like to hear from more schools so invite others on the board to post.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder